CoolCV emulator for Mac OS X, Linux, Windows and Raspberry

Colecovision Emulator Mac Windows

538 replies to this topic

#526 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 6,165 posts

Posted Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:22 AM

So is this the best CV emulator for windows? Sorry new to CV emu scene and all the phoenix news has me wanting to try some CV games.

Does CoolCV have SGM support?

Yes, it supports the SGM.

Best emulators are for CV are BlueMsx, CoolCV, Adamem and then MAME/MESS.

#527 Ikrananka OFFLINE  

Ikrananka

River Patroller

• 2,837 posts

Posted Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:56 AM

Yes, it supports the SGM.

Best emulators are for CV are BlueMsx, CoolCV, Adamem and then MAME/MESS.

While BlueMSX has great CV emulation it does have some issues and appears to be no longer under development.  I don't recall clearly but my recollection is that the SGM was never successfully supported and there were issues when using real CV controllers with rotary movement such as the driving controller, roller controller and the spinner on the super action controllers.  Whereas with CoolCV all of these work, more or less out of the box, and so CoolCV is now my go to CV emulator replacing BlueMSX after many years.

#528 alortegac OFFLINE  

alortegac

Chopper Commander

• 179 posts

Posted Sun Dec 2, 2018 8:21 PM

I have used the Roller Controller and Driving Wheel in CoolCV using an interface (http://www.intellivi...e/interface.php) successfully. It works beautifully!

Hi, apologies for the late question,   I was wondering, do you still need to supply +5v directly to the trackball? TIA. Al

#529 Ikrananka OFFLINE  

Ikrananka

River Patroller

• 2,837 posts

Posted Wed Jan 2, 2019 3:05 PM

I've been proposed to implement F18A support some months ago but I don't had time yet to check it.

Just curious if you've had any further thoughts about adding F18A emulation to Cool CV.  I'm sure this would be something quite a lot of people would like to have.

• TPR likes this

#530 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 6,165 posts

Posted Wed Jan 2, 2019 5:34 PM

Hi, apologies for the late question,   I was wondering, do you still need to supply +5v directly to the trackball? TIA. Al

Yes, you need to connect the CV Power Supply to the Roller Controller just the same as you still need 4 C-Batteries to use the Driving Module with that controller interface.

#531 alortegac OFFLINE  

alortegac

Chopper Commander

• 179 posts

Posted Wed Jan 2, 2019 5:55 PM

Yes, thank you so much. I tried it and it worked perfectly. Thanks again. Al

#532 alortegac OFFLINE  

alortegac

Chopper Commander

• 179 posts

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:30 PM

Having issues with running COOLCV 6.6 in windows 10 64 bits.  It opens in black screen and it is unresponsive.  Appears running on 32 bit......Any ideas on how to fix issue? thanks!

#533 intvdave OFFLINE  

intvdave

Dragonstomper

• 740 posts

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:39 PM

Having issues with running COOLCV 6.6 in windows 10 64 bits.  It opens in black screen and it is unresponsive.  Appears running on 32 bit......Any ideas on how to fix issue? thanks!

How are you loading it? Are you double clicking on the executable? Running it from a command prompt? What parameters are you using if from a command prompt? Dragging a ROM over to it? Which ROM?

#534 alortegac OFFLINE  

alortegac

Chopper Commander

• 179 posts

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:50 PM

Thanks for your response.

Yes,  I am trying to run directly by double clicking on the exec. I then get a black screen.  When I drag and drop any rom, it remains black and becomes unresponsive. The only way to close is to end with task manager. See pictures.

I have used COOLCV in the past, but never with Win 10 64. 

thanks again for your help!

Al

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG
  • Capture2.PNG
  • Capture3.PNG
  • Capture4.PNG

#535 intvdave OFFLINE  

intvdave

Dragonstomper

• 740 posts

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:18 PM

I have used COOLCV in the past, but never with Win 10 64. 

I just downloaded 6.6 and copied it to a new folder in my Window-64bit system and the game loaded fine. I do have the latest updates applied. I am thinking the issue is not Windows. Could it be an access issue? Maybe it is not creating the config file in the My Documents folder?

Would you try right clicking on the executable and select "Run as administrator"?

#536 alortegac OFFLINE  

alortegac

Chopper Commander

• 179 posts

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:50 PM

Hi, thanks a lot!

I tried "run as admin" and did not work. Also I checked for config. is present in my documents and looks all correct . See attached. I will run win updates an check. Does the computer need to have any other apps/drivers loaded for coolcv to work? I such as JAVa, Flash adobe or any other like. Attached all I see in programs. 

Stella work perfectly first try. K5200 and retroarch worked fine after I fixed some VCS.dll files and video drivers gl.

thanks!

Al

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture5.PNG
  • Capture6.PNG

Edited by alortegac, Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:55 PM.

#537 intvdave OFFLINE  

intvdave

Dragonstomper

• 740 posts

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:57 PM

I tried "run as admin" and did not work. Also I checked for config. is present in my documents and looks all correct . See attached. I will run win updates an check. Does the computer need to have any other apps/drivers loaded for coolcv to work? I such as JAVa, Flash adobe or any other like. Attached all I see in programs. 

Stella work perfectly first try. K5200 and retroarch worked fine after I fixed some VCS.dll files and video drivers gl.

I did nothing special to my system. CoolCV ran perfectly. Hopefully, Oscar will chime in about the need for supporting programs. I do not think anything extra is needed. Sorry I could not help.

#538 alortegac OFFLINE  

alortegac

Chopper Commander

• 179 posts

Posted Yesterday, 7:35 PM

I did nothing special to my system. CoolCV ran perfectly. Hopefully, Oscar will chime in about the need for supporting programs. I do not think anything extra is needed. Sorry I could not help.

Thank you so much. I have tried almost everything I know...still no luck.

#539 alortegac OFFLINE  

alortegac

Chopper Commander

• 179 posts

Posted Yesterday, 7:40 PM

I switch to another computer and COOLCV was running correctly standalone.  Once I paired with LAUNCHBOX.....run well few times and then I got the black screen of death again..It does not run anymore., even standalone. Crashing every time. 

KAT5200 also crashed the same way after running fine few times standalone, I paired it with LAUNCH BOX...it worked few times, then black screen.

I reinstalled both emulators from scratched again  both still crashing to black screen when starting up....

Any ideas?  Any experience with COOLCV and LAUNCH BOX.

thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Colecovision, Emulator, Mac, Windows

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users