IGNORED

Atari 7800 Controller Options and Video Reviews

nosweargamer

Since I have gone through several of the limited Atari 7800 Controller options on my YouTube show and there was a recent topic about it, I thought I would compile my findings in one simple thread. There are a couple more options out there, and if I ever try them out, I will post my findings here as well. I hope this helps some of you who are considering controllers for the system.

Here they are in no particular order:

The Standard Pro Line Joystick

The CX78 aka Europad

The Edladdin Seagull 78 Adapter (let's you use Genesis controllers on 2 button 7800 games)

The Edladdin Supreme 78: All Play 4/8 (Premium, Convertible 4-way/ 8-way Joystick)

The Edladdin Super Twin 78 (Premium Twin Stick Joystick)

• Like 5

Since I have gone through several of the limited Atari 7800 Controller options on my YouTube show and there was a recent topic about it, I thought I would compile my findings in one simple thread. There are a couple more options out there, and if I ever try them out, I will post my findings here as well. I hope this helps some of you who are considering controllers for the system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwrjNQ9B0Pw

The CX78 aka Europad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwPm8QLYwVk

The Edladdin Seagull 78 Adapter (let's you use Genesis controllers on 2 button 7800 games)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzZ4XcC3YbY

The Edladdin Supreme 78: All Play 4/8 (Premium, Convertible 4-way/ 8-way Joystick)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M5ecoTlzFE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6x3FSuTzHk

Supreme 78 :love: That is a badass controller!!

• Like 3

The Seagull 78 is tops in my book...opens up an entire world of cheap, well made Sega controllers (I do wish the design was a straight plug into the 7800 right from the converter box, where the box would look like part of the 7800, just sticking out...that 8 inches or so of cable on the system end often means my converter hangs and gets banged around a bit as I move the controller).

• Like 2

The Seagull 78 is tops in my book...opens up an entire world of cheap, well made Sega controllers (I do wish the design was a straight plug into the 7800 right from the converter box, where the box would look like part of the 7800, just sticking out...that 8 inches or so of cable on the system end often means my converter hangs and gets banged around a bit as I move the controller).

I totally agree that the Seagull 78 is great in just about every Sega Genesis is better than the Pro-Line and Europad imho.

Of course, for those with the cash, it's hard to beat the Supreme 78: 4/8

What's cool to me is for the longest time there seemed to only be two options. The Seagull 78 alone opens up a whole new world of controller options. Sega Acvtivator anyone ;)

• Like 1

I have the arcade stick made by uberarcade. It came out just before the edlad line of controllers. I can't see myself buying anymore controllers as the 7800 has a ton of options from all these new options and nes converted to 7800 pads from years ago.

The CX78 aka Europad

Those are awesome, Phil! Thanks again for all your support!

Edit: Removed links for brevity!

Edited by edladdin
  • Like 1