IGNORED

retropie 5200 and lynx problems

Tifany

Hey guys!

Ive been playing around with my pi2 and retropie, Ive gotten just about everything to work consistently except for the 800/5200 and the lynx.

For the lynx, it shows me all the games and I can select fine, but when the game loads I get either a blank screen or a colored screen and sometimes the game music plays.

With the 5200, When I load a game it asks what type of cart it is, but I cant figure out how to select any option except the first one. The game just goes to a blank screen and then back to the game select thing.

Trying to run 800 games sometimes works, sometimes not, and sometimes the game has some weird noises or artifacts.

Ive been using atari800win for many years and I know how to configure everything but for some reason the pi/linux version is wanting to fight me. Ive been playing around with the linux version of atari800 on my Ubuntu box since its seems to be identical to the one the pi is using and its giving me the same issues, so I know it just has to be some little setting im missing.

Any suggestions??

Thanks everyone!

Tifany

Hi Tifany,

I believe that your are using EmulationStation. Try to edit the es_systems.cfg file (located in /etc/emulationstation directory) and replace the command line by the new one in blue below (be sure to make a copy of your file just in case):

<system>

<name>atari5200</name>

<fullname>Atari 5200</fullname>

<path>/media/usb/roms/atari5200</path>

<extension>.bin .BIN .a52 .A52 .rom .ROM</extension>

<!-- <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ atari5200 %ROM%</command> -->

<command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 "/opt/retropie/emulators/atari800/bin/atari800 -5200 -cart-type 4 -cart %ROM%" "atari800"</command>

<platform>atari5200</platform>

<theme>atari5200</theme>

</system>

This will `force` the emulator to be in 5200 mode. Don`t forget that you will need the 5200 bios file ;-)

Edited by BriceZ