IGNORED

The Atari Jaguar Game by Game Podcast

Shinto

• 4 weeks later...

My own copy of Rebooteroids will be arriving later this week, and I've been thinking I might do an episode on it in the near future, maybe even right after the current episode (Val d'Isère), just to mix things up a bit. If I do go that route, I'll of course announce here first and give plenty of time for feedback. I hope you enjoy your Jag, and thanks for listening!

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Finally caught back up. I had fallen behind around DOOM, but once again I have listened to all of them. After listening to the Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story episode I really wish I had a capture device. I have played the game all the way through and I could put a video up on Youtube showing a complete playthrough. I do not remember the fight with the two female acrobats being all that tough, but it has been a long time since I played it.

I forgot I held the high score on easy for Zool 2. If I would have been caught up I probably would have sent in some feedback for Zool 2 since I do enjoy it a bunch, but alas that did not happen.

You are still doing a great job Shinto, I am looking forward to the Val d'Isere Skiing and Snowboarding episode.

Episode 17 for Val d'Isère Skiing and Snowboarding is live, available via RSS, iTunes, and Stitcher.

The next episode of the podcast is actually going to cover the homebrew title Rebooteroids. You might say I'm trying to delay covering the next two games on my list, Brutal Sports Football and Double Dragon V, and you might be right. Mostly, though, I've got this shiny new transparent cartridge here that I've scarcely played, and that's just sad. So yeah, Rebooteroids next episode. I'd love to hear your feedback on this one, and I've penciled in a deadline of March 18th to guarantee inclusion in the show.

No need to send in a rating No-Swear Gamer Scale on this one, I won't be assigning a rating either. Dauber's reasons for excluding ratings from his Atari 7800 Homebrew podcast convinced me to do the same for homebrew games in my show.

Thank you for listening!

I picked up a copy of Rebootroids a couple of months ago. I love it. It did remind me of the feel of Tempest 2k and sounds and visuals are great. It's was an expensive cart at $80 but I think games like this really bring out the Jaguars strengths and had Atari done the same it would have been received better. Just hope more games like this show up in the future. Thanks for the podcast and all the work you do. I didn't own a Jaguar when it was first out but picked it up a couple of years ago but since your podcast I have invested and found I really enjoy it. I just love the roaring when it turns on and it has some nice features. Glad to have it in my collection and games like Rebootroids will keep me coming back.

• Like 2

I picked up a copy of Rebootroids a couple of months ago. I love it. It did remind me of the feel of Tempest 2k and sounds and visuals are great. It's was an expensive cart at $80 but I think games like this really bring out the Jaguars strengths and had Atari done the same it would have been received better. Just hope more games like this show up in the future. Thanks for the podcast and all the work you do. I didn't own a Jaguar when it was first out but picked it up a couple of years ago but since your podcast I have invested and found I really enjoy it. I just love the roaring when it turns on and it has some nice features. Glad to have it in my collection and games like Rebootroids will keep me coming back.

Hopefully Rebooteriods will sell well and we will get more homebrew games on cartridge down the road.

I also just got into the Jaguar for Rebooteriods.

There is also someone working on a Jaquar SD cart that will not only play ROMS bit CD images as well.

That hopefully will also stimulate more homebrew projects.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Shinto! I just wondered if there was a way of me downloading an episode to use offline whenever I like? I tried pressing the 'Dowload This Episode' button but it didn't seem to work, it just played it :)

Hi, Lianne! Your browser is being helpful and handling the link internally, instead of doing what you actually want. To save the file locally, right-click (or Ctrl-click or two-finger-tap or long-tap, depending on your device) on the "Download this Episode" link on the Libsyn page, and choose "Download link" (or "Save Link As" or "Save Link Target As", depending on your browser) to save the MP3 file to disk.

• Like 1

Hi, Lianne! Your browser is being helpful and handling the link internally, instead of doing what you actually want. To save the file locally, right-click (or Ctrl-click or two-finger-tap or long-tap, depending on your device) on the "Download this Episode" link on the Libsyn page, and choose "Download link" (or "Save Link As" or "Save Link Target As", depending on your browser) to save the MP3 file to disk.

Ah thank you very much :) Will now be tiling to the dulcet sounds of the Atar Jaguar Game Byu Game podcast hahaha

Shinto, as an update, still listening via Stitcher & enjoying it. To answer your question, Stitcher only plays audible ads between individual podcast. You can listen to an episode in its entirety with no audible interruptions. Woo-who!

The Zool & Val D episodes were great. Zool had some interesting history. While I want to like it and have revisited it multiple times, it just feels too twitchy for my taste & the sticky wall jump controls do not seem precise. In Sonic 1-3 I feel like I'm mastering my skills, not having to get better at compensating for sensitive controls. The DOS game Jazz the Jackrabbit and Zool remind me a lot of each other. Both colorful visual styles and decent takes on the Sonic type genre, but they just feel a little off to me personally, I do think it's a nice addition to the Jag library. There were some games from this era that just screamed Euro.

Keep up the great work!

• 2 months later...

Hi, everybody, long time no podcast. I won't get into excuses about the delay, but will instead announce that the latest episode, covering the recent Jaguar homebrew game Rebooteroids, is now available! Check it out at the direct link, view the show notes, or simply download using your favorite podcast player (any time now, iTunes). This was a fun episode to put together, and I'm glad I took the detour into homebrew territory.

In the next episode, we are back to the regular release chronology with Brutal Sports Football, a game I'm fairly certain I haven't so much as plugged into my Jaguar in the last 20 years. Will it be like visiting an old friend, or has it been left idle for good reason? I'm looking forward to finding out, and to hearing your feedback, if you have any you'd like to share. You may post or PM me here, or e-mail a text or audio submission to jaguar@gamebygamepodcast.com.

As always, thank you for listening.

• Like 2