IGNORED

The "Wizard double ender" again!

The Mr. Video

I was looking on ebay for a 7800 joypad and this popped up in the related section!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-7800-Halloween-Texas-Chainsaw-Massacre-double-ender-super-rare-/271942048947?hash=item3f51025cb3

He said in the description that it's a reissue, and that it's "Ultra rare L@@K". But seriously, why would anybody pay hundreds of dollers for a Xonox double ender?

Edited by The Mr. Video

I was looking on ebay for a 7800 joypad and this popped up in the related section!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-7800-Halloween-Texas-Chainsaw-Massacre-double-ender-super-rare-/271942048947?hash=item3f51025cb3

The seller wasn't even trying! He posted a picture of the back of it and it clearly said "Xonox"

Ugh! The things people do for money! :mad:

I have a double ender of Chuck norris and Artillary Duel:

http://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=999

I'm pretty sure the Halloween/TCM are just repros on old Xonox double ender carts that some guy made a few years back; correct? How many of these guys were made? Xonox double ender carts aren't exactly that common and I'd rather have an original than a repro with two games that are arguably worse.

EDIT: Yup.

http://atariage.com/company_page.php?SystemID=2600&CompanyID=42

Edited by stardust4ever

I have a double ender of Chuck norris and Artillary Duel:

http://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=999

I'm pretty sure the Halloween/TCM are just repros on old Xonox double ender carts that some guy made a few years back; correct?

Don't know. Still, I don't see a reason for buying a "repro" for hundreds of dollars. Though I probably should have done some research before hand.

Pretty sure this was purchased from me, most likely at CCAG last year. Most of these you see are most likely made by CPUWIZ. I traded him 7800 shells for theese. Based upon the donor shell cost, PCBs, Ink, and time to build I would say $40-$60 is about fair.

Edited by atari181

Yep, at this point even my repros are not rare anymore (well, the boxes are), I made quite a lot of them since 2002 (which is when I came up with the idea).

Ah, gotcha! For a second I thought the seller made the repro himself and tried to pass it off as ultra rare. He probably thought he was sitting on a gold mine.

Ah, gotcha! For a second I thought the seller made the repro himself and tried to pass it off as ultra rare. He probably thought he was sitting on a gold mine.

He knows it isn't ultra rare, I don't sell them as authentic wizard games. I explained that they are a novelty item.

Yep, at this point even my repros are not rare anymore (well, the boxes are), I made quite a lot of them since 2002 (which is when I came up with the idea).

Cool for the novelty of it, but I would question the ethics of converting an R5 or R6 Xonox into a repro of two R8 games. Of course everything is likely more scarce now than in 2002 when cheap crappy games were still cheap, regardless of rarity... :lol:

Edited by stardust4ever

I have tons of stripped XONOX carts around all the time, there tons of them and they were also released in PAL and all I care about is the shell anyway.

There are other double enders that I make, Gauntlet/Malagai and Gauntlet/Confrontation. ;)

I also once made a Asterix / Obelix double ender, but it was so much of a pain in the ass to modify the shell, that only one of them exists.

Modify the shell? I don't understand...

the shell is made to hold Xonox 2K(I believe) PCBs, any other PCBs would be different shape/size. Obelix and Asterix are very large PCBS and the inside of the shell must be cut or dremmeled to hold it in place.

I think I explained it correctly?

Edited by atari181
  • Like 1

Modify the shell? I don't understand...

Wizard PCB's do not have DIP chips (blob style) on them and even for Halloween / TXCSM, they need to modified quite a bit to get my circuit boards (DIP chips on both sides) to fit. And bankswitched PCB's take up even more space and need further mods.

• Like 1

Huh, I saw that and wondered about it.

A few years ago Charles Band found a cache of old VHS big boxes. He re-pressed tapes and sold them as completed packages.Now, there is quite a bit of controversy around whether they actually ARE real or are counterfeit, I won't comment on that.

However at the time Charles told me they also found a bunch of old unused Wizard video game boxes for Halloween and TCM (he was the Wizard distributor I guess). I always wondered if I'd see those pop up somewhere.

Huh, I saw that and wondered about it.

A few years ago Charles Band found a cache of old VHS big boxes. He re-pressed tapes and sold them as completed packages.Now, there is quite a bit of controversy around whether they actually ARE real or are counterfeit, I won't comment on that.

However at the time Charles told me they also found a bunch of old unused Wizard video game boxes for Halloween and TCM (he was the Wizard distributor I guess). I always wondered if I'd see those pop up somewhere.

That would be catastrophic to the value of a boxed, if not cib, Halloween or Texas Chainsaw.

That would be catastrophic to the value of a boxed, if not cib, Halloween or Texas Chainsaw.

Could be but it all depends on if they are legit or not. Many VHS collectors say the ones he did are totally fake, I don't know enough about big box VHS to know, and frankly I am not sure it can be proved one way or the other, period.

I like the guy but his reputation is certainly not what you would call sterling if you read around.

Could be but it all depends on if they are legit or not. Many VHS collectors say the ones he did are totally fake, I don't know enough about big box VHS to know, and frankly I am not sure it can be proved one way or the other, period.

I like the guy but his reputation is certainly not what you would call sterling if you read around.

False alarm, the 2600 boxes are also fakes from what I have gathered since reading in this thread.

Why $130+ for a fake Air Raid when Albert could hook you up for $20. That's dumb IMO...

At least mine comes with a T-Handle, even if it's just a fridge magnet... :D

post-33189-0-50137100-1351354690.jpg

Edited by stardust4ever