IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - No COOkies!

RSS Bot

So I worked on Virtual Dieter again. I thought "Man, that's a horrible title. Who wants to play a video game where you go on a diet?" So I changed it to the still awful, but less so, "No Cookies." In the game, you must avoid cookies. It's a lot like Fast Food except instead of eating the food, you avoid it. I managed to do a lot in just 2k. I made a song that you can enable/disable with the left difficulty switch. You can change it from color to b&w with the b&w/color switch. It has a title screen that changes colors randomly. That AND having a game is impressive in my book. Each time you touch a cookie, your stomach grows bigger and bigger until it reaches the other end of the screen and then the game ends because your stomach exploded. The game uses paddles to give you better control of your guy. I don't really like paddle games, but this one I did that way because I didn't want it to be like "Off the Wall." That game needs paddles. Can anyone hack it to use paddles? Anyway, I like this game even though I don't get a very good score on it. The cookies move ever faster once you get into the game, and then they move so fast, you can barely control your guy so he doesn't run into cookies. I haven't tested version 4 yet on real hardware. I guess I should. Right now I have just my 7800 out so I can play 7800 and 2600 games. I should really go in the garage and get a few 2600 games out to play. Almost the entire 2600 game collection is in the garage. I didn't want to have to move them out there. It's too hot out there. I wonder if the games still work after being exposed to hotness in a cardboard box. This autumn, I will go through the old collection and see how it fared. But not now because it's 99 degrees out there.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-12202-no-cookies/