IGNORED

Problem (?) with AppleWin...

HuckleCat

Not sure if anyone here can help, but I'll shoot...

I have an older pc joystick, a Wingman Extreme 3D Digital, and it works oddly in AppleWin. Now, the thing is like at least 15 years old, it actually comes with a PC Joyport-to-USB adaptor. Despite this, Windows 8.1, and now Windows 10, see the joystick right away, and know exactly what it is - and it works great.

With AppleWin it "sorta" works. By this I mean, it can "see" right, and down, but not left or up. The buttons work fine.

Normally I use a 360 pad with it, and that seems to be awesome, but with the game "Wings of Fury" I kinda need a stick that has an absolute corner so takeoffs and dive-bombs work correctly.

Is there something I can do, or should I post something to AppleWins github issues section?

I just want to play it on something that has savestates. I don't mind using my IIe for it, I just want to be able play it in doses without losing progress.

Well, I don't know.. See if there are any windows controller settings or calibrations or analog/digital types. In applewin experiment with the INPUT tab options. Take note of the tick marks when you are using the joystick.

If there really is a problem with Applewin, don't expect a quick fix. This is a rather slow moving project compared to other emulators. But at least it still moves.

Edited by Keatah