IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Alphabet Avenue

RSS Bot

I'm surprised the makers of Sesame Street would want to confuse kids like this. Is it Sesame Street or Alphabet Avenue? Why not just name the show Alphabet Avenue when it premiered in 1969? Perhaps Sesame Street turns into Alphabet Avenue, like how our streets in our town turn into other streets. Capitol St. turning into Fairgrounds Rd. is one of the many examples we have here. And we actually have a Sesame Street here in Salem. No Alphabet Avenue, though. Anyway, I just got this in the mail today. It's Sesame Street: Alphabet Avenue for the Sega Pico. And wouldn't you know it, someone bought the Sonic game for $25, so now the cheapest one on eBay is $50. I am not spending that much because it is not worth that much. Anyway, I just woke up a couple of hours ago so I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I woke up at noon and took the dog out. Then I watched TV and did other things before I had a chance to. I did test it out to make sure it works. It does, so I hope to have a YouTube video of it soon. And by "soon," I mean "whenever I get around to it." SS:AA was the last Pico game released in the US. It was released in 1997. I am still wondering why the Pico failed. It had a good, trustworthy company make it (Sega), it seems like a good idea (one of the first edutainment toys before Leapfrog existed), and the thing has buttons and a stylus. Perhaps it was too big. The thing is pretty bulky, but it needs to be since the book fits onto it and the pad the stylus uses isn't too bad considering the stylus is huge. Ah, back in the old days when I was a kid. Sesame Street was made by Children's Television Workshop, not Sesame Workshop, and Square One TV was on. The title screen looks great, in fact both games have great graphics.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-12204-alphabet-avenue/