IGNORED

The Official Intellivision LOOT BOX 2018 - coming soon sign up now

Rev

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kyljoy,

Just wanted to let you know that I received the grab bag & packed it back up. You are next on list (#11) - can you please PM me your mailing address & I will try to ship out to you tomorrow with tracking info.

Wanted to say a big thank you to Rev for putting this together as the diversion from real life was welcome! I also wanted to say thank you to whomever put the 2600 Halo carts in there as I was able to grab one (my 1st 2600 game) & there are still a couple left - thanks for your generosity! While the box is heavy, there are only approx. 60 loose carts some with manuals and overlays and approx. 6 CIB games. I only took a couple common loose intellivision inc. carts and was able to add World Championship Baseball cart in mint condition along with 5 or so other titles with manuals and overlays. It's provably the most rare title in there so don't expect to find any rares but there were other little goodies, etc... I bring this up more for international people on list because shipping may be prohibitive for some as the box while not huge probably weighs a good 30 pounds.

Thanks again to everyone for helping move this along - a really fun idea all around.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Joe

• Like 1

I bring this up more for international people on list because shipping may be prohibitive for some as the box while not huge probably weighs a good 30 pounds.

I'm last on the US list so I hope it doesn't grow any bigger or heavier. :-o I may have to start a GoFundMe for the shipping.

• Like 1

Hey Kyl Joy and everyone… I'm also in KS in the NE area. If you are close I could meet you for a physical hand off. This would save some postage and get the box of surprises moving faster…but on the other hand I would just 2 spots in line. If you are close and no-one objects when we can try to make this work out. Just a suggestion. I'll put some bonus stuff in as well.

Hey Kyl Joy and everyone… I'm also in KS in the NE area. If you are close I could meet you for a physical hand off. This would save some postage and get the box of surprises moving faster…but on the other hand I would just 2 spots in line. If you are close and no-one objects when we can try to make this work out. Just a suggestion. I'll put some bonus stuff in as well.

I'm next in line. I'm sorry, but I'm really looking forward to a Halo. As long as you promise to leave one in the box for me, I'm ok with you skipping ahead of me. But otherwise, I think we should leave the original order in place.

Thanks.

Edited by RickR

Hi all,

Grab bag shipped today to #11 on list via UPS - should arrive by Monday the latest. Thanks again to all involved in making this a fun successs! I over - estimated the weight - the package weighs 17 pounds as of now. It's a double thick outer box with 5 boxes inside + some loose stuff in zip lock bags.

Joe

The weight is why I volunteered to pick it up in person. Money, less time in transit, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

OK... The grab bag (or is it "Grab Box"?) is headed to number 12, RickR of the USA. It seems to be morphing into sort a cardboard/tape/label fusion. If the programming in all of the carts merges and becomes sentient and then also melds with the rest of the box-thing we may create a new lifeform! A Grabbaxian! This may be a more dangerous endeavor than we originally believed...

I priced out shipping the thing via USPS and FedEx and FedEx was the lower cost of the two AND it should be at RickR's place in three business days (Thursday-ish), not next week sometime.

For fun, and to promote and celebrate the release of Desert Bus, I placed some cacti and live scorpions into some of the internal boxes. After all, they are desert life-forms, right? Good luck Rick and have fun!

:)

If I remember right, it cost me about $35 to get it to the next person on the list. Yeah.

It's not just the carts, which also take up space. The paper goods in there weigh a fair amount.

The grab bag is kinda fun, but you'd be hard pressed to come out ahead with it. I tried to add in some unique stuff that would be appreciated by whomever finds it.

It always falls apart as it gets big...I'll pull out a lot of commons with screws and add as many without. LOL I will make sure a Homebrew gets added...as well. I have few Sealed In Box I can add. I have an AtariSoft to add and a few things you might not expect. I will make sure the goodies added are much more than what I take in value and hopefully lower bulk. So whoever is 17 and beyond might get something cool.

• Like 2

I plan to add a few things that only I can (you regulars here can probably guess what) along with some rarer white label carts people could likely use.

But I was planning to mine it for a lot of common manuals and overlays to make some games I have to give away to newbies complete in box again. My personal collection's remaining needs are all of the ultra rare variety but I wasn't expecting to find anything of that nature anyway. I'm sure I'll be happy with what I find though :)

Come spend a weekend at my house and fill your car up with manuals Hatman! Overlays I've been putting aside for all the Ultimate Intellivisions. I have to ship a bunch of stuff out this week...PM my your address.

• Like 1