IGNORED

The Official Intellivision LOOT BOX 2018 - coming soon sign up now

Rev

I've been only watching the Grab Bag mostly because I know the weight would cost me a lot shipped to Mexico and in return.

Probably I'm of the few that don't have some boxed commons, so I've send a message to Humblejack hoping to help reduce the bag size :) if everyone else approves, I'll be glad to get some Intellivision goodness :)

• Like 4

I've been only watching the Grab Bag mostly because I know the weight would cost me a lot shipped to Mexico and in return.

Probably I'm of the few that don't have some boxed commons, so I've send a message to Humblejack hoping to help reduce the bag size :) if everyone else approves, I'll be glad to get some Intellivision goodness :)

I approve! :)
  • Like 1

Un-needed screw-back carts to Rev, un-needed commons to the1hatman or whomever else needs via Media Mail maybe.

I'm good on CIB commons. I'm more looking for common parts to make games CIB. Having just had the Grab Bag, I was able to use the overlay and manual piles to do just that. It allowed me to be able to send about a dozen common games to tep all CIB to boost his collection. I'm down to just needing overlays for Tarmin and Maze-A-Tron now.

For common items I think it is best to contact the next person in line and see what they need, if any. That way some can be left out to make more room for uncommon surprises or just reduce shipping weight/size. This worked well for tep and I.

Edited by the1hatman
  • Like 1

Thanks mthompson I actually knew that but every now and then I’ll use Media Mail but I definitely don’t abuse it so it’s definitely the exception and not the rule. It sounds like everything is working itself out and the materials will be used by someone which is good. As a last resort all unclaimed items should be put in one lot on eBay with proceeds going to one or two items for Grab Bag 2018:)

I snuck a peek at the other thread. I think we should be able to come up with some fairly simple rules to keep this more sane next time.

1. Common carts that are basically destroyed - don't need to be shipped. I saw at least one that the label was all scratched out with pen. Unless that's a Spiker!, no one wants it. I guess it was a semi-uncommon cart, but still. There's at least one DK in there that looks like complete crap - no one wants that, I guarantee you. lol.

2. Everyone has their own definition of "common", but you hardcore collectors are a bit more severe. Kool-Aid Man, Super Pro Football, Interphase games: these aren't remotely rare or terribly valuable, sure, but I almost never see them in the wild. I'd never consider them common at all. However, I think we can all agree that re-shipping copies of Lock n Chase or LV P&BJ is a bit stupid. Perhaps we could come up with a list of 10-20 carts to never bother with, unless they're sealed/excellent condition/variants. Boxed copies would be held to a less strict standard, obviously, but I'm pretty sure at least half of those loose carts are ones that literally every collector has.

3. Maybe we could have a "quality" index of sorts. I know it will hurt some people to hear it, but a few years back I tossed several dozen VERY bad condition boxes. Like, the gatefold is half torn off, or someone's cat puked on it. I think we can safely not spend the money sending these around to 30 people.

And I think it might be a good idea to set up some kind of shipping fund, for the poor bastard who sends cross-border. Maybe everyone can toss a couple of bucks into an envelope that stays with the box, and when it leaves the US/Canada the money can be used to subsidize the extra cost. We've talked about grab bags per country/region, but that would seriously make the non-US grab bags kinda boring. Maybe my "rules" above get applied when it crosses the border - whomever is the last USian to have it, gets a bunch of free junk :D

• Like 1

It is officially in my possession safe and sound in the Great White North.....I will do my best to have it shipped off to the next participant by the 28th. :)

If what is said in the thread a little farther up I am sure most of the guys waiting for the bag would not mind waiting until the Canadian Postal rates drop. I don't know how much they are expected to go down or even when after the holiday season. Just a thought.

Or if someone is driving cross-border for PGRE they could take it with them...

I snuck a peek at the other thread. I think we should be able to come up with some fairly simple rules to keep this more sane next time.

1. Common carts that are basically destroyed - don't need to be shipped. I saw at least one that the label was all scratched out with pen. Unless that's a Spiker!, no one wants it. I guess it was a semi-uncommon cart, but still. There's at least one DK in there that looks like complete crap - no one wants that, I guarantee you. lol.

2. Everyone has their own definition of "common", but you hardcore collectors are a bit more severe. Kool-Aid Man, Super Pro Football, Interphase games: these aren't remotely rare or terribly valuable, sure, but I almost never see them in the wild. I'd never consider them common at all. However, I think we can all agree that re-shipping copies of Lock n Chase or LV P&BJ is a bit stupid. Perhaps we could come up with a list of 10-20 carts to never bother with, unless they're sealed/excellent condition/variants. Boxed copies would be held to a less strict standard, obviously, but I'm pretty sure at least half of those loose carts are ones that literally every collector has.

3. Maybe we could have a "quality" index of sorts. I know it will hurt some people to hear it, but a few years back I tossed several dozen VERY bad condition boxes. Like, the gatefold is half torn off, or someone's cat puked on it. I think we can safely not spend the money sending these around to 30 people.

And I think it might be a good idea to set up some kind of shipping fund, for the poor bastard who sends cross-border. Maybe everyone can toss a couple of bucks into an envelope that stays with the box, and when it leaves the US/Canada the money can be used to subsidize the extra cost. We've talked about grab bags per country/region, but that would seriously make the non-US grab bags kinda boring. Maybe my "rules" above get applied when it crosses the border - whomever is the last USian to have it, gets a bunch of free junk :D