• 2 posts

Posted Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:22 AM

Please add me, Charlie, Denver USA.

#428 crade OFFLINE  

crade

Chopper Commander

• 109 posts

Posted Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:25 PM

Please Add me as well I'm in Alberta Canada!

#429 freewheel OFFLINE  

freewheel

River Patroller

• 3,047 posts

Posted Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 PM

We're adding people faster than the thing actually moves. Mayhap we should title the thread "2021" just to keep it realistic :P

#430 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Dragonstomper

• 728 posts

Posted Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:43 PM

I waited as long as I could but didn't hear back from tandyvision so it's on to tep392.

Happy trails Grab Bag!

#431 tep392 OFFLINE  

tep392

River Patroller

• 2,914 posts

Posted Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:05 PM

Looking forward to getting this. :)  And I promise to turn it around in less than a week.

#432 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Dragonstomper

• 728 posts

Posted Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:47 PM

Looking forward to getting this. :)  And I promise to turn it around in less than a week.

You're going to find this depends on the next person more than it does on you, lol. I had it ready to ship after 1 weekend.

#433 tep392 OFFLINE  

tep392

River Patroller

• 2,914 posts

Posted Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:11 PM

You're going to find this depends on the next person more than it does on you, lol. I had it ready to ship after 1 weekend.

I just got the address so my goal will be 24hr turn around.

#434 mr_intv OFFLINE  

mr_intv

Stargunner

• 1,452 posts

Posted Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:28 PM

Perfect.....Im getting closer! :)

#435 Albert ONLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 34,276 posts

Posted Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:00 PM

Holy cow, is this still a thing?  :D 

..Al

#436 tep392 OFFLINE  

tep392

River Patroller

• 2,914 posts

Posted Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:29 PM

That was quick!  The grab bag has arrived and I'll get it shipped to humblejack tomorrow. :)

#437 GenetixJ OFFLINE  

GenetixJ

Moonsweeper

• 392 posts
  • 8-bit pharmacy

Posted Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:19 PM

And then off to our Canadian fellows?

#438 Humblejack OFFLINE  

Humblejack

Moonsweeper

• 380 posts

Posted Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:27 PM

I have the name and address of the next of kin (I mean) recipient.  I thought it was dead long ago but very happy it has been revived.

#439 crade OFFLINE  

crade

Chopper Commander

• 109 posts

Posted Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:53 PM

Is the list fixed now or has rev just been away for a bit?  What happens when it reaches the end?  Send back to Rev? hehe

#440 tep392 OFFLINE  

tep392

River Patroller

• 2,914 posts

Posted Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:10 PM

I'm done with it. Going to humbljack tomorrow.

#441 freewheel OFFLINE  

freewheel

River Patroller

• 3,047 posts

Posted Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:18 PM

Canadians (or anyone else after me) - anyone collecting Colecovision boxes? I'm trying to clean up a bit of space, and they'd add basically nothing to the shipping weight, so...

I can't remember the last one. Were the rules "Inty only, mostly"?

#442 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Dragonstomper

• 728 posts

Posted Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:41 PM

There are some non-Intellivision items in the box and I know there were some Atari items in there when it first went out so I'm sure Colecovision stuff fits the general mold.

#443 Humblejack OFFLINE  

Humblejack

Moonsweeper

• 380 posts

Posted Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:47 AM

Hi all,

I got the box today.  I took a few things and added a bunch of stuff. You guys in Canada (well at least Mr_Intv will) will be in for a treat....maybe.

I just looked up the shipping cost.  To me the cost was $36.67.

Currently the box is 18" X 12" X 12" and weights 17 lbs - 3 oz.

According to USPS.com it will cost $81.45. That is the cheapest on the website.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but.... until I got the box the contents were maybe barely that much.

What is a guy to do.  Bite the bullet and have the wife mad for several weeks and try to live down the wrath of the wife or pare it down and live with the shame from the AA members who expect great things (and deserve them).

I make another post  that explains some of the contents (common items mostly) and am asking for PM's on ideas about the issue.

Please DO NOT follow this link if you don't want to know some of the content of the box.  Not all is listed but some items.

http://atariage.com/...ipping-dilemma/

Again, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

HJ

P.S. - I just thought of 1 thing.  Perhaps I could remove all common items, take pics and post them.  The next peron on the list could PM me and have them for just the postage and when he sends the box on the next person on the list could also pick from the updated list.

Just a suggestion.  One of many I hope.  If anyone want me to, I could remove the common items, repackage and get a new shipping cost.

Edited by Humblejack, Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:57 AM.

#444 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 4,258 posts

Posted Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 AM

All I know is that in Canada shipping costs are double or more compared to the States, I posted what my view on what Humblejack question on his link..

Cheers

#445 Humblejack OFFLINE  

Humblejack

Moonsweeper

• 380 posts

Posted Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:59 AM

I posted some pics of the "Common" items on the link.

http://atariage.com/...ipping-dilemma/

#446 BBWW OFFLINE  

BBWW

River Patroller

• 2,967 posts
  • If it is not fun move away slowly.

Posted Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:05 PM

At one point, at least when I shipped it out was an envelope to help pay for shipping to Canada! I added a few bucks to it?

#447 Humblejack OFFLINE  

Humblejack

Moonsweeper

• 380 posts

Posted Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:20 PM

At one point, at least when I shipped it out was an envelope to help pay for shipping to Canada! I added a few bucks to it?

I know and thanked you guys for it. Please go to the link above in #443 and in #13 I explained it all. Thanks again for your help.

HJ

#448 GenetixJ OFFLINE  

GenetixJ

Moonsweeper

• 392 posts
  • 8-bit pharmacy

Posted Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:00 AM

When I heard how much it was to ship to me, and how much it was to ship after I removed more than a few pounds... I knew this thing was going to be expensive to go across the border especially in December. Oh, here's a thought: Doesn't Canada Post change shipping costs around December? Would it be cheaper to ship in January?

#449 Humblejack OFFLINE  

Humblejack

Moonsweeper

• 380 posts

Posted Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:24 AM

When I heard how much it was to ship to me, and how much it was to ship after I removed more than a few pounds... I knew this thing was going to be expensive to go across the border especially in December. Oh, here's a thought: Doesn't Canada Post change shipping costs around December? Would it be cheaper to ship in January?

I don't know the answer but perhaps one of y'all up North can answer.

Also a question for you guys up North. Someone from down South has requested quite a few of the common items. 

As I stated in one of my comments, I think it should go in order of the next on list to request any common item, but if you don't plan on getting any of the common items in the pics and have no objection to someone not on the Grab Bag list (as least I can't find him but have asked Rev for a new list) to have any of them.

#450 mr_intv OFFLINE  

mr_intv

Stargunner

• 1,452 posts

Posted Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:52 AM

As the first Canadian and next on the list I most definitely DO NOT need or want anything that is common. And Canada Post does infact raise their prices this time of year. This whole concept is a fun and neat idea but its not reall fun when the associated shipping costs get out of hand. Maybe its better to have a separate Canadian, USA and European version going forward.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users