Photo

The Official Intellivision LOOT BOX 2018 - coming soon sign up now

572 replies to this topic

#551 m-crew ONLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 4,854 posts

Posted Mon Feb 5, 2018 3:34 AM

I have not been to Eastern Canada for years, clearly they are badly photoshopped pics you have created. You are a sad, sad man.

lol, and I have never been to western Canada... unless you consider Wawa western Canada. ;) ... lol

#552 First Spear OFFLINE  

First Spear

Stargunner

• 1,305 posts

Posted Mon Feb 5, 2018 8:08 AM

Mark me "in" for the Loot Box. Appreciate the organizers, organizing!

http://atariage.com/...w/#entry3292714

The official Intellivision LOOT BOX 2018 is coming soon.

• you!
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?

#553 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Dragonstomper

• 505 posts

Posted Mon Feb 5, 2018 2:19 PM

Please add me to the 2018 Grab Bag list. This sounds like so much fun!

#554 4ever2600 OFFLINE  

4ever2600

Dragonstomper

• 758 posts

Posted Tue Feb 6, 2018 2:52 PM

Please add me to the list. Thank you!

#555 Humblejack OFFLINE  

Humblejack

Dragonstomper

• 526 posts

Posted Tue Feb 6, 2018 4:57 PM

Just a thought that may not work.  After everyone has signed up, is it possible to get the locations from each person and make the ship to list based on closest to the package.  I know shipping things back East is a lot more expensive that shipping to the West coast for me.  If there is someone in the same state it does not make sense to sent the box to 3 different states then back to were it started. Again, just a thought.

#556 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• Topic Starter
  • 16,176 posts

Posted Tue Feb 6, 2018 5:37 PM

Just a thought that may not work.  After everyone has signed up, is it possible to get the locations from each person and make the ship to list based on closest to the package.  I know shipping things back East is a lot more expensive that shipping to the West coast for me.  If there is someone in the same state it does not make sense to sent the box to 3 different states then back to were it started. Again, just a thought.

I concur

#557 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Dragonstomper

• 505 posts

Posted Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:13 AM

Good idea.

#558 the1hatman OFFLINE  

the1hatman

Stargunner

• 1,064 posts

Posted Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:05 PM

I agree everyone on the list needs to declare which state/province they are located in. It would likely help if we chose a nearby state and province as the jumping point between Canada and the US as well. British Columbia to Washington makes a lot more sense than Colorado to Quebec.

#559 JoeM_Intellivision OFFLINE  

JoeM_Intellivision

Stargunner

• 1,214 posts

Posted Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:39 PM

New Jersey, USA

#560 SpotAnime OFFLINE  

SpotAnime

Chopper Commander

• 108 posts

Posted Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:24 AM

I'd love to take part in this year's. Put me down if you've got a spot open.

For some reason I'm unable to edit my original post (damn, Tapatalk, probably) - I'm in PA, USA

#561 Humblejack OFFLINE  

Humblejack

Dragonstomper

• 526 posts

Posted Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:57 AM

I may need to rethink this, I wanted to be right after Cmart.

Utah, USA

Edited by Humblejack, Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:57 AM.

#562 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Intellivision Hoarder

• 12,091 posts
  • Running out of things to buy.

Posted Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:46 AM

I may need to rethink this, I wanted to be right after Cmart.

Utah, USA

Lol! I have so many Poker carts I want to get rid of. 😂

#563 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Dragonstomper

• 505 posts

Posted Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:38 PM

New Hampshire, USA.

The land of cows and drunk farmers. :D

#564 Humblejack OFFLINE  

Humblejack

Dragonstomper

• 526 posts

Posted Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:37 PM

Lol! I have so many Poker carts I want to get rid of.

Hear that Rev, free Poker carts from Cmart.

#565 RickR OFFLINE  

RickR

Stargunner

• 1,279 posts

Posted Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:57 PM

Please add me to the 2018 box.  Thanks.

#566 CharonPDX OFFLINE  

CharonPDX

Chopper Commander

• 102 posts

Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:07 AM

Long time lurker, finally got around to joining the forum. I can't seem to find anywhere that explains what this actually is? Is it a "round robin trade" type thing? You send something to someone, someone else sends you something?  I've been an Intellivision user/enthusiast for a long time, but just started the "collecting" side of it (just got my childhood Inty back from my sister who had it for the last ~25 years.) 

#567 Humblejack OFFLINE  

Humblejack

Dragonstomper

• 526 posts

Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:34 AM

Long time lurker, finally got around to joining the forum. I can't seem to find anywhere that explains what this actually is? Is it a "round robin trade" type thing? You send something to someone, someone else sends you something?  I've been an Intellivision user/enthusiast for a long time, but just started the "collecting" side of it (just got my childhood Inty back from my sister who had it for the last ~25 years.) 

Welcome to AA and back to Intellivision.  This is more like a grab bag, we are all join and have our name put on a list. The "loot" is in a box (Treasure Chest) that moves from location to location.  Take what you want from the contents and add what you want before you send it to the next person.  Last time we ended up with a lot of common items that needed purged before it got sent across the Northern border. To a few new collectors the common items are needed but shipping cost could not justify the contents moving forward. As it worked out I think all but a couple of list members got some useful items and a collector in Mexico got a great deal on a lot of the common items even though the box did not make it to him.  All in all a very fun time, I enjoyed it.

Edited by Humblejack, Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:36 AM.

#568 CharonPDX OFFLINE  

CharonPDX

Chopper Commander

• 102 posts

Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:19 PM

Ah, that makes sense.  I think I'll stay off for now, then, as I'm not sure I'd have anything to add to it.  (Although I do see a lot of Oregon/Portland people on here, maybe we just ship to one of us, and let all Portland-area folks look through at once? Then I wouldn't feel bad about "holding it up" if I couldn't contribute properly, but could still see what it's about.)

#569 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• Topic Starter
  • 16,176 posts

Posted Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:31 PM

The loot box, will be different than the Grab Bag, yet similar in how it is sent from person to person. Not mandatory or even necessary to add items.

#570 Humblejack OFFLINE  

Humblejack

Dragonstomper

• 526 posts

Posted Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:47 PM

Ah, that makes sense.  I think I'll stay off for now, then, as I'm not sure I'd have anything to add to it.  (Although I do see a lot of Oregon/Portland people on here, maybe we just ship to one of us, and let all Portland-area folks look through at once? Then I wouldn't feel bad about "holding it up" if I couldn't contribute properly, but could still see what it's about.)

I hope you read Rev's response.  I kind of mislead you (not on purpose).  It seems there will be a change this year.  I forgot to put in my blerb that you don't have to contribute.  Listen to the man (Rev) he knows all and is very wise.

#571 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• Topic Starter
  • 16,176 posts

Posted Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:11 PM

I hope you read Rev's response.  I kind of mislead you (not on purpose).  It seems there will be a change this year.  I forgot to put in my blerb that you don't have to contribute.  Listen to the man (Rev) he knows all and is very wise.

Far from all knowing and wise!

#572 KylJoy OFFLINE  

KylJoy

Stargunner

• 1,031 posts
  • Intellibeardist

Posted Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:55 PM

I'd be in. I'm in the Kansas City area.

#573 CharonPDX OFFLINE  

CharonPDX

Chopper Commander

• 102 posts

Posted Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:54 AM

Sounds intriguing, then! And I just scored an eBay auction that includes 90 cartridges. While the vast majority are "common titles," who knows, maybe there's a Canadian on the list who really wants the dual English/French labeled boxed copies of Space Armada, Space Battle, and Star Strike?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users