IGNORED

The Official Intellivision LOOT BOX 2018 - coming soon sign up now

Rev

Mark me "in" for the Loot Box. Appreciate the organizers, organizing!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/241273-the-official-intellivision-loot-box-2018-coming-soon-sign-up-now/?do=findComment&comment=3292714

The official Intellivision LOOT BOX 2018 is coming soon.

• you!
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?
  • ?

• Like 1

Just a thought that may not work. After everyone has signed up, is it possible to get the locations from each person and make the ship to list based on closest to the package. I know shipping things back East is a lot more expensive that shipping to the West coast for me. If there is someone in the same state it does not make sense to sent the box to 3 different states then back to were it started. Again, just a thought.

• Like 3

Just a thought that may not work. After everyone has signed up, is it possible to get the locations from each person and make the ship to list based on closest to the package. I know shipping things back East is a lot more expensive that shipping to the West coast for me. If there is someone in the same state it does not make sense to sent the box to 3 different states then back to were it started. Again, just a thought.

I concur

Good idea.

I agree everyone on the list needs to declare which state/province they are located in. It would likely help if we chose a nearby state and province as the jumping point between Canada and the US as well. British Columbia to Washington makes a lot more sense than Colorado to Quebec.

I may need to rethink this, I wanted to be right after Cmart.

Utah, USA

Edited by Humblejack

Long time lurker, finally got around to joining the forum. I can't seem to find anywhere that explains what this actually is? Is it a "round robin trade" type thing? You send something to someone, someone else sends you something? I've been an Intellivision user/enthusiast for a long time, but just started the "collecting" side of it (just got my childhood Inty back from my sister who had it for the last ~25 years.)

• Like 1

Long time lurker, finally got around to joining the forum. I can't seem to find anywhere that explains what this actually is? Is it a "round robin trade" type thing? You send something to someone, someone else sends you something? I've been an Intellivision user/enthusiast for a long time, but just started the "collecting" side of it (just got my childhood Inty back from my sister who had it for the last ~25 years.)

Welcome to AA and back to Intellivision. This is more like a grab bag, we are all join and have our name put on a list. The "loot" is in a box (Treasure Chest) that moves from location to location. Take what you want from the contents and add what you want before you send it to the next person. Last time we ended up with a lot of common items that needed purged before it got sent across the Northern border. To a few new collectors the common items are needed but shipping cost could not justify the contents moving forward. As it worked out I think all but a couple of list members got some useful items and a collector in Mexico got a great deal on a lot of the common items even though the box did not make it to him. All in all a very fun time, I enjoyed it.

Edited by Humblejack
  • Like 3

Ah, that makes sense. I think I'll stay off for now, then, as I'm not sure I'd have anything to add to it. (Although I do see a lot of Oregon/Portland people on here, maybe we just ship to one of us, and let all Portland-area folks look through at once? Then I wouldn't feel bad about "holding it up" if I couldn't contribute properly, but could still see what it's about.)

Ah, that makes sense. I think I'll stay off for now, then, as I'm not sure I'd have anything to add to it. (Although I do see a lot of Oregon/Portland people on here, maybe we just ship to one of us, and let all Portland-area folks look through at once? Then I wouldn't feel bad about "holding it up" if I couldn't contribute properly, but could still see what it's about.)

I hope you read Rev's response. I kind of mislead you (not on purpose). It seems there will be a change this year. I forgot to put in my blerb that you don't have to contribute. Listen to the man (Rev) he knows all and is very wise.

I hope you read Rev's response. I kind of mislead you (not on purpose). It seems there will be a change this year. I forgot to put in my blerb that you don't have to contribute. Listen to the man (Rev) he knows all and is very wise.

Far from all knowing and wise!

Sounds intriguing, then! And I just scored an eBay auction that includes 90 cartridges. While the vast majority are "common titles," who knows, maybe there's a Canadian on the list who really wants the dual English/French labeled boxed copies of Space Armada, Space Battle, and Star Strike?