Photo

Soulbuster's Non-Variant List of Homebrew Games Released

637 replies to this topic

#26 Ignorama OFFLINE  

Ignorama

River Patroller

• 2,749 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 11:10 AM

Are the PCBs of Mouse Trap ne, or recycled old copys? I would also that it cant count as a "homebrew" game, because its just a new box and a new label on a old game. If we call this a "new" game, than we may also call the Repro-Box sets new Box variants? :D

#27 SoulBuster OFFLINE  

SoulBuster

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,386 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 11:15 AM

Are the PCBs of Mouse Trap ne, or recycled old copys? I would also that it cant count as a "homebrew" game, because its just a new box and a new label on a old game. If we call this a "new" game, than we may also call the Repro-Box sets new Box variants? :D

You make a very good point.

#28 thegoldenband OFFLINE  

thegoldenband

Quadrunner

• 5,521 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 11:15 AM

Yeah, I think we always have to remember that these are games first, collectible objects second. If we lose sight of that, we may as well start collecting glass figurines, wearing face powder and hand cream, and playing bingo. :D

Of course Mouse Trap has a place on a master list, and it's an unusual piece that's currently alone in its category. But it's a packaging variant, made specifically for collectors, not a game in its own right.

#29 SoulBuster OFFLINE  

SoulBuster

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,386 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 11:21 AM

Ok, so to have a complete GAME list in your collection [125 and Post 125], you only need one version of Mouse Trap?  Does the Post 125 version of Mouse Trap count towards your 125?  Since it is just a package variant?

#30 Ignorama OFFLINE  

Ignorama

River Patroller

• 2,749 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 11:28 AM

Ok, so to have a complete GAME list in your collection [125 and Post 125], you only need one version of Mouse Trap?  Does the Post 125 version of Mouse Trap count towards your 125?  Since it is just a package variant?

Since Rev makes the rules for the Platinum level ask him. If you want it to know for yourself, you should decide it for yourself ;) For me I would have a 125 CiB collection even if I only would have the baggy Spiker, because it was sold as a baggy version. Of course I would need the bag too.

#31 Eric7100 OFFLINE  

Eric7100

River Patroller

• 3,266 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 11:31 AM

You forgot Brick-Out in your list.

#32 SoulBuster OFFLINE  

SoulBuster

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,386 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 11:34 AM

Since Rev makes the rules for the Platinum level ask him. If you want it to know for yourself, you should decide it for yourself ;) For me I would have a 125 CiB collection even if I only would have the baggy Spiker, because it was sold as a baggy version. Of course I would need the bag too.

I agree with that. I count my bagged 4-Tris as complete as that is how it was distributed.  It is a very unique version that is tied to CGE 2005 very much like the Philly Classic version has a non-standard box.  I am sure it is considered complete.

#33 thegoldenband OFFLINE  

thegoldenband

Quadrunner

• 5,521 posts

If someone didn't have the original Mouse Trap release, but had the recent fan-made version? Absolutely, that'd count toward the 125 IMHO.

#34 SoulBuster OFFLINE  

SoulBuster

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,386 posts

You forgot Brick-Out in your list.

Has that been release yet?

Edited by SoulBuster, Fri Aug 7, 2015 11:34 AM.

#35 Eric7100 OFFLINE  

Eric7100

River Patroller

• 3,266 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 11:36 AM

Has that been release yet?

It sure has!

#36 SoulBuster OFFLINE  

SoulBuster

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,386 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 11:37 AM

Ok. Just released and Purchased and list updated.

#37 5-11under OFFLINE  

5-11under

River Patroller

• 3,391 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 11:46 AM

It sure has!

It was released about a week from now. ;)

• Rev likes this

#38 Eric7100 OFFLINE  

Eric7100

River Patroller

• 3,266 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 11:47 AM

It was released about a week from now. ;)

It's already for sale, so it is released, even though we might not receive it for a week or so.

#39 SoulBuster OFFLINE  

SoulBuster

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,386 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 11:56 AM

I agree. Allowing 2-4 weeks for processing after purchase still means it is released.

#40 Ignorama OFFLINE  

Ignorama

River Patroller

• 2,749 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 11:57 AM

Oh dudes, you really make things complicated :D

But to play this game too: What if Rev scams us all and never ships anything? Is the game still released? :P In fact its ready to order.

Edited by Ignorama, Fri Aug 7, 2015 11:58 AM.

#41 SoulBuster OFFLINE  

SoulBuster

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,386 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 12:05 PM

It is a simple matter to remove it from the list.  But I am sure there are already copies on someone's shelf already.

#42 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• 16,265 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 12:36 PM

For the original 125 then....we must take out some of the reissued sports games.....baseball comes to mind.  Not 125 then!   Let me go back to that thread and drudge it up. 

#43 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• 16,265 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 12:37 PM

Oh dudes, you really make things complicated :D

But to play this game too: What if Rev scams us all and never ships anything? Is the game still released? :P In fact its ready to order.

Only if I get into a car wreck and die. 

#44 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• 16,265 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 12:42 PM

There is a mistake on the 125 list, somehow world championship baseball made it on to the list. We dont need these cheap variants on our beloved 125 Master list!

From here on forward it shall be:

The 124 Club!

#45 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 34,984 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 12:48 PM

Where is the list of 125 titles? I dug out my loose Intellivision carts yesterday and I'm curious where I stand.

..Al

#46 thegoldenband OFFLINE  

thegoldenband

Quadrunner

• 5,521 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 12:50 PM

World Championship Baseball stays in! That's no variant, it's a space st...I mean, it's an updated and expanded version of an earlier game, just like most of the INTV Super Pro titles.

Why are people so determined to include Mouse Trap in a list of "homebrews"? Were there any changes made to the game code? If new modes or something were added, then it should absolutely be in, but otherwise I can't see how it's anything other than a variant.

That doesn't demean the project in any way, it's just a statement based on the idea that the game, not the packaging, is paramount in establishing a "core set".

BTW the most borderline cases in the original 125 are really Learning Fun I & II and Triple Challenge, IMHO.

#47 intellivotion OFFLINE  

intellivotion

Intellivoted

• 2,779 posts
  • Time Zone Traveller

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 12:52 PM

Where is the list of 125 titles? I dug out my loose Intellivision carts yesterday and I'm curious where I stand.

..Al

it's here: http://atariage.com/...list/?p=2787637

#48 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 34,984 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 12:55 PM

it's here: http://atariage.com/...list/?p=2787637

Derp, of course that is pinned to the top of this forum. Thanks.

..Al

#49 intellivotion OFFLINE  

intellivotion

Intellivoted

• 2,779 posts
  • Time Zone Traveller

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 1:04 PM

World Championship Baseball stays in! That's no variant, it's a space st...I mean, it's an updated and expanded version of an earlier game, just like most of the INTV Super Pro titles.

Why are people so determined to include Mouse Trap in a list of "homebrews"? Were there any changes made to the game code? If new modes or something were added, then it should absolutely be in, but otherwise I can't see how it's anything other than a variant.

That doesn't demean the project in any way, it's just a statement based on the idea that the game, not the packaging, is paramount in establishing a "core set".

BTW the most borderline cases in the original 125 are really Learning Fun I & II and Triple Challenge, IMHO.

The ROMs of Learning Fun I & II are not identical to the ones of Math Fun and Word Fun. They are like their "Super Pro" versions (not so much super, though...).

I totally agree with you on Triple Challenge, but I can't imagine it outside the 125

#50 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• 16,265 posts

Posted Fri Aug 7, 2015 1:06 PM

https://youtu.be/TYU4U6X6DqU

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users