Photo

IntyBASIC compiler v1.2.8: The good things are now better!

Intellivision IntyBASIC

252 replies to this topic

#251 dragonHunter OFFLINE  

dragonHunter

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:57 AM

Check your generated .cfg file, and check it doesn't exceed the areas indicated in the 42k example.

Most crashes are related to it.

Well, I hate to admit it, but the crashes were cause by me forgetting to put "PROCEDURE" after the label of a subroutine. INTYBasic didn't complain ... not sure if I should or not.... :) jk

Anyway, thanks for the reply. Good to know about the .cfg file. And thanks for an easy way to get assembler quality stuff onto a classic system!

#252 nanochess ONLINE  

nanochess

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,846 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:08 PM

Well, I hate to admit it, but the crashes were cause by me forgetting to put "PROCEDURE" after the label of a subroutine. INTYBasic didn't complain ... not sure if I should or not.... :) jk

Anyway, thanks for the reply. Good to know about the .cfg file. And thanks for an easy way to get assembler quality stuff onto a classic system!

I'm glad you could solve your problem. :) And yes, IntyBASIC generates code reasonably good :) still not satisfied with arrays, but for other operations is almost as efficient as assembler.

#253 Kiwi OFFLINE  

Kiwi

Stargunner

• 1,391 posts

Posted Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:48 PM

Don't feel bad.  I misspelled procedure, and spent 10 minutes figuring out why my game not compiling correctly.  You can open up .lst.  Go directly to the bottom of the list and see if errors are found.  And you can jump to the error by using the find feature of the notepad and it'll take you to the line of your code that error were found.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Intellivision, IntyBASIC

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users