IGNORED

Season 4 - The New HSC - Week 30 = Frankenstein's Monster

S.BAZ

missed my chance for a pic

final standings for Cartoon Weeks are now updated, overall standings should be up tomorrow. been so busy this week, today was my first go at Frankenstein!

I'm glad to see no one has chosen:

Bela Lugosi -- Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman (1943):

Bela+Lugosi.pngbela.jpg

final standings for Cartoon Weeks are now updated, overall standings should be up tomorrow. been so busy this week, today was my first go at Frankenstein!

Make sure to check my corrections under the Week 28-29 posts. I think a handful of players were shorted a couple of points.

post-34560-0-23901400-1439669931_thumb.jpg

my first time finishing it.

funny, seeing as I was really trying to do that about 6 months ago during a 2600 highscore contest. maybe i just needed a break from it

standings are updated, with corrections.

Frankenstein's Monster was chosen by JacobZu7zu7! (he's been under the weather lately so I'm posting his rounds for now) my mod.pick will be up shortly...

hope to see you soon, Jake!

• Like 1

Overall Standings Through Weeks 28/29 (Cartoon Weeks)

Top 24 make the Bracket Challenge at the end of the season!

The bracket winners get to choose a game for next season :thumbsup:

1. Northcoastgamer 753

2. voodoo_chilly 673

3. S.BAZ 636

4. StanJr 589

5. Gorfy 499

6. KaeruYojimbo 489

7. darthkur 457

8. oyamafamily 427

9. MoomUnit 409

10. karokoenig 388 (previous total 369 + this week 21 = 390)

11. JacobZu7zu7 354

12. keilbaca 345

• Like 1

First of all, let's get this pic in:

post-40055-0-69615200-1439713517_thumb.jpg

Peter Crombie, in NBC's rather ill-advised "House of Frankenstein," of 1997. A "mini series" comprising a scant two parts -- it couldn't have sustained a third.

post-40055-0-05760900-1439713578_thumb.png

In all its glory, my score. I must say, I haven't wanted to break my joystick so much since "Strategy x" last year. Something about having points away is just upsetting -- especially those damned bats. Nothing quite like racking up 1,000+ points just to lose them all on a bunch of rats with wings, many of which are unavoidable.

Getting on the board. I must say I find the bat level way too frustrating with keyboard controls. No idea if it's any better with a joystick...

Frankenstein's Monster: 930.

It is not better with a joystick. It simply isn't. And I love horror-themed games. Perhaps I could enjoy this title if I wasn't shooting for a high score. Even then, too many of my games ended in scores of 0 for me to appreciate this. If I had more than three hours of high score club time, things might be different. Sadly, things are not different. they are instead the same.

• Like 2

Last minute improvement by sheer luck with the bats. The rest of the game surely has a lot of potential. At least I reached my minimum goal of getting over 1k.

Frankenstein's Monster (B/B): 1,290.

@ Spacey: Well, I guess technically you don't have those points yet. You just get 500 "virtual" points and receive what's left of them after you managed to get through the bats each round.

post-34656-0-80462500-1439717957_thumb.png

Edited by karokoenig