IGNORED

Alternative to costly 7800 controllers

save2600

• 3 months later...

Well I slept too long on this originally but saw a new ebay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arcade-Command-Table-32X-Controller-Joy-Stick-Sega-Genesis-Control-Pad-Docs-CDX-/181930397710?hash=item2a5be5900e:g:J8QAAMXQeKNTMzOk

And pulled the trigger. Have to say, I like the stick a lot (clickclickclickclick)...but I am not a huge fan of the buttons. They respond great (and yes, that is what matters) but they don't feel right to me...there's almost not enough resistance IMO. I haven't opened it up yet but I am sure I will, and if those buttons have a dome contact or spring I can replace with something stiffer, I intend to.

Well I slept too long on this originally but saw a new ebay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arcade-Command-Table-32X-Controller-Joy-Stick-Sega-Genesis-Control-Pad-Docs-CDX-/181930397710?hash=item2a5be5900e:g:J8QAAMXQeKNTMzOk

And pulled the trigger. Have to say, I like the stick a lot (clickclickclickclick)...but I am not a huge fan of the buttons. They respond great (and yes, that is what matters) but they don't feel right to me...there's almost not enough resistance IMO. I haven't opened it up yet but I am sure I will, and if those buttons have a dome contact or spring I can replace with something stiffer, I intend to.

If it uses lever type microswitches, maybe you could put some foam or something compressible between the lever and the switch body. Not sure what would provide enough resistance yet still collapse far enough.

OK I have to take some of my button criticism back...I played an hour of Joust last night with this thing. I got used to the (lack of) resistance very quickly once I was playing a game I knew REALLY well because the thing WORKS so well. The button are super responsive (as is the micro switch stick) and make for great flapping action, probably BECAUSE the button push is so light.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...