IGNORED

High Score Competition (April: Starfort)

arcadeshopper

BTW, does anyone know Cubit? It's a Q*Bert clone which I personally find even better than the original.

Yes I know it, have not seen it for a long time and Jumpy I like also a lot. There is a Q*Bert Rebooted on Android also very fun with nice sounds by Q*Bert classic and keep practicing when outside.59cd2c077052ab4bc4d49f367e876b70.jpg

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

Trying to get into this competition under the wire... How do I load Q*Bert into Classic99?

I pulled the ROM from here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/253095-flashrom-99-finalgrom-99-image-repository-10252017/page-5?do=findComment&comment=3534019

Then I renamed it QBERTC.BIN and it shows up in the menu, but screen is blank.

Thanks....

Trying to get into this competition under the wire... How do I load Q*Bert into Classic99?

I pulled the ROM from here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/253095-flashrom-99-finalgrom-99-image-repository-10252017/page-5?do=findComment&comment=3534019

Then I renamed it QBERTC.BIN and it shows up in the menu, but screen is blank.

Thanks....

You need 2 files the G file as well.

I think I shall play a little hooky from working this week and hone my skills while I am not being creative and feeling uninspired and lazy. Too bad I cannot submit my scores from the Atari 2600 version -- I soooooo tore that game up... the TI, not so much but it is still one of my favorite games.

• Like 1

I think I shall play a little hooky from working this week and hone my skills while I am not being creative and feeling uninspired and lazy. Too bad I cannot submit my scores from the Atari 2600 version -- I soooooo tore that game up... the TI, not so much but it is still one of my favorite games.

We should not diversify from TI (maybe there is an Atari competition, I coinc. played it yesterday on RetroPi Atari 7800 version, not sure if it is the same as 2600)

FYI - If I remember I have played it on the Philips G7000 (in the USA known as "Odyssey").

Here is an overview of all Q*Bert versions, including TI-99/4A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIcXUcbPBDU

(and Q*Bert Rebooted on Android and IOS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ3gi_5VnjY)

Now need to go back to the real TI, not sure if we are going to reach jwild's score.

Very nice game. I found strange that there is no title screen, and the number of player select screen is minimalistc. It seems to me as the game was unfinished. Is it a demo or was it released in this state?

Even though I can not compete, I like Q*Bert so I want to play it. This is my best (for today).

All of the Parker Brothers conversions for the TI are like this. In another thread PB developer docs and notes have been posted up (they are probably now available in the WHTFTP, as well) which give some explanation for how and why they were made this way.

• Like 1

well, if im gonna suck and be last place, i might as well break 30k. ;)

Here's my score from today: 35090

I need to check on the score, but I think if you reach level 3 should have more points

if you wait until the snake is nearby and you use up all the round spinning wheels (snake jumps off the pyramid) then you get bonus points (e.g. round 1 is max. 2700) and later when the green men come you also earn again on jumping on squares and similar in level 3 and 4 as colours keep changing.