IGNORED

High Score Competition (March: The Mine)

arcadeshopper

good grief, you guys. i think i got around 6100 when i was just messing around before my trip.

I'll try to come up with a respectable entry for this month's contest.

As an aside, I think it's interesting how similar this is to "BC's Quest for Tires" (maybe BC got inspiration from it?) I love that game.

• 4 weeks later...

I gave it a night or few of play. Could not get very far but also never much of a fan so I was not overly compelled :)

BTW, I have sitting here two items I will be offering up for upcoming prizes for any winners who do not have anything to provide for their chosen challenge: a complete in-box MiniMemory set I picked up for a steal (have not decided if I will replace the battery or leave it as-is,) and a sealed Defender.

• Like 4

This month I have been very very busy, so I didn't do much progress in this game. I scored somewhere around 7000 points in the first decade, but then I had no more time to play.

However yesterday (1st of April, Easter day), so after the end of the competition, I take the opportunity of the holiday to play, and I reached a decent score, that I want to post in the thread just for the pleasure of having participated.

It was also the first time, in the current millennium, that I was able to save the damsel :-)

One question for those who have gone further than me: the second stage at the "novice"level is the same as the first one in the "experienced"level?

post-45282-0-62154200-1522706580_thumb.jpg

Edited by Count9929A

One question for those who have gone further than me: the second stage at the "novice"level is the same as the first one in the "experienced"level?

I believe this is correct. You get 1400 points for the first stage (vines) of the Experienced level which is the same as the first stage of the second time through the Novice level. The Crocs are sped up and the boulders have the same pattern as the second time through on the Novice level, and jumping the natives requires the same precision/timing as the second time through on the Novice level.

Edited by majestyx

I'm just not skilled enough to win this contest honestly, so I'm going to resort to bribery! I wrote HeroX in the 4k contest with this high score competition in mind. Bonus scores are literally frame accurate. The game has an ending and is short enough to get through in a few minutes, so it's a true speedrun.

So if someone chooses HeroX for their game of the month, I will offer up a boxed 99/4 (no A) as the prize. ;) (The VRAM in it is toast, otherwise it works. I'm still deciding if I will repair that or keep it original... maybe let the winner decide.)

:P

• Like 2

Looks like this is the leader board for Jungle Hunt with Majestyx at the top with an incredible score of 28,110
Congrats Majestyx - your turn to pick a game.

Majestyx 28,110

Globeron 18,430

Vorticon 11,510

Count9929A 7900-ish

discgolger72 6,300

Oprey88er 6,100

Sinphaltimus - Too low to count.

*Prize - I don't know. CS1, - I don't have have anything really. You're awesome for this =- http://atariage.com/forums/topic/241547-high-score-competition-march-jungle-hunt/page-73?do=findComment&comment=3997627- At the very least I can pay your shipping charges for whatever you send to the winner.

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Looks like this is the leader board for Jungle Hunt with Majestyx at the top with an incredible score of 28,110

Congrats Majestyx - your turn to pick a game.

Majestyx 28,110

Globeron 18,430

Vorticon 11,510

Count9929A 7900-ish

discgolger72 6,300

Oprey88er 6,100

Sinphaltimus - Too low to count.

*Prize - I don't know. CS1, - I don't have have anything really. You're awesome for this =- http://atariage.com/forums/topic/241547-high-score-competition-march-jungle-hunt/page-73?do=findComment&comment=3997627- At the very least I can pay your shipping charges for whatever you send to the winner.

Yeah, you betcha.

Congratulations to Majestyx! Now the ball is in his court: pick April's game and your prize (Defender cartridge in sealed box, or MiniMemory package.)

Yeah, you betcha.

Congratulations to Majestyx! Now the ball is in his court: pick April's game and your prize (Defender cartridge in sealed box, or MiniMemory package.)

Missed it by that ][ much...

No worries on the prize as I don't have a physical TI. So taking Tursi's suggestion, HeroX it is for this month's game!

Edited by Sinphaltimus

Thanks! Here's what you're playing for then!

post-12959-0-56981300-1522866000_thumb.jpg

Here's the archive:

HeroX.zip

... and here's a score to beat ;)

post-12959-0-13000900-1522866700_thumb.png

I should warn that like most of these games, it's slower in 50hz and that may be easier. The ratios should still work out the same (ie: the clock isn't slower compared to movement), but it may be easier just from a reaction standpoint. ;)

• Like 5