IGNORED

High Score Competition (April: Starfort)

arcadeshopper

I was using henhouse32kb8.bin from flashrom99 repository thread. It requires 32K expansion and have the weird color scheme and some errors in some character definitions (as numbers 2 and 7 with a misplaced pixel). There is another 8k rom in the "FlashROM99 software that does not require 32K v3" zip and that one seems to be the one used by everyone here, so I'll play that version for now on just in case the difficulty is different.

Hey folks... please don't forget to post your play times to the tracker!!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/260625-what-have-you-actually-played-tracker-for-2017-season-10/page-16?do=findComment&comment=3747452

The times are compiled each week and the TI has been showing well recently. :)

Edited by Opry99er

Thanks!!

Do you notice than sometimes an egg falls but it does't register as broken? Usually (always?) when you are exactly below it. Maybe is a feature and not a bug. But I think it also happens with "stolen" eggs. Not completely sure.

I'll also check in my PAL console if this game is easier or not because the slower speed.

Edited by gfreige

The egg drop thing... Every 5,000 points, you "unbreak" an egg. So, if you hit 5,000 without breaking one, then break one at 6,000, it will not show as broken, because you were in the "positive" for broken eggs.

After 15,000, that luxury goes away, and a broken egg is a broken egg. You can bank 3 eggs to the good, though. So---If you get a favorable seed and you have good reflexes, you can go quite deep. :)

Nice first score!!!

The egg drop thing... Every 5,000 points, you "unbreak" an egg. So, if you hit 5,000 without breaking one, then break one at 6,000, it will not show as broken, because you were in the "positive" for broken eggs.

After 15,000, that luxury goes away, and a broken egg is a broken egg. You can bank 3 eggs to the good, though. So---If you get a favorable seed and you have good reflexes, you can go quite deep. :)

Nice first score!!!

All makes sense now :). Many times I passed the 7000-8000 mark without any broken eggs...

Well, my best try for now (after I understood that you have to clear the chutes when they are full ;-) )

By the way, for shooting the egg thief, the game could have easily earned a public selling ban in Germany ("put on the index") back in the 80s by the "Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Medien" (Federal Review Board for Media Harmful to Minors).

The reason (which was indeed applied to many games, which was and is still blatantly ridiculous) is that the game "encourages the player to exert deadly force for the sake of game progress, entertainment, and reward, without offering appropriate alternatives for settling conflicts in a peaceful way".

We call it Realsatire (lit. "reality satire") which says this is a matter of fact (law, event, development) which could easily be mistaken as satire if you would not know better. :-)

post-35000-0-97639700-1493497245.png

• Like 1