IGNORED

High Score Competition (March: The Mine)

arcadeshopper

I have a collection as well. Was fighting with wife so got drunk with my debit card on ebay one night and one day three TI's

appeared with all kids of goodies. Maybe can part with some of it. I am still looking for the big referance manual, you know the one.

Had to deliver newspapers to buy it when I was 11. That would be my Grail, although not much intrest in using it, I already typed those in a thousand times.

I will start playing NOW!

What imaage format?? Tried them all I think, Cannot post pic, a little help please.

Thank you

Upload to photobucket and then do an IMG post.

Type

then paste the link to the photo directly after the bracket

Then type again, only this time, add a slash "/" after the first bracket and before the "IMG", closing with a regular bracket.

[IMG=www.photobucket.com/yourmunchmanpichere]

As everyone's having so much fun, I thought that I'd have a go on my real iron and the TI joysticks! I don't have it on cartridge, so I loaded up the EA5 version listed in this thread, but it freezes when I've lost all my lives so I have to power cycle the console. Is this a fault with the file or something else? I'm using E/A option 6 on the XB27 cart to load MUNCHMAN1.

What imaage format?? Tried them all I think, Cannot post pic, a little help please.

Thank you

I just attach a .jpg and it works for me.

After you browse to the file you have to click 'Attach this file' button.

Edited by Cschneider

Very cool mrpink and Dexter!!!

I haven't broken 50,000 this go round yet... :)

MrPink, thats not bad for the first playthrough in a while... :) I look forward to your progress.

Only 11 days left in the competition...

I see nobody has jumped for joy at the consolation prize.... Shame. It is a magnificent piece...

MrPink, youre now in the 'drawing' for the consolation prize as well, since you posted a score. :) Or you could score half a mil and just win the main prize... That would be cool too. Hehe

Edited by Opry99er

Yesterday I got lucky, but yet, just not enough with 67,350. :)

post-41771-0-09505500-1440251330_thumb.jpg

I wonder what's the secret of the 180k? At a given point the time I can capture those "Hoonos", gets so short, too short to link the whole chain! :mad: ;-)

• Like 2

Level 18 is already pretty good ... if you remember, this was the level I reached with my 99150 points. But you seem to be too veggie. ;)

Oh, didn't notice that, although I watched your video. I noticed you went more for the points to get the four "Hoonos" on one go, 100, 200, 400 and 800.

Oh, didn't notice that, although I watched your video. I noticed you went more for the points to get the four "Hoonos" on one go, 100, 200, 400 and 800.

Yes, but as we already heard, this strategy is certain doom in higher rounds. So try to collect everything in the "easy" rounds (1, 4, 7, 11) and then switch to primarily laying chains.

When I complete round 1 with less than 7900 points, I usually start over. :)

Last week I did a (very simply) counting comparison in TI-Basic (to count until 1000+) on a real TI-99/4A and compared it to Classic99 v382

(The result was that Classic99 is faster as it runs on 60 Hz, while my TI runs on 50 Hz, but when running Classic on 50 Hz it is slower than the TI,

Note (from Tursi): the 50 Hz mode in Classic99 is not advised/tested to use). I believe that V9T9 runs a bit slower and I have not compared two real TI's yet.

MunchMan score using Classic99:

My highest score using Classic99 and external USB-keyboard: 107780

Today I did MunchMan on the laptop with Classic99 and an external keyboard and recorded it with CamTasia.

(I have no clue if all this is slowing down or impacting the performance, also running AVG Firewall,Antivirus and other programs etc.),

but it still feels fast (so I guess it has minimum impact). Laptop is Samsung S9 (8 Gb), SSD 128 Gb disk (but it looks to me comparing

it with other PCs/laptops that Classic99 is running at the same speed

I turned off "Joysticks" and only use Keyboard, E,S,D,X keys

I noticed that sometimes in a level the keys did not response fast enough to take the corners

(not sure if this is the external keyboard (as there are 2x keyboards and I do not know if the laptop keyboard / HID can be turned off)

and (normally I do not see this happen), but at 17.39 it hang for 5 seconds (see the video)

Video: www.globeron.com/freedownload/services/TI99/MunchMan107720.mp4

Edited by globeron