IGNORED

Bouncy

Asmusr

Sorry for being cryptic. The issue I found is that Classic99 sometimes set the 5th sprite flag bit with the number of the 5th sprite reported as 31 even though there were far fewer sprites on the screen. This is by polling the VDP interrupt through CRU and reading the status reg at vsync. This made the program crash before I added a check that the number of the 5th sprite made sense. I verified that the program did not crash on the hardware and in MESS/JS99er. I can create a crashing version for you if you're interested.

Edit: It looks like the problems appears only once the first time I read the status flag after polling the interrupt from CRU. I get a status value of >FF.

Edit 2: Add a breakpoint for W833A=001F in the latest version. This will break at line 688 in the very first call to VSYNC.

Thanks for the extra detail, I'll take a look. My previous testing showed that the fifth sprite index in cases where there was NO fifth sprite should be the last sprite processed in the list, which Classic99 handles. When there is a fifth sprite, Classic99 is capturing the last sprite on the line. It also doesn't currently process per scanline, so you would get the last one in the sprite list (regardless of where it was on the screen).

I did a lot of testing with this register, but I don't remember if it landed in Classic99. I'll have to find my notes. :) Thanks for helping out!

Made it to level 7 without dying and then game overed :P

Is there anyway you could make it to where when you get game over you have to press fire to go to the menu? was gonna post pic of my score but by time i had my phone ready its was gone :P making it stay on game over would make it easier if this game is ever used in the high score competition :)

• Like 1

Made it to level 7 without dying and then game overed :P

Is there anyway you could make it to where when you get game over you have to press fire to go to the menu? was gonna post pic of my score but by time i had my phone ready its was gone :P making it stay on game over would make it easier if this game is ever used in the high score competition :)

Sure, that's easy to change. This version is waiting up to 5 minutes on the game over screen.

BOUNCY.dsk

Too bad this isn't this months high score game. I was on a roll tonight till I had to quit n go pickup my old lady.

attachicon.gifIMG_20151031_220842.jpg

1,039,024 lvl 17

Yep made it through all the levels twice :)

I assume the million is a mistake, but I better make sure Bouncy can handle higher scores than 16-bit values :).

The score goes up to 999,999 so if I roll the score it makes it 1,039,024 not a mistake ;)

The score was rolling over at 65536 in the version you have, but this version allows you to get ten times more points (655360). At that point the result of the division by 10 is overflowing and you get some strange results.

BOUNCY.dsk

The score was rolling over at 65536 in the version you have, but this version allows you to get ten times more points (655360). At that point the result of the division by 10 is overflowing and you get some strange results.

Rasmus, is this considered version 1.0 then? Can I post it on the TI Gameshelf site with the upcoming update?

Rasmus, is this considered version 1.0 then? Can I post it on the TI Gameshelf site with the upcoming update?

While you're are it, could you add a note to Sabre Wulf saying that the full version with all features is available on cartridge only? Perhaps also post the cartridge image? I really only consider the disk version an alpha version. Thanks.

While you're are it, could you add a note to Sabre Wulf saying that the full version with all features is available on cartridge only? Perhaps also post the cartridge image? I really only consider the disk version an alpha version. Thanks.

I did not know that. Is there a reason why you wouldn't consider a complete disk version as well?

• 3 months later...

Will bouncy be available as a cart on arcadeshopper.com?

I don't have any plans to release Bouncy as a separate cart at the moment. I do have plans to make my own, small production of the 8-in-1 cart (perhaps enhanced with additional demos?) at some point, but first I want to create a simplified version of the 512K PCB without all the jumpers to simplify the soldering.

• Like 2