IGNORED

Intellivision Congo Bongo with Box and Manual

PolygonDaily

yes i ended the item (which i listed yesterday) i figured the price was too high

I did some more research on it, but don't have a definite value on it, would appreciate any insight on it

That box is pretty smooooooshed. A lot of them are though. You should take another pic of the top with the flap opened since a lot of these style boxes were literally ripped open. Not saying you are trying to hide damage, just saying thats an important area to inspect on these :)

I think $250-$300 is a fair "forum" price in that condition, but maybe some of the more die hard Intellivision guys can step in :)

Edited by Crazy Climber

That box is pretty smooooooshed. A lot of them are though. You should take another pic of the top with the flap opened since a lot of these style boxes were literally ripped open. Not saying you are trying to hide damage, just saying thats an important area to inspect on these :)

I think $250-$300 is a fair "forum" price in that condition, but maybe some of the more die hard Intellivision guys can step in :)

i've updated the photos

Lowballin', I'll start the bidding at $50! :dunce:

thanks, current offer is at $200 via my instagram account

I think it's safe to say that people around here enjoy such intrusions as this. :)

i would hope not! haha... hope someone on here needs this thing, i'd hate for it to go to some creep on ebay

oh lord... do they ever

follow me @polygondaily there's a whole community on there with a few thousand members

I don't really own a device that can use the 1st party app, so I've never created an account. Just for grins, I tried to go to the site, but it directs you to the iCult and Noodle+ app store to create an account. Everytime that I've asked someone about Instagram, they describe it as "Facebook with no words" or "Twitter with pictures." I just didn't think there would be a marketplace on there. Then again, I didn't think there could be one on Facebook, and the easily distracted seem to buy/sell on there all the time (I guess).

My $0.02

Depending on condition, CIB price can vary from around $200 to $500. That being said, this box is pretty rough and the box is a huge factor in the pricing. I've picked up a couple of loose carts from eBay in the last few years and paid around $50 for each (which is prob on the low end...figure $60-90 for loose cart going rate). Figure $20-25 for the manual and you're left with a pretty expensive box, which is why condition is so important.

If I were selling this I'd hope for $300, but I probably wouldn't pay $200 for this one...if that makes any sense. $250 would probably be the max I'd expect this to sell for, but it just depends on how bad someone wants one CIB and how important condition is to them. Either way, good luck to all involved.

No problem, glad I could opine :) I'm just one person's opinion, though. Others may disagree.

There's a slightly better condition Congo Bongo ending on eBay soon (nicer box and includes Orphan Overlays). If I were buying or selling one, I'd be looking at that one for reference ;-)

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2520512827911?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=252051282791&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The three highest bids on that nicer one tonight were $449, $444, and $273. Just saying...

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Hey,

2nd day and still no reply from you here or by pm....

I am starting to think you never really wanted to sell this here?

Most people here when they get a buyer ready to shell out $250 for an item they have up for sale come back with a quick reply to get the deal done.

You won't even give me a reply even though you read my pm....?????

:(

Ah...no surprise.

CPUWIZ was right from the first reply to this thread....

He is just another fly buy night guy come to jerk us all around and waste our time so he could try and maximize his own profits....

I hope the extra $60 you got after ebay fees was worth it, as now you showed the whole community here what type of douche you are.... :P

I will happily avoid ever dealing with you again here or on ebay....

• Like 1

hope someone on here needs this thing, i'd hate for it to go to some creep on ebay

Heh, I guess now we know how women feel when a guy says whatever she wants to hear to get into her pants, and then drops her as soon as he gets what he wants. "He said all the right things...he just didn't mean any of them."

• Like 1

Yeah I though $250 with no fees was more than generous...I would not have gone $300... $350 is nuts for a smushed box and ripped manual.

I am probably better off not getting that one anyway....I've waited about 30 years for a cib copy...guess I wait a bit more :)