Photo

Double Hi-Res Graphics

102 replies to this topic

#101 Casey OFFLINE  

Casey

Star Raider

• 50 posts

Posted Sun May 14, 2017 5:23 PM

Did you do the steps in order?  If you did, there is legible text with instructions on how to proceed through the program.  If you didn't, there are flashing characters and random symbols all over the bottom of the screen.

#102 2600problems OFFLINE  

2600problems

Chopper Commander

• 120 posts

Posted Sun May 14, 2017 6:33 PM

well, I've got the second one, even though I followed through. am I using an inferior version of prodos, do I have to go through basic? what do I need to do?

#103 Iamgroot OFFLINE  

Iamgroot

Star Raider

• 90 posts

Posted Sun May 14, 2017 9:55 PM

The program should work fine with or without DOS.

The dbl-hi-res screen views random graphics for page 1 or a picture if one was previously loaded and random graphics for screen #2.

The four lines at the bottom of the screen should tell you which dbl-hi-res screen you are viewing, and while viewing screen #2 you will see text on text page #2.

While viewing screen#2 the program then clears screen #1 to all white, then switches to view screen #1 and text page #1.

I didn't get too extravagant with the graphics as the program was getting long enough.

When booting up, make sure the FLASH command is not invoked at any time.  If you have a startup program, rename it to something else temporarily and let it boot straight to the applesoft prompt. Then follow the directions given earlier.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users