IGNORED

scans of the electronic games magazine

If I had physical access to the mags, I would have no problems scanning them into the proper sized PDFs and sharing them online.

ThumpNugget, I saw this post, went over to retromags and tried to download the one Electronic Games posted and it errored out that it was only available to paying members of retromags.

If I had physical access to the mags, I would have no problems scanning them into the proper sized PDFs and sharing them online.

ThumpNugget, I saw this post, went over to retromags and tried to download the one Electronic Games posted and it errored out that it was only available to paying members of retromags.

Hey there.. Not my fault! :) I have not been involved with the retromags.com site... Anything I've ever scanned is either up for torrent (thanks to the many members here) or "unreleased" as I try to get a complete magazine run before releasing them. I imagine they are restricting downloads because of bandwidth. Another site that does a lot of scans (http://www.bombjack.org/commodore/) took the magazines he did have online off. Hopefully as the people at retromags.com complete magazine runs / projects there will be a torrent or some other method for people to get the PDFs...

Very nice! do you have any EG torrents up these days? thanks!

Sorry, I mostly concentrate on Atari 8-bit and multi-platform computer magazines:

Shawn Jefferson put up the torrents for complete runs of Antic and Analog magazines (may not be your thing):

Antic Magazine: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4662235/Antic_Magazine_Scans

Analog Magazine: http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4728136/An..._Magazine_Scans

Years ago I had a classic videogame magazine website with information and cover scans about EG, EF, VG and UK magazines as well (WWW.GAMEMAGS.COM) ...but time has passed. Now I lost the domain and most of my scans...now I don't have much time to rebuild everything...who knows in the future.

BTW I have now some COMPUTER ENTERTAINER / THE VIDEO GAME UPDATE on Ebay. Almost of free (0.99$). I'd prefer that someone grab and scan them for everyone...take a look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=110384869340

I was thinking of doing a similar site to what you are doing, in fact I tried registering retromags.com but some bastards beat me to it! :) I took a quick peek at it but it seemed to be focused on more recent video game magazines so I didn't look further.. I ended up registering retrocomputermags.com (have not put up a site yet - still trying to decide on how I want to approach the problem).

Anyway! I love that a group is organized and has taken this on and I would love to contribute..

At Retromags, we are only able to release issues that members scan and release themselves. We have no control over what is released or when. It would be great to be able to offer cash incentives for certain issues to be scanned and released-we have access to the full run of EGM from 1989 to 1999 something like 4 times over but no one member has all of the issues and progress is slow in getting it coordinated. We have recently been able to make headway with major donations from varous members and even other sites in the regard of older computer magazines (I have approximately 40 issues of the UK Atari User and I posted a list of Electronic Games issues a couple of members are focusing on now). We are fortunate to have a large memberbase but it seems that the members with older computer magazines are far outnumbered by members with newer console magazines. We would love to have you come over and join up and help in any way you could. Let me know if there is anything I can possibly do to assist you with this.

Here is a link to the Electronic Games issue available at Retromags. It is the Rapidshare link which is free to anyone to use with or without registering or donating time or money to the site.

http://www.retromags.com/forums/redirect.p...___1983_Jul.zip

The Rapidshare link is placed inside the information section of the download page. The other link, the download link is for any member, not just ones that have chosen to support the site with money donations (we have many ways of earning upgraded memberships for free, just takes a little time and effort). It is unfortunately a situation where that link has to be kept for members only because it is run on an FTP that is paid for by the owner of Retromags, Phillyman, each month out of whatever monies get raised (and if the donations run short, it comes out of his personal pocket).

We don't have Rapidshare links to everyone of the over 640 issues that are available, we do have RS links to about 98% of them though and are working on getting the missing ones up (usually the newest stuff is without a Rapidshare link). Reason for this is not because we are trying to force members to 'donate' to get access, it is because we have one member over there, meppi (co-owner of Retromags) that is willing to host files on his Rapidshare account. It takes time and bandwidth to download then upload each release (some of the newer releases are closing in on 200 megs) and meppi is in another country with a severely capped Internet access (compared to us in the USA). While not perfect, we are trying to address the problems.

Hey there.. Not my fault! :) I have not been involved with the retromags.com site... Anything I've ever scanned is either up for torrent (thanks to the many members here) or "unreleased" as I try to get a complete magazine run before releasing them. I imagine they are restricting downloads because of bandwidth. Another site that does a lot of scans (http://www.bombjack.org/commodore/) took the magazines he did have online off. Hopefully as the people at retromags.com complete magazine runs / projects there will be a torrent or some other method for people to get the PDFs...

We have tried offering torrents in the past and have had horrible results with it. People are more interested in hitting and running with torrents and not sticking around to at least share what they got (which still hits Phillyman on his bandwidth each month). We are working on this and trying to offer up torrents in the future.

ThumpNugget, if you are willing to allow your scans to be released on Retromags I would love to do it for you (would love it even more to see you guys come over and join and voice your opinions and concerns there for the other moderators could see what needs addressing). I mean, if you guys prefer PDF's over the CBZ/CBR's used at Retromags, voice it, we have some PDF's up (and have members willing to convert them just they need/want direction).

We are a community driven project and need the opinion of members to help direct the site.

Just a general note to anyone interested in joining Retromags. If you donate a magazine, you get upgraded in membership status. Right now the upgrade is to Premium Member which gets you 1.8 gigs of downloads per week from the RM FTP server (no waiting for Rapidshare). If you decide to join up, contact me over there about this forum and I will do anything I can to assist you with getting the most out of RM.

I apologize to anyone that has come over there and tried to get a magazine release and wasn't able to, we are not trying to keep people out or away from the releases.

I've contributed 2 (or 3?) mag scans over there at retromags.. I do hope to do more eventually. Maybe they'll be early 80's EG's :)

NE146, do you have an account? If not make one and I will make sure that you get premium status at the very least with your next release. Do you know which ones you donated already?

I've contributed 2 (or 3?) mag scans over there at retromags.. I do hope to do more eventually. Maybe they'll be early 80's EG's :)

NE146, do you have an account? If not make one and I will make sure that you get premium status at the very least with your next release. Do you know which ones you donated already?

Yeah I do have an account there.. I'm "room88" and I think I already got premium status but I'm not quite sure.

I scanned EGM Issue #3 (Fabio!), and the issue of Electronic Game Player as mentioned above :) I basically did the raw scans and E-Day(?) cleaned/fixed them up. I was next going to do the 1980 Buyers Guide and still plan to do so.. but it's just such a project :lol:

Img_5796.jpg

But yeah I'm thinking of doing some Electronic Games magazines and maybe some "Video Games" magazines as well.. those would be great to have some early 80's mags there I think. These would be ultra long term projects though of course..

Matter o' fact here's one.. I have no idea who scanned this but I found it on the net a couple of years ago. Electronic Games May 1982. Might as well put it on there I guess :P

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=44GFRUCR

post-31-1241622137_thumb.jpg

I appreciate you coming over and checking out and posting in the forum about the Electronic Games.

As far as that issue of Electronic Games that you found on the net, while intrigueing, we can't upload it there without the permission of the original scanner. It is a safety concern really, this way we won't have people claiming we stole their work and all of this stuff.

I am downloading it though, as I am interested in archiving in general (even if it can't be uploaded at RM, that rule may change later or the original scanner may be found-may as well have the file).

Years ago I had a classic videogame magazine website with information and cover scans about EG, EF, VG and UK magazines as well (WWW.GAMEMAGS.COM) ...but time has passed. Now I lost the domain and most of my scans...now I don't have much time to rebuild everything...who knows in the future.

BTW I have now some COMPUTER ENTERTAINER / THE VIDEO GAME UPDATE on Ebay. Almost of free (0.99$). I'd prefer that someone grab and scan them for everyone...take a look:

I had a bid on these... My bid was canceled and the auction ended early.. Decide not to sell?

I had a bid on these... My bid was canceled and the auction ended early.. Decide not to sell?

They shouldn't be allowed to take down an auction after there are bids on it (I mean, if it is a case of misrepresentation then they-ebay-should notify any bidders as to what reason it was taken down-otherwise it shouldn't be allowed to come down).

I'm sorry, shipping was higher than I expected. I had to relist them all. Unfortunately for you they are already sold:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=110387388836

I still have other spare classic vg mags but I have to check.

For now, take a look to this italian web site (not mine), which includes among others 4 complete Electronic Games magazines (US version) scans.

http://www.retro-gaming.it/index.html

(click "riviste")

:)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...