#51 ValkerieSilk OFFLINE  

ValkerieSilk

Stargunner

• 1,327 posts

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:59 AM

Posted Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:56 PM

NIAD, on 27 Sept 2015 - 5:44 PM, said:snapback.png

I assume you also went to see PIxels together! :love:

He said he was a gamer, not a masochist.

:lolblue:  :lolblue:

#52 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 6,266 posts

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:15 PM

I didn't see the movie, so I am assuming that it was bad?

#53 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 8,240 posts

Posted Thu Oct 1, 2015 6:29 AM

I saw it and I liked it. People who were hoping that Adam Sandler would be giving a Oscar-worthy performance were sorely disappointed and went on a screaming rampage as a result. Go figure... :roll:

The movie doesn't take itself seriously at all, and reaches quite a high level of absurdity as a result. I guess some people just find that level of absurdity unpalatable. Me, I had fun watching it, just like I had fun watching Scott Pilgrim versus the World, which I highly recommend to all retrogamers. :)

#54 stupus OFFLINE  

stupus

River Patroller

• 2,214 posts
  • pixel obcessed yeti

Posted Thu Oct 1, 2015 6:51 AM

Yeah, me and my kids had a great time seeing pixels. I think some peoples expectations are just way to high for something coming out of Hollywood :P hehe

Edited by stupus, Thu Oct 1, 2015 6:52 AM.

#55 TPR OFFLINE  

TPR

River Patroller

• 2,223 posts

Posted Thu Oct 1, 2015 7:07 AM

I had fun watching Scott Pilgrim versus the World, which I highly recommend to all retrogamers. :)

One of my all-time favorite movies!  And the graphic novels are amazing, too!

#56 Bill Loguidice OFFLINE  

Bill Loguidice

Quadrunner

• 7,274 posts
  • Armchair Arcade Managing Director

Posted Thu Oct 1, 2015 7:47 AM

The bad mojo around Pixels had a lot to do with it being an Adam Sandler vehicle, who has long since burned up all of his goodwill from his early movies. I also didn't care for the premise being lifted from Futurama before it became the YouTube short that the movie was based off of. I didn't see it, nor do I have much interest. With that said, if it happens to be on when I'm stuck on the sofa, I might direct my eyeballs at it.

#57 WilsonCat OFFLINE  

WilsonCat

Chopper Commander

• 110 posts

Posted Thu Oct 1, 2015 1:39 PM

I watched Pixels with my kids...it was fun.  Not stellar but still a fun flick. 

#58 ZylonBane OFFLINE  

ZylonBane

River Patroller

• 3,970 posts

Posted Fri Oct 2, 2015 6:49 PM

Hi, here's a web site you've apparently never heard of before: http://www.rottentom...s.com/m/pixels/

And just for fun: Half in the Bag reviews Pixels.

#59 ColecoDan OFFLINE  

ColecoDan

Stargunner

• 1,832 posts

Posted Sat Oct 3, 2015 1:03 AM

One of my all-time favorite movies!  And the graphic novels are amazing, too!

Scott Pilgrim vs the world was an amazingly funny movie with many inside jokes.  It was a work of art.   Haven't seen pixels but I usually like movies everyone hates.

#60 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Intellivision Hoarder

• 12,491 posts
  • Running out of things to buy.

Posted Sat Oct 3, 2015 1:05 AM

My son liked it so much we saw it twice. 😆

#61 Pixelboy OFFLINE  

Pixelboy

Quadrunner

• 8,240 posts

Posted Sat Oct 3, 2015 6:44 AM

UPDATE2: Ok, I have an updated list. About 150 pre-orders, so still 50 modules available. I will start sending confirmations in a minute.

You should update the first post of the "official second run" thread to update the number from "63" down to "50". :)

#62 youki OFFLINE  

youki

River Patroller

• 2,457 posts

Posted Sun Oct 4, 2015 10:19 AM

I saw it and I liked it. People who were hoping that Adam Sandler would be giving a Oscar-worthy performance were sorely disappointed and went on a screaming rampage as a result. Go figure... :roll:

The movie doesn't take itself seriously at all, and reaches quite a high level of absurdity as a result. I guess some people just find that level of absurdity unpalatable. Me, I had fun watching it, just like I had fun watching Scott Pilgrim versus the World, which I highly recommend to all retrogamers. :)

I loved the film too (and not only because it is something initiated by French guys... :) ).  And my  6 year old soon also..  after that  i had to show him all the games we saw in the film.  he is looking foward we buy the DVD.

My only regret  is it was too short for me,  i would like more!!!    ..   who have seen Kung Fury? ...  So good too!

#63 sega_SHARK OFFLINE  

sega_SHARK

Dragonstomper

• 777 posts

Posted Sun Oct 4, 2015 2:21 PM

My only regret  is it was too short for me,  i would like more!!!    ..   who have seen Kung Fury? ...  So good too!

Kung Fury is worth it just for the Laser Raptors!

1_zpsrjllnjzi.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users