IGNORED

Atari800MacX & Xcode

Ripdubski

I'm trying to make a small addition to Atari800MacX. I've added 3 keys to the function key window (Help, Inverse, and Clear). I have all the code in place, but I can't build the project. Xcode keeps telling me "The run destination My Mac is not valid for running the scheme 'Atari800MacX'". I've searched the internet a bit, and tried a few things, but no luck. I have no idea how to fix it. Any ideas?

post-37823-0-50341300-1439898174_thumb.png

I'm trying to make a small addition to Atari800MacX. I've added 3 keys to the function key window (Help, Inverse, and Clear). I have all the code in place, but I can't build the project. Xcode keeps telling me "The run destination My Mac is not valid for running the scheme 'Atari800MacX'". I've searched the internet a bit, and tried a few things, but no luck. I have no idea how to fix it. Any ideas?

attachicon.gifXCodeErr.png

I ran into the same issue last summer when I tried to build it under the then-current Xcode and the latest developer beta of 10.10. I never did figure it out. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

On a modern Mac you need to click around in Xcode to replace the old SDK 10.4 definition by a new one.

I clicked on the target in the left window and replaced the "Base SDK" (which you can search for) by

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.11.sdk

to fix the "The run destination My Mac is not valid for running the scheme 'Atari800MacX'"

I then see lots more errors :)

• 3 weeks later...

I just got the app to start building (with errors) in Xcode 7. There are several problems:

1) Redefinition of GLhandleARB. Easily fixed with the following in the LOCAL version of SDL_opengl.h:

#if defined(__APPLE__)

typedef void *GLhandleARB;

#else

typedef unsigned int GLhandleARB;

#endif

2) The problem you were having was that the app was dependent on the Mac OS 10.4 SDK. Changing it to "latest" got it past the error you posted, and started to build.

But here's the doozy:

3) The SDL library that the app depended on used NSQuickDrawView which is now dead. That means the entire graphics system has to be redone with Quartz. I haven't done 2D drawing on the Mac *since* QuickDraw (10-15 years ago?) so I don't know how difficult it would be.

4.6.0 still works, but who knows how long it'll keep working.

Edited by Starman

• 2 weeks later...

There is an alternative to changing the SDK version which is to just download the old SDK.

I was able to download the old MacOSX10.4u.sdk.tar and use that but still there were more errors (I don't have details handy).

It looks like quite a lot of work to change all the APIs.

I have successfully compiled an updated atari800 itself (without GUI) linked against SDL-1.2.15 (which needed patching) on OS X which is much easier.

I went to try to get 2.70 running under Wine with OS X, and came across Wineskin. Apparently, Wineskin is a way to wrap a Windows program up with the Wine libraries as an application bundle under OS X. So, that's what I did.

Altirra.dmg

It appears to work just fine under El Capitan, except don't try to have Altirra go full screen, it gets wonky. Using OS X full screen is fine, although you're stuck with a little border and a menu.

(It creates a 510MB Application bundle! Ack!)