IGNORED

Burgeoning collection

Opry99er

Okay Owen,

That looks pretty nice, but with your new digs and all your different equipment it's time to visit

<< THIS THREAD >> and post pictures of your ENTIRE game room!

BTW - Did you ever get the 'Vorticon' wallpaper? :P

Wow... Tempest's collection is epic. I could never match that. :)

Didnt get the Vorticon wallpaper... Too expensive at $0.09 a square mile. ;)

One excellent note... I played some KABOOM tonight with my new set of paddles and they are SUPER SMOOTHE!!!!!! No jitter or shakiness... Just straight butter. :) makes me want to use them for other games as well.

What are some great paddle games?

Kaboom!, Super Breakout, Warlords, Encounter At L-5, Tac-Scan, Astroblast, Demons To Diamonds

I love SuperBreakout variant number 7.

I find Kaboom over rated (duck and cover!!!). Perhaps it's because I suck. The difficulty on that game just ramps up too quickly and once you lose one bucket, you're hosed. I understand that most Atari games were pretty Ecclesiastical (Meaningless Meanlingless, all is meaningless). But at least I can play Super Breakout long enough to make it worth while.

Kaboom is nothing but a harsh lesson in futility....

Aside from the expected actiplaque on the Activision titles it looks like you've found lots of really nice labels there.

That absolutely pristine looking Gorf got me thinking about my own boxes of duplicates. I think I've found Gorf in perfect condition more than any other title.

Thank you for your comments. :)

GORF has an abnormally thick glossy label which seems to weather time very well...

When I am looking at Atari carts for sale, I first look at the label, THEN the name of the game... If that makes any sense... I would buy a garbage game I have no desire to play (and I have) if the label is nice and clean, and with good color. :)

Well thank you! It just seems natural to display the things you love, and classic games are high on my list. :)

I have already started sourcing wall-mounted shadow boxes and glass-encased wood shelving... As rapidly as my collection is growing, I will need additional space, and (for me) Tupperware totes are no solution for storing my beloved game carts... I have some very nice display cases for my TI-99 carts as well, but those are also, now, not enough space.

In my new house, I have excellent shelving in my dungeon... Mounted to the wall... But for the special games, I require wood and glass... Just something "Smithsonian-esque" to wood and glass displays. :)

Glad you like the display... When I get the whole room set up, I will post some good pictures to showcase my addiction.

• Like 1

Wow! Really cool to have a hutch that has survived 3 generations and now gets to show off your collection. By the way, you need to get a Halo 2600 cart, as this cart has been inducted into the Smithsonian American Art Museum and that label would make a nice addition to your collection. :)

http://www.geekwire.com/2013/halo-2600-flower-inducted-smithsonian-museum/

• Like 1

I agree about the artwork! I enjoy a lot of the games, but the artwork is a lot of the fun in collecting for me too. The black picture label Atari releases are probably my overall favorite. One of these days I need to round up my best example of all of those and put them on display.

Well, got a new system today... The guy that sold me the broken-color-switch woodie ended up cslling me to tell me to bring in that one and swap it for a better one. It is very nice, pristine even...

20150829_192818_zps4mhmzfug.jpg

Also picked up 5 more games today...

-StarMaster

-Video Pinball

-Super Breakout

-Night Driver

-Laser Blast

Good day today. :)

• Like 2