IGNORED

TI-99/4A Stuff - Old improvements for older cartridges - (Video Chess)

RSS Bot

Not being much of a "modern gamer", I still enjoy playing some older games on my "Classic TI". One cartridge in particular has some 'issues', that cartridge of course is TI's Video Chess. "AS-IS" that game can be tedious to play as well as being limiting because:

1) One could only save to cassette!
2) One had to tediously to type in each individual move.

Well back in 1988 Harry Wilhelm wrote a fantastic program that was released by Asgard Software called "BEYOND VIDEO CHESS". Some people many never have learned of this great enhancement, or possibly forgotten about it over time.

Now I freely admit, I'm not the best chess player on the planet, so TI's Video Chess is sophisticated enough for me. A while back with the help of a couple of Atari age members, the cartridge actually became enjoyable to play again.

EVERYTHING YOU NEED IS BELOW (To enhance your Video Chess Cartridge experience)
Beyond Video Chess Program Disk Image (Thanks sparkdrummer)
Beyond Video Chess Manual (Thanks 99er)
Keyboard Strip

This program can be loaded with either the Editor/Assembler module or TI Extended BASIC. It's basically the only time I use the Widget anymore since the release of Extended BASIC 2.7s.

NOTE: I was never able to get it to print properly via the HDX interface, so if you've had success with that, I'd sure like to know what you did!

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/567/entry-12270-old-improvements-for-older-cartridges-video-chess/