IGNORED

Color Settings modern TV

Opry99er

Hey all... Struggling to get the proper color, brightness, contrast, etc for my VCS display... No matter what I do, I cannot seem to get it "Stella-right" if you take my meaning. I know the resolution will not be emulator-perfect... Being as I use standard AV, but my primary concern is the color.

I tried zeroing everything out and making minor adjustments, but I could not ever get the right combination.

I run a Magnavox 15" flatscreen HDTV.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Opry99er

I switched TVs and the snow disappeared... Also, the bad colors went away too. I am of the opinion now that my coax input on my Magnavox is compromised.

I will buy a cheap coax to RCA adapter and see if that gives me the color and clarity I need.

BTW, I am using the 2600AV-->COAX adapter right now. On my other TV, color and clarity are magnificent.

You can't just put what is an antenna cable into TV's RCA (Composite) input. It's expecting completely different source signal, not RF modulated!

Common sense warning - where would sound input to the second of RCA sockets come from?

Mef.... I have an Atari 2600... With normal AV cord and end.

I have the small coax adapter plug (designed for use with the Atari) which plugs directly into my coax input on my TV. One TV it works great, one is fuzzy and has bad color. Both have sound.

Since it works well on one and not the other, I am assuming the coax input on the Magnavox is bad...

I am going to run the Atari AV cord into the coax adapter (which I am already using), into an RF modulator with RCA outs into my TV, to bypass the malfunctioning coax input and use the functional RCA inputs.

Does this not sound logical?

Looks like I need a demodulator or a VCR.

Will the signal be as clear as the straight F to coax adapter?

Yep, you need an expensive demodulator or, like me, a $4 VCR from Goodwill. Guess which way I went? :)

If the signal is clean going into the VCR or demodulator, assuming the device you're using is a quality, in-spec box, it'll be clean coming out, probably boosted/normalized to some degree as well. In my case I'm using a VCR to demodulate the signal and send it to the composite in on my monitor. Works great.