IGNORED

What with the expensive prices on old baseball games?

Crazy Climber

Hello

So I have been playing around with a few sports games on the ol 360. These usually are not my bag but since I can pick up an old Tiger woods game for literally $1 now I thought I would try a few out. I used to really like baseball games and figured I would pick one up, saw a mlb2k12 at gamestop and grabbed it....only to see the price...

$34.99??!! for a sports game that is almost 4 years old?

I thought it was mis priced but it was not. I checked ebay and saw the norm for 2k12, 2k13 was $20-$50!! (These are for COMPLETED auctions that actually sold with numerous bids)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=mlb2k12%20xbox%20360&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=mlb2k12+xbox+360&LH_Complete=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC1.A0.H0.Xmlb2k13+xbox+360.TRS0&_nkw=mlb2k13+xbox+360&_sacat=0

So...am I missing something here? Why the high price? I thought sports games were always dirt cheap when the next edition was released. Were they insanely low prints or something so they are collectible now? This cant be people that just want to play them, or is it?

I find that weird as well. PS3 versions of it retail much cheaper ( Between $5-$15) varying if it's used or new. I don't know why for the high prices on the Xbox 360. I could only guess it is due to the 2K series withdrawing from developing MLB games in 2013. And The Show is the only one developing the MLB license for MLB video games and made exclusively for the PS3 and PS4. I think there was an arcade style one for the Wii U, and brought The RBI series back, but it's in DLC content. I guess 2K sports MLB games are in high demand for the 360.