IGNORED

What would you consider is "The Holy Grail" for Atari collectors.

p.opus

What would you consider to be the "Holy Grail" for collectors.

For example, a copy of Pepsi Invaders, NIB would be such a find, but since they were in plain boxes, it would be impossible to verify without opening the box, thus voiding NIB.

So what would you consider to be the "ultimate" find that could indeed be verifiable? Are there any NIB's that would be verifiable or would you need to open everything.

Just seeing what people think the ultimate find would be.

A vader with unopened PacMan is high on my list. :D

No but seriously...

My tastes are different from many, as I am not a "sealed" game kind of collector. I prefer to display the cartridges and play them if I wish.

I think for me the coolest find I xould imagine would be a complete set of Activision patches... I would keep them in a box until I earned one, then put it on display.

• Like 5

I have a bit of bias here... I'd love to find a boxed copy of Extra Terrestrials. We know of only 4 copies of the cartridge plus unverified talk of a 5th copy. No box has ever been found. The original creators have stated that there was a box but they don't have one or even remember what it looked like. I created a box for the reproduction carts based on artwork on the cartridge label. I want to know how my creation compares to the original.

Using a different interpretation of "collector" here, but a functioning prototype of Swordquest: Airworld would be a hell of a thing.

OTOH my personal prototype Holy Grail, Journey to Rivendell, has already been found.

On the homebrew front, my HG would probably be completed versions of Homestar Runner RPG or Man Goes Down.

• Like 2

Does anyone own or know of a monogrammed Space Chase? That possibly may be the most rare game out there.

I agree, this would have to be a rare find, as I don't believe too many people would have actually paid $99.95 to purchase this cart.

I picked up a reproduction cart a while back from 2600 Connection

Edited by sramirez2008

I agree, this would have to be a rare find, as I don't believe too many people would have actually paid $99.95 to purchase this cart.

I picked up a reproduction cart a while back from 2600 Connection

Actually, does anyone know if the monogrammed were labeled with the blue stick letters or the fancy ones? Or both?

The rest of the Swordquest prizes. :)

I really want to believe that those prizes are locked away in a safety deposit box in a bank somewhere. It seems like if they still existed they would have surfaced or that someone would have information about them that is valid.

A boxed copy of Waterworld would be my choice for my personal holy grail.

I really want to believe that those prizes are locked away in a safety deposit box in a bank somewhere. It seems like if they still existed they would have surfaced or that someone would have information about them that is valid.

A boxed copy of Waterworld would be my choice for my personal holy grail.

Has anyone ever asked any of the Tramiel kids? Wasn't the story always Jack had the sword over his fireplace?

Has anyone ever asked any of the Tramiel kids? Wasn't the story always Jack had the sword over his fireplace?

Just a story.

The rest of the prizes were returned to the Franklin Mint. Many feel that the company melted them down to reclaim the value of the metals and jewels, although some think that they were sold years later as part of asset sales.