Photo

Skylanders Or Disney Infinity?

11 replies to this topic

Poll: Skylanders or Disney Infinity? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Skylanders or Disney Infinity?

1. Skylanders (7 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Disney Infinity (8 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. Neither, But LEGO DIMENSIONS looks pretty cool. (4 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. None, I can't stand these games or the gimmick. (9 votes [32.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

As Above

• 18,977 posts
  • So Below

Posted Sat Sep 5, 2015 4:54 PM

So,

Which one do you prefer? Myself I have to go with Skylanders.

Shawn

#2 Thekng123 OFFLINE  

Thekng123

Chopper Commander

• 135 posts

Posted Mon Sep 7, 2015 12:57 AM

skylanders

#3 roland p OFFLINE  

roland p

River Patroller

• 2,455 posts
  • $23

Posted Mon Sep 7, 2015 1:18 AM

Lego Dimenions, since I saw a Homer Simpson minifigure, and arcade cabinets.

#4 gbennett0321 OFFLINE  

gbennett0321

Space Invader

• 26 posts

Posted Mon Sep 7, 2015 4:05 PM

Disney Infinity. However, I am a somewhat biased since I worked on the game.  ;-)

Greg

#5 jetset OFFLINE  

jetset

Quadrunner

• 11,726 posts

Posted Mon Sep 7, 2015 9:15 PM

Skkylanders by a mile. Disney has a better group of characters to choose from but it's wasted on a game that's really not even a game. Me and my son tried for hours and all you do is run around building little games and such. No quest/fighting or anything interesting imo.

#6 swlovinist OFFLINE  

swlovinist

River Patroller

• 2,249 posts

Posted Tue Sep 8, 2015 10:13 PM

Skylanders by a metric ton.  A better game, and the toys are well done.  My son has three of the DS games, as well as two for the Wii U.  I have been buying the figures used as I find them, and have enough to enjoy and unlock all the content in the game at a budget price.  I tried Disney Infinity and just could not get into it.  

#7 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 18,420 posts
  • It's a secret to everyone...

Posted Wed Sep 9, 2015 1:03 AM

Where the heck is the Amiibo option? :P

#8 LynxVGL OFFLINE  

LynxVGL

Moonsweeper

• 349 posts

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:58 AM

Skkylanders by a mile. Disney has a better group of characters to choose from but it's wasted on a game that's really not even a game. Me and my son tried for hours and all you do is run around building little games and such. No quest/fighting or anything interesting imo.

You need to get out of the ToyBox.  The Playsets have everything you are looking for.  The Marvel sets are pretty good straight up Marvel Games.  The Avengers set especially.  The Star Wars content for 3.0 looks great.  I find Skylanders gameplay to be repetitive across the sequels.  Fun, but just more of the same.  The Toy Box of Infinity lets kids unleash their Minecraft skills as well.

Saying that, the Lego Dimensions stuff looks great.  But may be more pricey than Infinity or Skylanders. :(

#9 AceHart OFFLINE  

AceHart

Chopper Commander

• 144 posts
  • Kaskanampo 310

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:13 PM

I don't know anything about these. I won't vote "none" though, since that's a wee unfair.

#10 Nutsy Doodleheimer OFFLINE  

Nutsy Doodleheimer

Total Retard

• 5,619 posts

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:48 PM

I myself have voted "none". I don't know anything about Skylanders or Disney Infinity.

#11 jetset OFFLINE  

jetset

Quadrunner

• 11,726 posts

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:52 PM

You need to get out of the ToyBox.  The Playsets have everything you are looking for.  The Marvel sets are pretty good straight up Marvel Games.  The Avengers set especially.  The Star Wars content for 3.0 looks great.  I find Skylanders gameplay to be repetitive across the sequels.  Fun, but just more of the same.  The Toy Box of Infinity lets kids unleash their Minecraft skills as well.

Thanks for the suggestion but we have one of the games and six characters. Not investing in another game and more characters just to make it enjoyable. We have two marvel characters and there is nothing but the toybox.

#12 LynxVGL OFFLINE  

LynxVGL

Moonsweeper

• 349 posts

Posted Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:32 PM

Thanks for the suggestion but we have one of the games and six characters. Not investing in another game and more characters just to make it enjoyable. We have two marvel characters and there is nothing but the toybox.

The 2.0 Playsets are being Clearanced out for the new 3.0 stuff.  Gamestop also sells used Playset keys loose.  I saw multiple Avengers ones at my local Gamestop.  Food for thought.  Yeah, I know.  I kind of agree about paying extra for content already on the disc.  That's why when Lego Dimensions launches, I might just buy the toys only and skip the game. :)  But Portal, Dr. Who, Ghostbuster, Batman, and LOTR in the same world to play in?  Need to not have my Credit Card with me when that comes out.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users