IGNORED

New Intellivision Game for Portland Retro Gaming Expo

BBWW

You missed some of the 125, this is an incomplete title! :-)

I'll send you the Piggy Bank Tittle Screen to add also for when you get the 125 and the home-brews added.

Then we can talk release. LOL

Because of the limited 4 week schedule to deliver the Piggy Bank game for PRGE, I quickly whipped up a different "game" just in time. It even plays in your browser!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/242476-crap-games-seeks-programmers/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3320987

OK, been playing Piggy Bank. So far not off level one of the first four yet. Some music in and sound effects. Works in Cuttle Cart in Sears, Indy 1 and 2 and Tandyvision and French Canadian Intv 2.

No I don't have a clue about PAL but my peeps overseas will be testing it there.

I'm having fun.

Made it to level two...need to cut my guitar playing nails. LOL

You missed some of the 125, this is an incomplete title! :-)

I'll send you the Piggy Bank Tittle Screen to add also for when you get the 125 and the home-brews added.

Then we can talk release. LOL

I considered doing all 125, but I decided to stick with title screens that visually were similar to the default Mattel one in some way. Perhaps I'll do the 125 someday...

• Like 1

Cool I can see a method to you plan there Shark Shark jumps out.

Will you be in Portland?

So far Level 2 of Piggy Bank is kicking my ass. LOL

I considered doing all 125, but I decided to stick with title screens that visually were similar to the default Mattel one in some way. Perhaps I'll do the 125 someday...

Don't worry, you can find me in a trench coat. 6 Levels so far on Piggy Back, 3 difficulty settings, more testing. Works on a PAL system. Been checked on Sears, INTV, INTV II and Tandyvision. Works with Cuttle Cart (I haven't played with it in emulation yet. But will have it tested on the Ultimate Intellivision Flashback soon.

Definitely going to be at PRGE. However, I don't know if I'll be buying much from the back of your car deep in the parking garage. ;-)

Update to game.

Title Screen, Opening Animation, 7 complete of the levels, 3 skill levels, music, sound effects, game over animation, fun game. Right now we are on track for Piggy Bank to be available by PGRE. It will be close.

Update to game.

Title Screen, Opening Animation, 7 complete of the levels, 3 skill levels, music, sound effects, game over animation, fun game. Right now we are on track for Piggy Bank to be available by PGRE. It will be close.

Any updated screen shots of game..!!! you would like to share..

IF there is really another homebrew release coming out at PRGE in Blix guerilla style fashion, then Blix and this release simply have destoyed the homebrew magic for me.

As I got soft and bought a copy of Blix in the aftermarket to have a complete Intellivision homebrew collection standing on the shelve and can bathe myself in that 'elite' psychological condition, I surely won't do the same with this release and whoever is responsible can shove it up his ass. All other publishers can thank the responsible guys that I'm reducing my Intellivision homebrew purchases to a minimum. which means no more buying three copies per game at least.

• Like 2

IF there is really another homebrew release coming out at PRGE in Blix guerilla style fashion, then Blix and this release simply have destoyed the homebrew magic for me.

As I got soft and bought a copy of Blix in the aftermarket to have a complete Intellivision homebrew collection standing on the shelve and can bathe myself in that 'elite' psychological condition, I surely won't do the same with this release and whoever is responsible can shove it up his ass. All other publishers can thank the responsible guys that I'm reducing my Intellivision homebrew purchases to a minimum. which means no more buying three copies per game at least.

I think that's the idea... :ponder:

• Like 1

This is not a message of criticism, but of hope (don't take me too seriously, though).

I do not understand where the joke ends and reality begins. Perhaps it's a question of language that I do not understand so deeply (and in my experience the hardest thing to learn about another language is the sense of humor).

I will surely feel like I'm obliged to buy this game too, and I'll do my best to do it (I know, I'm probably suffering from obsessive-compulsive disorder in collecting Intellivision games and bla bla bla),

but...

there was a mistake with Blix: I have read somewhere that GDG, based on their experience with the Atari 2600 homebrews, thought that 30 carts were enough. They were not aware that they would have sold all the games in such a short time and that the price would have get so high in the after-market.

If there will be made only 30 carts even of this game, there will be awareness of the mistake from the beginning.

But perhaps the joke is also about the number of cartridges released, reality will give us the number of carts to satisfy all collectors and I'm worrying about nothing.
Edited by intellivotion

This is not a message of criticism, but of hope (don't take me too seriously, though).
I do not understand where the joke ends and reality begins. Perhaps it's a question of language that I do not understand so deeply (and in my experience the hardest thing to learn about another language is the sense of humor).
I will surely feel like I'm obliged to buy this game too, and I'll do my best to do it (I know, I'm probably suffering from obsessive-compulsive disorder in collecting Intellivision games and bla bla bla),
but...
there was a mistake with Blix: I have read somewhere that GDG, based on their experience with the Atari 2600 homebrews, thought that 30 carts were enough. They were not aware that they would have sold all the games in such a short time and that the price would have get so high in the after-market.
If there will be made only 30 carts even of this game, there will be awareness of the mistake from the beginning.
But perhaps the joke is also about the number of cartridges released, reality will give us the number of carts to satisfy all collectors and I'm worrying about nothing.

The 30 copies thing was not intentional. Good Deal Games made a deal with the flashback people to include their game roms on flashback units. The Flashback people obtained digital rights to the games for a period of time. Part of the deal was to allow Good Deal Games to sell 30 physical copies. Since this has never been an issue with the Atari people, (maybe they've never had the compulsion to own everything released) the owner thought that it wasn't going to be an issue for the Intellivision. However, the reaction was not what he expected. The number 30 was a blanket number for ALL roms that were part of the deal, not just the Intellivison rom.

Considering that the rights to the game will revert back to Good Deal Games in a couple of years, and more copies will likely be made, anyone paying unusually high amounts for this game will be sorry. However, since newer releases will probably have the sound issue fixed, they may retain their value. Your mileage may vary.

It's not my joke or idea, and I'm not involved in it at all, so don't quote me on any of this; but it seems to me that they are trying to make a very cynical point, one that transcends Blix.

It's not because of Blix specifically, but that purchasing games has become more of a "buy whatever is in a box or cart" instead of about the content itself.

Blix does not seem to be much of a great game, and it looks rushed and buggy, with little polish. Yet, it was made into a cart, which lead to a feeding frenzy.

Personally, I question the actual demand for Blix. Apart from those who purchase three or four copies of everything, and the obsessive-compulsive collectors that must have everything, would a buggy and not-quite-polished game like it actually sell hundreds of copies?

Piggy Bank highlights this trend in an absurd and exaggerated way. I believe that even BBWW said he encourages everybody to NOT buy the game. So it's not a joke in the sense of making people laugh; it's more of a ridiculing and making light of the market in a cynical way, at the expense of the collectors that fall for this sort of thing.

In that I think it's making its point, and if people get disgusted by the idea and the execution, it does so ever more strongly.

I think that if people buy Piggy Bank (or any game) it should be for the merits of the game, because they want to play it; and not in order to own everything labeled with Intellivision. That way lies madness and opens the community up to exploitation by others who may not have such transparent intentions.

That is, in my opinion, the whole point.

dZ.

Irony is a bitch here. What you say is spot on in many ways to how I feel...and this is how I am addressing how I feel. With another release. I'm taking what pissed me off about BLIX, to do something fun. It started as a joke but the moment I started it, it became something that I wanted to do.

As a late comer to "collecting" Intellivision stuff, I understand there will be some games may I never own. League of Light and Robot Rubble come to mind. I don't need Every Version of 4-Tris or each vendors release of the same game, I do like to have one of each game though.

I don't consider BLIX a real release. I still would have bought it however for the collector in me, not the player in me. If I had bought one for $30 bucks I would have sold it and put that money in an account to buy one of the real release. If in 3 years BLIX gets "rereleased" I will buy a copy if I can.

To me a real release would have Box, Instructions and Overlays (in most cases). So to me this is not a real release. It is a HOMEBREW in the finest sense. A bootleg, a whim, a vanity release, like someone putting music on a CDR with a printed label. This IS that, a Homebrew. The other irony is that the game is actually turning out pretty cool! Will it be game of the year? I doubt it will be a contender. It shouldn't be, it is not a CIB release. Will it be fun to play. I think so. Will it be worth $30 for a cart only? I don't know, I have payed more for worse. :-)

If you let this game sour you on collecting, it's on you, not BLIX or Piggy Bank. I'm spending just a little more to release this game than the last copy of BLIX sold for on EBAY. THAT IS MY POINT. The rights go back to the programmer after this and the game should be widely available in the future in some form, you can pretty much rest assured that it will never be CIB.

Irony is a bitch here. What you say is spot on in many ways to how I feel...and this is how I am addressing how I feel. With another release. I'm taking what pissed me off about BLIX, to do something fun. It started as a joke but the moment I started it, it became something that I wanted to do.

As a late comer to "collecting" Intellivision stuff, I understand there will be some games may I never own. League of Light and Robot Rubble come to mind. I don't need Every Version of 4-Tris or each vendors release of the same game, I do like to have one of each game though.

I don't consider BLIX a real release. I still would have bought it however for the collector in me, not the player in me. If I had bought one for $30 bucks I would have sold it and put that money in an account to buy one of the real release. If in 3 years BLIX gets "rereleased" I will buy a copy if I can.

To me a real release would have Box, Instructions and Overlays (in most cases). So to me this is not a real release. It is a HOMEBREW in the finest sense. A bootleg, a whim, a vanity release, like someone putting music on a CDR with a printed label. This IS that, a Homebrew. The other irony is that the game is actually turning out pretty cool! Will it be game of the year? I doubt it will be a contender. It shouldn't be, it is not a CIB release. Will it be fun to play. I think so. Will it be worth $30 for a cart only? I don't know, I have payed more for worse. :-)

If you let this game sour you on collecting, it's on you, not BLIX or Piggy Bank. I'm spending just a little more to release this game than the last copy of BLIX sold for on EBAY. THAT IS MY POINT. The rights go back to the programmer after this and the game should be widely available in the future in some form, you can pretty much rest assured that it will never be CIB.

I agree Blix! is not a real release in terms of my collection, nor would your game be.I love the boxes and artwork as well as the games. That being said, I hope your game is cool and it sounds like it will be, and happy to see you are having fun making it as well! Great work to even do it.

I am sure it is worth more than the $30. you will get for it just for novelty alone and worth much more in actual fun and rarity aspects.

I know for me, I can't afford to follow every short release or make it to every Expo as that becomes expensive. I figured this day was coming for the Intellivision and probably most systems. :thumbsup:

As Is say though, great work and congrats! :thumbsup: