IGNORED

Dragons Dogma finally on PC.

cimerians

I'd say infinite ferry stones would probably end up being a DLC thing, or people will mod it in on their own.

Don't know if I'd get it on PC or not. I'd probably wait til a Steam sale dropped it down low enough either way. I did enjoy it, more than I expected I would, on the PS3. Went through the time loop 3 times and currently on my fourth but I haven't played it since last year.

@Cimerians I picked up a 360 copy on sale because of your positive comments about the game. It is still wrapped in the plastic, but I plan to get to it eventually.

Its a good game, I remember hating the first couple of hours of it cause it took me a while to get a hang of the controls and the difficulty but I hung in there till I got to the main city and it opened up my eyes to a hidden gem of an RPG. I couldn't stop playing.

I posted this tip here if your interested about all this "ferry stone" talk.

Basically if you buy the original game, create a save file and then play Dark Arisen, you get an infinite ferry stone which helps so you don't end up buying them constantly in game.

By the way if you DO have a hard time with the difficulty just pick up Moycon's pawn or mine and they could help you a lot early on. :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Each of These Releases is a reason less to have a console. But I want to lookt a what Kind of port this is going to be... How does this game run on xbox 360?

It doesn't run that great on either last gen system. If I remember there's a little bit more screen-tearing on 360 but the framerate is better. PS3 has zero tearing but the framerate takes a serious hit so it's basically a matter of preference. Tearing or framerate? I hated the framerate drops on PS3 but also got annoyed with the tearing on 360. The PS3 version also seems a bit brighter (I played both versions extensively).

Anyway, they seem to have done a phenomenal job on this port, the specs are about average for todays machines. My video card is slightly under the recommended config but it can handle it.

If your not sure about it stick with the 360 version (less framerate issues) which you can pick up nowadays for cheap. Don't blow 30 bucks yet.

• Like 1

Oh, I'll never blow 30 bucks on a Steam game ever. If this gets a physical release for PC DRM free I'll spend 30 on it. Otherwise only on a Discount. But if it's one of those games that have serious framerate issues on consoles I will get it on PC. I don't like stuttering or Screen tearing.

Additionally on the PC they have the framerate unlocked, and resolution buffed up - you can pay on a 4k monitor for instance iirc. So as long as your computer is strong enough, it should look beautiful. My comp is below the minimum specs though, so I'll be waiting on a sale at the very least since the next comp upgrade isn't likely til near the start of 2017 as things stand now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Is the Xbox One version the same as the 360 version?

The Xbox One version is the upscaled PC version that came out last year on PC, graphics are waaay way better than the 360 or PS3. I played them all. What's cool is you get all the DLC and the infinite ferry Stone on the Xbox One version....so travel times are much better from the start etc.

I think it's still playable/fun, for 20 bucks or so, not bad to revisit.

• Like 1