Photo

Portland Retro Gaming Expo - October 17th and 18th

43 replies to this topic

#1 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 34,042 posts

Posted Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:37 PM

This year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo takes place October 17th and 18th at the Oregon Convention Center. The Portland Retro Gaming Expo (PRGE) is one of the largest classic gaming events in the country, and here are some of the highlights you can expect from this year's show:

AtariAge will have a large booth packed full of new and upcoming homebrew games for the 2600, 5200, 7800, Atari 8-bit computers and Jaguar! We are planning on releasing several new homebrew games at the show, details of which will be released in the upcoming weeks. We'll have limited quantities of games at the show, so be sure to come by our booth on Saturday to make sure you get the games you want! We'll also be demoing a 7800 Expansion Module (XM) unit with several XM-ready games for you to try out! 

atariage_prge_2015_news.png

Please visit the official Portland Retro Gaming Expo website to learn more about the show. We've also setup a forum to discuss the event for those who are attending. If you're attending the show, please stop by our booth and say hello! If you'd like to sport an AtariAge badge, you can learn more about how to get one here

Stay tuned for an upcoming announcement detailing all the games and demos that will be available from AtariAge! 

#2 Aking OFFLINE  

Aking

Moonsweeper

• 368 posts
  • RetroLover

Posted Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:20 PM

apart from Mr DO, any other 5200 carts ? Xari Arena complete ?

#3 Papa OFFLINE  

Papa

Dragonstomper

• 751 posts

Posted Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:14 PM

Awesome Sauce!! :thumbsup:

#4 Sprybug OFFLINE  

Sprybug

Dragonstomper

• 540 posts

Posted Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:08 AM

apart from Mr DO, any other 5200 carts ? Xari Arena complete ?

Whoa, your picture!  Wild.  I bought the exact same Wall-E toy at a Goodwill several months ago and my plan was to modify it to be a portable gaming system.  YOU BEAT ME TO IT.  I was thinking of turning him into a Genesis.  BTW, I'm going to be at PRGE. :D

#5 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

River Patroller

• 3,646 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:41 PM

First off, that is one of the coolest pieces of Atari art i've seen anywhere; so kudos to the artist!

Secondly, I can't make it but sure am looking forward to buying Mr. Do for the 5200!!  Enjoy everyone who will be there!!

#6 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 34,042 posts

Posted Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:42 PM

Where did you hear about Mr. Do! :)

..Al

#7 Metal Jesus OFFLINE  

Metal Jesus

Stargunner

• 1,141 posts

Posted Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:11 PM

I will have a panel discussion at the show, talking about game collecting and what it takes to make a successful YouTube channel. Come check it out! :)

#8 travistouchdown OFFLINE  

travistouchdown

River Patroller

• 3,646 posts
  • Do the math!

Posted Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:34 PM

Where did you hear about Mr. Do! :)..Al

I think there have been some whispers of that happening in the 5200 forum. My CV will be collecting dust once I get my hands on that cart!!

#9 Lynxpro OFFLINE  

Lynxpro

River Patroller

• 3,300 posts

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:24 AM

You could do a whole Trak-Ball revival segment considering 2600 Centipede and Reactor have been successfully modded to offer Trak-Ball support and Slime and Missile Command+ have been ported over to the 5200 and successfully use its Trak-Ball controller.  :)

#10 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 34,042 posts

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:26 AM

I need to track down Missile Command+.

I do want to have Centipede and Reactor running on a 2600 with the Trak-Ball at the show. I need a 2600 Trak-Ball controller.

..Al

#11 Paul Westphal OFFLINE  

Paul Westphal

Stargunner

• 1,212 posts

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:33 PM

In my booth, which is shared, I will have LOTS of 8 bit and some Jag. Space Harrier for 8bit will have a nice label and case. Look for the " EightBitFix & Anova Print " booth. Marcus will have some awesome retro tshirts.

#12 Aking OFFLINE  

Aking

Moonsweeper

• 368 posts
  • RetroLover

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:37 PM

I do want to have Centipede and Reactor running on a 2600 with the Trak-Ball at the show. I need a 2600 Trak-Ball controller.

..Al

Attached Files

#13 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 34,042 posts

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:38 PM

Thanks Aking!  I will try that out.  :D  Need to test my 5200 Trak-Ball controllers anyway, as I have a new Trak-Ball game coming out at the show.  :)

..Al

#14 Aking OFFLINE  

Aking

Moonsweeper

• 368 posts
  • RetroLover

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:11 PM

Thanks Aking!  I will try that out.  :D  Need to test my 5200 Trak-Ball controllers anyway, as I have a new Trak-Ball game coming out at the show.  :)

..Al

Xari Arena?

#15 Nathan Strum OFFLINE  

Nathan Strum

Quadrunner

• 7,346 posts
  • Enjoying a sandwich

Posted Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:03 AM

I need to track down Missile Command+.I do want to have Centipede and Reactor running on a 2600 with the Trak-Ball at the show. I need a 2600 Trak-Ball controller...Al

B&C has refurbished CX-22's. I need to dust mine off and try those hacks. The Missile Command TB hack was excellent.

#16 Special Teams OFFLINE  

Special Teams

Dragonstomper

• 800 posts

Posted Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:27 AM

Looking forward to it!  Save me a copy of the 2600 and 7800 homebrews!

#17 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 34,042 posts

Posted Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:10 AM

Looking forward to it!  Save me a copy of the 2600 and 7800 homebrews!

See you at the show! I can make you an AtariAge name badge if you'er interested. :)

#18 mhodgeshvs OFFLINE  

mhodgeshvs

Space Invader

• 48 posts

Posted Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:01 AM

Al, I won't be able to make it this year, I'm abroad for a while :(    Will you put the games on the AtariAge shop for us after the expo??

#19 gamegalaxy OFFLINE  

gamegalaxy

Star Raider

• 92 posts

Posted Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:36 PM

So I've never been and this year I was thinking of going, but I'm not sure if it's in my budget to make a flight - Has anyone been? Is it really awesome? 

#20 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 34,042 posts

Posted Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:43 PM

Al, I won't be able to make it this year, I'm abroad for a while :(    Will you put the games on the AtariAge shop for us after the expo??

Yes, the games will be made available in the store a few weeks after the show. I'm not going to promise an exact date right now. I will say there are about twelve new games coming out. Details of the games will be posted soon.

..Al

#21 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 34,042 posts

Posted Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:46 PM

So I've never been and this year I was thinking of going, but I'm not sure if it's in my budget to make a flight - Has anyone been? Is it really awesome?

I think it's a great show. Fairly big and spacious venue, lots to see and do, huge arcade, lots of speakers and talks, tournaments, and so much more. Very well attended also--one of the busiest classic gaming events I've ever attended, and they seem to be growing every year. I'd recommend looking for some photos of past events, and even better, videos. Since I at tend as a vendor I'm usually planted somewhere in the booth, so don't get to explore as much as I'd like.

Where would you be flying in from?

..Al

#22 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Commander

• 32,452 posts
  • Cartridge Recycler

Posted Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:50 PM

https://www.youtube....query=prge 2014

#23 gamegalaxy OFFLINE  

gamegalaxy

Star Raider

• 92 posts

Posted Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:27 PM

Where would you be flying in from?

..Al

I'd be coming from LA - so not too far

#24 ComputerSpaceFan OFFLINE  

ComputerSpaceFan

River Patroller

• 2,133 posts

Posted Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:04 PM

Forgive me for pimping my own video as well here. And yes, yes the show is definitely worth checking out.

#25 Omegamatrix OFFLINE  

Omegamatrix

Quadrunner

• 6,125 posts

Posted Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:42 PM

..Al

Millipede has also now been converted to run a CX22 Trak-Ball, in case you missed it. :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users