IGNORED

Best Homebrews To Start With?

Airsoftman819

Space Rocks?

Honestly there's too many games to name off without knowing what type of game you're into. Many store games have videos, screenshots, and reviews posted.

BTW, you can't buy just one game. I started in 2012 and no have a metric ton of Atari Homebrews now. ;)

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

I also like Blinky goes up and Lady Bug.

I also recently got Gingerbread Man. But I'm stuck in level 1 :( I checked youtube for clues but the first level seems to be different from my version. There are no fires, infact there are no enemies at all in my version of the game. And the color is brown instead of blue. I wonder if I have a faulty version or if I just suck at it. Anybody here ever played Gingerbread Man before?

Space Rocks?

Honestly there's too many games to name off without knowing what type of game you're into. Many store games have videos, screenshots, and reviews posted.

BTW, you can't buy just one game. I started in 2012 and no have a metric ton of Atari Homebrews now. ;)

Well I'm a big fan of shooters like Defender, Space Jockey, Also games like Asteroids.

You can download ROMs for most of the homebrews to try them out before you buy. Use the ROM with Stella on your computer, or the Harmony Cartridge on your actual Atari.

For my games, these are finished:

These are WIP:

• Like 1

If you like turn based RPGs then you should consider Dungeon to be an absolute "must buy" game. It's a very unique title and you won't find any other game that captures the genre so well on the 2600. It's absolutely astonishing that a game like this can even exist on the 2600, and the randomized item locations and starting stats every time you play give it a whole lot of replay value. Any time I need an RPG fix and have half an hour to kill, this and Adventure have become my go-to games. If you can afford it, I'd also recommend shelling out the extra $5 for the Dungeon poster. The map will really come in handy the first few times you play and don't know your way around the dungeon levels yet (though there are still a lot of secret hidden rooms that aren't on the map that you'll just have to discover for yourself) and it makes a great bit of gaming memorabilia to frame and hang on your wall once you don't need to use it anymore. :)

Edited by Jin

I have Thrust+ DC Edition and it is superb. Totally recommend it to anyone who is up for a challenge.

Thrust+ DC is excellent. I even purchased a foot pedal controller just for this game. I love the graphics and game physics, very challenging.

• Like 1