IGNORED

Best Homebrews To Start With?

Airsoftman819

Works well I think. Although, it may be easier to control with just a joystick, adding the foot pedal makes me feel like I'm really piloting the ship. I set the Yellow and Green foot pedal buttons to tractor and thrust respectively and rotate and fire via the joystick. No matter what controller configuration you choose, this game is very challenging, but you will want to play it again and again.

This was one of my very first Homebrew purchases and I recommend it to everyone. Well worth the $25.00. I love the vector style graphics, the title song is amazing as well as the overall in game sounds. I don't even mind when I lose my final life, because the tune at the end sounds cool too. You won't tire of this game; instead you too will want to play it over and over.

BTW, if you don't have/like using the foot pedal controller, you can stick with a standard joystick or joystick and Omega Race Booster Grip combo. :-D

• Like 1

Nothing that useful to add other than to agree with all the games that have already been mentioned. Space Rocks and Juno First are excellent shooters. Since you're into that genre you really can't go wrong...

To be honest, I don't actually own Juno First. I just play it on my Harmony cart at the moment. As soon as the Atarivox+ is back in stock in the AA store I'll be buying both! :)

• Like 2

Nothing that useful to add other than to agree with all the games that have already been mentioned. Space Rocks and Juno First are excellent shooters. Since you're into that genre you really can't go wrong...

To be honest, I don't actually own Juno First. I just play it on my Harmony cart at the moment. As soon as the Atarivox+ is back in stock in the AA store I'll be buying both! :)

How do I get a hold of one of those Harmony carts? I'd love to pick one of those up as well.

How do I get a hold of one of those Harmony carts? I'd love to pick one of those up as well.

Order it from that link I provided

There's 3 versions: SD, MicroSD, and Encore. I recommend the Encore, it supports games up to 512K in size while the other two max out at 32K.

• Like 1

Space Rocks is essential if you're an Asteroids fan. It is a brilliant game. If Asteroids is a staple official release than I'd say Space Rocks is a staple homebrew.

I'm quite fond of A-VCS-Tec Challenge (old but impressive) and Toyshop Trouble (holiday themed but fun year round!)