1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hey Kevtris, side topic on your video. I need to get a new office chair, I like the one your sitting in, can you tell me which one it is and where you got it?
Maybe info is on the underside if you don't remember.

Thanks,
Keep up the amazing work.

Naah. I made my FPGA NES back in 2004-2005 timeframe for most of the code/mappers. Bunnyboy developed the AVS independently and as such is totally different from mine code/hardware wise. His was started back in 2013-2014 AFAIR going by dates on the prototype PCB. I don't know much about his core actually other than what I could see when Jason and I opened his up and looked at it. I stuck a meter on a few places too. There's a video of it somewhere, I think Jason's channel has it.

ah here it is. It's two parts. First part here:

The naivity on the last couple of pages is astounding.

Kevtris & Analogue have already teamed up on two incredibly successful products. They are both at the top of their game, a match made in heaven, the money is rollin in, why stop now? Why on earth wouldn't this be the follow up? It's a no brainer.

No talk of zimba or cores in a long time, why do you think that is? The zimba 3000 has been cannibalized.

The next product will 99.9% be the Analogue Super NT and Kevtris is currently working on it, as well as finishing off all of his 16 bit cores for the inevitable first month official firmware hack. We probably won't get an announcement for quite a while however. But like id software used to say...."when it's ready".

I just hope it comes in under 600$, and holy hell will this thing sell like hotcakes.

nearly exactly what I was trying to say, perhaps failed!

Though expect only a basic SNES core would be released with a new product, due to the time available, no need for SuperFX for now as thats included on carts (though i'm sure Kevin will get around to it). Suspect would take time for further 16bit cores (other than those already completed). Of course this time will be bundled with the 8bitdo SNES style wireless controller.

Edited by Radfoo

I just want something that sounds like the original hardware. I'm willing to pay for it, particularly if it can either use my existing Everdrives or play from an SD card. Also I want composite and/or S-Video, since it'll be plugged into my CRT TV. Definitely would be a supporter of something that'll do 16-bit. Even if it's the same price as the Analog NT Mini, if it'll replace my 8-bit and 16-bit systems (or at least save wear and tear on them) then it's a good buy in my book.

All I know is if Kevtris programs it I'm buying it. I would love an analogue 16 bit system with jail broken firmware.

SNES (with jail break features) is my hope. Announced after the next pre-order of NT Minis go out and around the time of the snes classic hits store shelves is when I hope we have an announcement if not before then.

Wishful thinking I can play tg-16 or neogeo soon somehow.

Hey Kevtris, side topic on your video. I need to get a new office chair, I like the one your sitting in, can you tell me which one it is and where you got it?

Maybe info is on the underside if you don't remember.

Thanks,

Keep up the amazing work.

This chair is a POS. I've only had it 3 years but it's nearly shot. I got it at staples. The "leather' is already falling off, and the right arm rest broke off, because it was held on with one of those riveted nut deals. The screw holding the arm rest on goes into a nut, which is riveted to the seat pan. It came out. So I installed a nut and bolt to fix it. It won't break again there, but I am thinking of replacing it already since it's pretty craptacular now. The foam on the seat's breaking down and the foam in the right arm rest is mostly gone. I had staples poking my arm too, I had to bend those down. Next time I'm getting one of those tensioned nylon backed chairs; they seem to hold up a lot better and are comfortable.

• Like 3

I had a similar chair (from Staples) and it was horrible. Doesn't last more than a couple years and gets mighty uncomfortable. The fake leather was peeling and ended up everywhere. But although it looked ok at first it just made me feel sore at the end of a day...

At work we have these super nice chairs. Generation by Knoll. I've honestly felt so much better and healthier. The chairs don't look like much but they just leave me feeling great at the end of the day. They are expensive but if you factor in how much time you sit in these things it becomes apparent that this is one area in life where you really need to make an investment. Not only for physical health but mental health... so I decided why not order one of these things for home..

Here's the chair I just ordered from Knoll:

https://www.knoll.com/product/generation-by-knoll

• Like 1

. As a side bonus, there's liquid nitrogen on hand at all times, so I like to do little experiments now and again with it!

Put some in a soda bottle half full of water, throw it in an office trashcan, and lie low for a bit... Pretty sure the boss and everyone else will get a "bang" out of it!!! :evil:

nearly exactly what I was trying to say, perhaps failed!

Though expect only a basic SNES core would be released with a new product, due to the time available, no need for SuperFX for now as thats included on carts (though i'm sure Kevin will get around to it). Suspect would take time for further 16bit cores (other than those already completed). Of course this time will be bundled with the 8bitdo SNES style wireless controller.

Kevin has not yet flat out admitted the secret project isn't snes related, therefore it must be until prooven otherwise! :grin:

I had a similar chair (from Staples) and it was horrible. Doesn't last more than a couple years and gets mighty uncomfortable. The fake leather was peeling and ended up everywhere. But although it looked ok at first it just made me feel sore at the end of a day...

At work we have these super nice chairs. Generation by Knoll. I've honestly felt so much better and healthier. The chairs don't look like much but they just leave me feeling great at the end of the day. They are expensive but if you factor in how much time you sit in these things it becomes apparent that this is one area in life where you really need to make an investment. Not only for physical health but mental health... so I decided why not order one of these things for home..

Here's the chair I just ordered from Knoll:

https://www.knoll.com/product/generation-by-knoll

those tensioned back chairs (sitting on a tempurpedic right now) always lose tension. then again i do tend to abuse my computer chairs sitting sideways on them and stuff. i wouldn't buy one again, let alone pay 800$ for one. the search continues...

• Like 1

I'd take another look at Knoll. They're designed to be sat in in many many ways and last a very long time... promise I don't work for them ;)

Let's just say a very large tech company decided to fill 2 block sized offices with them, and they're as good as new.

• Like 1

Have a HiDef NES question if someone have some knowledge in this.

1. Are there any way to see what kind of CPU/PPU, NTSC or PAL that is.

2. If I still wanna use composite, do the HDMI and composite work at the same time? Since the clock are internally generated in the kit? So that means that it will match HDMI standards even in composite? 60Hz rather than 59.something?

Have a HiDef NES question if someone have some knowledge in this.

1. Are there any way to see what kind of CPU/PPU, NTSC or PAL that is.

2. If I still wanna use composite, do the HDMI and composite work at the same time? Since the clock are internally generated in the kit? So that means that it will match HDMI standards even in composite? 60Hz rather than 59.something?

Answers :

1. Open up the shell and look at the chips or play a game like Elite that works correctly in PAL consoles but is obviously unplayable with NTSC consoles.

2. You cannot use composite and HDMI at the same time. Unplug the HDMI cable to get your composite back. In HDMI mode, the system is slowed down to a pure 60Hz or 50Hz, but when HDMI mode is disabled as indicated in the previous sentence, the composite will use the official 60.0988Hz or 50.0070Hz. It will be as if the system was not modded at all.

I'd take another look at Knoll. They're designed to be sat in in many many ways and last a very long time... promise I don't work for them ;)

Let's just say a very large tech company decided to fill 2 block sized offices with them, and they're as good as new.

that isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. very large tech companies love to waste countless dollars on complete garbage. seeing as they don't actually have to spend money on producing anything but hot air. if i ran the place it'd be 50$ chairs, and i'd pay the janitors better. if you're talking about google or shitbook, this statement goes double. if you're talking about twitter or snapchat, it's times 4.

theres no physical way those backs don't stretch out in 2 years after daily use, and the plastic parts look like theres about 10x the places to break as a normal chair. you'll see.

Edited by Tusecsy

Actually this large tech company invested this money because it's a good quality product. It also may lower or nullify the possibility of a lawsuit if someone claims injury. And they will last longer than cheap chairs that need to constantly be replaced. So it's in their interest to provide the best quality chairs possible.

After 1.5 years of sitting in this chair at work, it's exactly as it was on day one. Perhaps the next six months will see a major difference? We shall see. I'll keep you posted. ;)

Actually this large tech company invested this money because it's a good quality product. It also may lower or nullify the possibility of a lawsuit if someone claims injury. And they will last longer than cheap chairs that need to constantly be replaced. So it's in their interest to provide the best quality chairs possible.

After 1.5 years of sitting in this chair at work, it's exactly as it was on day one. Perhaps the next six months will see a major difference? We shall see. I'll keep you posted. ;)

And how many other chairs have been messed up in the same time period? That's the real question. You apparently have 100s there so you have the case study. It is physically impossible for any kind of stretchy material to hold its form after years of heavy use. Maybe you weigh 120 lbs? I don't know.

I'd rather go buy another 3-4 tempurpedics than one piece of made in china "assembled in the usa" garbage.

And Knolls stock is down 33% from the start of the year. Wonder why that is since they have such a killer product.

Edited by Tusecsy

those tensioned back chairs (sitting on a tempurpedic right now) always lose tension. then again i do tend to abuse my computer chairs sitting sideways on them and stuff. i wouldn't buy one again, let alone pay 800$ for one. the search continues...

that isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. very large tech companies love to waste countless dollars on complete garbage. seeing as they don't actually have to spend money on producing anything but hot air. if i ran the place it'd be 50$ chairs, and i'd pay the janitors better. if you're talking about google or shitbook, this statement goes double. if you're talking about twitter or snapchat, it's times 4.

theres no physical way those backs don't stretch out in 2 years after daily use, and the plastic parts look like theres about 10x the places to break as a normal chair. you'll see.

And how many other chairs have been messed up in the same time period? That's the real question. You apparently have 100s there so you have the case study. It is physically impossible for any kind of stretchy material to hold its form after years of heavy use. Maybe you weigh 120 lbs? I don't know.

I'd rather go buy another 3-4 tempurpedics than one piece of made in china "assembled in the usa" garbage.

And Knolls stock is down 33% from the start of the year. Wonder why that is since they have such a killer product.

Just go to the goodwill and shop around. Try out all the chairs that someone else already broke in. If it's still super duper comfortable after years of heavy use, then buy it on the spot for pennies, or get a new one from the same brand if it still exists.

You go to the office store be forwarned: if it is made of highly conforming material, it may feel heavenly when you try it in store, then go flat in a week's time.

Just go to the goodwill and shop around. Try out all the chairs that someone else already broke in. If it's still super duper comfortable after years of heavy use, then buy it on the spot for pennies, or get a new one from the same brand if it still exists.

You go to the office store be forwarned: if it is made of highly conforming material, it may feel heavenly when you try it in store, then go flat in a week's time.

Et tu, Brute?

.... it seems matters of the back bottom are prominently important ... well to be fair body organs meeting joke

Our dear skeptic, I hear that the Judas chair is mighty strong and holds its form after years of heavy use. Do check it out. :grin:

I understand that the matter of the fpga master's back bottom resting place is "important" but can we have a different thread for that?

It is true that one person's ass is "retro" as in rearward but still ... I vote for moving it.

Ah yes, this thread goes where it goes. Like a drunken wanderer drifting astray, yet always ending back at the same place eventually. At more than 3300 posts, one does hope that it doesn't start a flurry of 1500 chair posts. That said, this rather heated chair debate may perhaps give new life to this not-quuuite-as-successful thread right here.

It seems like that thread is in need of some love.

Ah yes, I call these the 'femme fatales' of the office store. I look at them with a wary eye.

Et tu, Brute?

.... it seems matters of the back bottom are prominently important ... well to be fair body organs meeting joke

Ah, one is in charge right now of our superpower friend to the south. But alas, I do not quite want to take this thread to such places.

Edited by brentonius

I understand that the matter of the fpga master's back bottom resting place is "important" but can we have a different thread for that?

It is true that one person's ass is "retro" as in rearward but still ... I vote for moving it.

Butbutbutbut (butt?) my bum's resting place is really important here! I think its discussion is pretty much run to the end though, if you know what I mean. Seriously though, I sit in the chair at least 12 hours a day and work most of that time so having a good chair is pretty important. This one's reached the end of its usage cycle. I am going to check out that knoll chair, it looked pretty cool. I have one of those taut fabric back chairs at work that's like 6 or 7 years old now and I like it.

• Like 4

Butbutbutbut (butt?) my bum's resting place is really important here! I think its discussion is pretty much run to the end though, if you know what I mean. Seriously though, I sit in the chair at least 12 hours a day and work most of that time so having a good chair is pretty important. This one's reached the end of its usage cycle. I am going to check out that knoll chair, it looked pretty cool. I have one of those taut fabric back chairs at work that's like 6 or 7 years old now and I like it.

I use a maxnomic pro chief TBE and the approach they have is that the lumbar support should be done via a pillow which also makes it easily replaceable and avoids any retention issues over time. The one issue is that it is a bit firm with the seat padding and that hurts my tailbone after awhile so I picked up a seat cover that doesn't have any padding in the tailbone area and while it is a bit of a pain to get the seat cushion and the lumbar support pillow situated when first sitting down once I'm settled I don't have any comfort issues.

Seat.png

I use a maxnomic pro chief TBE and the approach they have is that the lumbar support should be done via a pillow which also makes it easily replaceable and avoids any retention issues over time. The one issue is that it is a bit firm with the seat padding and that hurts my tailbone after awhile so I picked up a seat cover that doesn't have any padding in the tailbone area and while it is a bit of a pain to get the seat cushion and the lumbar support pillow situated when first sitting down once I'm settled I don't have any comfort issues.

Seat.png

Baby got back!!!....pillow. Sorry couldn't resist.

Calling me Judas! How dare you! (well, finally someone gets me on these forums, that Jesus had it comin' I tell ya).