1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I believe that NT Mini and AVS were important not because they filled a need, but because they were groundbreaking in quality and attention to detail. They showcased technical excellence.

The PC industry is in the shitter because of all the middlemen and middleware, and the cheapest of cheap materials being used. When I got my 486 I could stand on the fucker. Nowadays the case won't support a monitor without sagging - if you set it up traditionally. The only remaining bright spot in PCs today is the continued evolution of the processor and memory subsystems. Everything else is so meh.

This "racing to the bottom" crap has a more widespread origin than just China. China's outstanding manufacturing capability is merely an enabler. If you want, those factories will build you a quality product you can be proud of.

• Like 2

kevtris nonchalantly writes a SNES core, seriously impressive work. Would I be correct to assume if this clone does SD card rom loading as well, you're talking non-enhancement chip games only?

speaking of which, kevtris any chance you could toss together say a superfx core for the sd2snes in your spare time? Just thought I'd ask. :lol:

I'm skeptical about not having analog out for some CRT goodness, but I'll just convert the HDMI to VGA I guess... pre-ordered. It'll look nice next to my NT Mini, which I use A LOT lol. Having the SD slot pushed me into the "but it now" category even though I have a perfectly good SNES original and SNES Classic.

This doesn't make any sense. If you want analog out, just use the SNES you already have. Why would you buy a converter for this when you already own original hardware? :ponder:

Edited by keepdreamin
  • Like 2

I cannot comment on such things at this time.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. Yes it works.

Hmm, How about MSU support (SD2SNES), seems like it would need to digitize the analog audio to send it over HDMI, or the SD2SNES could be "updated" to detect the Super NT and pass a digital signal.

Hmm, How about MSU support (SD2SNES), seems like it would need to digitize the analog audio to send it over HDMI, or the SD2SNES could be "updated" to detect the Super NT and pass a digital signal.

audio in on the cart port is digitized and sent out the HDMI. you can turn it off and change the volume.

• Like 3

Kevtris, not sure if you'll be able to answer any of these but I'll ask anyway...

Any comment on when you expect to have time to resume Z3000 specific work or other personal projects?

Are you a full time Analogue employee now or is it just full time work for the time being?

Any interesting stories you can share about the SNES FPGA development? Biggest hurdle? Unexpected surprise? Anything you can share? :)

Intrested in the making of this core aswell. My understanding is that the NES core made for the Nt Mini was made years earlyer and waited on the "shelf" for the perfect moment. But this was made this year?

That is impressive! Suppose its not 100% done yet, but maybe early next year.

This might results in a Hi-Def-SNES kit? That would also be awesome!

There were at least 6-7 NTT Data Super Famicom controllers (the ones with the numpad in the middle) on ebay as early as this morning. Did you all snatch all of these while I was procrastinating in anticipation of a Colecovision core on the Super NT?

Shit! I should have thought of that! I just checked, and there are none to find on eBay right now, except a couple that were modded to work on ColecoVision and Intellivision. :(

Ordered one, hopefully will have jailbreak.

I do wonder about the jailbreak, I can see analogue not wanting the nes core on it as that will take away sales from the NT mini, unless sales of that system have already run there course?

Of course mega drive etc. cores dont yet exist. Of course popular systems like that is again another product they might want to sell.

Edited by Radfoo
  • Like 1

I went for SFC, can't really tell you why though?!

That's the one I placed in my cart to check shipping.

Leaning to the transparent tho.. :)

Think we should see a jailbreak like a bonus if it will happen. Quite stressing to promise something from Kevs point of view.

• Like 2

I want to start off by saying, I truly appreciate all the hard work Kevtris and Analogue have done, making these devices possible. I'm the proud owner of a Nt mini and consider it one of my most prized possessions in my retro gaming collection. I absolutely love it!

That said, if you want certain features in the Snes Nt, you should probably address your concerns directly to Analogue before making a pre-order purchase. It's really important for Analogue to hear your feedback, as opposed to getting lost in a forum. We can all help make Analogue the best ever! :)

1.) Ability to load roms directly from SD card
2.) Jailbreak cores
3.) Snes Nt model with Analogue video support
4.) Other

• Like 3

I see a lot of speculation about how Analogue will market future products. Howzabout we not get ahead of ourselves, enjoy this one *for what it is* and if there are some yummy extras, that's great, too? It's 4 months away. Let's not pre-emptively nerd-rage against it for what it *might not* be.

Sounds good, but for me, when the "Core Store"TM opens, that will be when I buy this product. I don't need a $190 SNES, but a high quality system that plays all or most of my favorite games for under $200 is something I would buy.

• Like 4

Sounds good, but for me, when the "Core Store"TM opens, that will be when I buy this product. I don't need a $190 SNES, but a high quality system that plays all or most of my favorite games for under $200 is something I would buy.

Exactly. The core store would make this amazing.

Everybody wants the "core store," but you can understand why they wouldn't want to promise it in their pre-sell announcements, right? Nintendo's lawyers (and probably the lawyers from shambling corpse of Atari) would be up their ass so fast and so hard, the product might not come out at all.

I have faith that Analogue/Kevtris do the right thing by us, and have already put my money on it. People who want to wait and see are playing it safe, but could run the risk of missing out or having to wait longer to get a machine.

• Like 3

People who want to wait and see are playing it safe, but could run the risk of missing out or having to wait longer to get a machine.

No need to be afraid - this ain't no SNES Classic Edition :)

If these are the same great quality we've come to expect from Analogue, they should have no trouble pumping them out to meet demand. Plastic injection moulded shells probably make things easier on the manufacturing side.

I waited until the second batch, after Jailbreak was announced to order my Nt mini, and only had to wait 3 weeks. No biggie :)

• Like 1

Everybody wants the "core store," but you can understand why they wouldn't want to promise it in their pre-sell announcements, right? Nintendo's lawyers (and probably the lawyers from shambling corpse of Atari) would be up their ass so fast and so hard, the product might not come out at all.

I have faith that Analogue/Kevtris do the right thing by us, and have already put my money on it. People who want to wait and see are playing it safe, but could run the risk of missing out or having to wait longer to get a machine.

No way am I playing this one safe. The Super NT is exactly what I've been begging for, and I'll buy it before there's the "core store" because I'm willing to bet $190 that it'll come in relatively short order. :D

• Like 1

Package forwarding (just choose a good service).

I really don't see how introducing a commercial middle man into the equation could possible reduce the overall shipping. After all, people have already complained about the high shipping cost with in the US. I checked a few of these package forwarding services and as I expected the total cost would greatly exceed that of having it shipped direct.

Part of the issue here is Analogue is only offering shipping by DHL Express. Even at the elevated price of this it doesn't even include brokerage and tax. I would much rather see USPS offered as an option where at least the shipping cost should be much more reasonable.

It's going to be a long winter. I rolled the dice and pre-ordered because I too expect the core store to open for business after launch (at least for the existing 8-bit cores) and I would imagine that in the same vein that Christopher Taber indicated he won't be making a stripped down Mini Nt, that there probably won't continue to be many future runs of the Mini Nt after the current batch comes out. More than likely there will be a NES cartridge adapter and the option to use 8bitdo NES styled controllers for the Super Nt. I'm *hoping* that wired controller adapters become a thing as well. When that happens the Mini Nt will be retired like the other earlier Analogue products. the pricepoint of the Mini doesn't make long-term sense alongside the Super Nt.

Edited by RevQuixo
  • Like 1

So, just went through the checkout process again and, like others have seen, the shipping cost has now reduced. Or more accurately, there are now two shipping options, both one named "DHL Express" at $49.99 and the other "DHL Express 2" at $32.35. Very confusing, but at least the shipping is now more reasonable than before.

What's the advantage of pre-ordering with Analogue? Will the price likey be much higher when pre-orders are finished?