1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Went back and forth with analogue support and figured out the system doesn't like my 4k monitor. If you didn't see my earlier post some audio wouldn't work on some.games and other games wouldn't work at all.

I tried it on a 1080 tv and a 4k tv with no problems. I also tried analog out and analog out works fine when hooked up to my 4k monitor. Not happy about it... Now I need a 3.5 mm switch box to use both sources at once.

Made a video showing the NT mini static in Solstice. It sounds perfectly fine ingame at first, and I'm not exactly sure what causes the static to start. You can hear it pretty clearly and it gets worse the more you play, though.

Edited by rezb1t

Just fixed the 7800 composite issue. It will be updated tomorrow on the next release.

This is why Zimba Labs kicks @$$! Thank you for your expertise and dedication to the community. That along with your unselfishness is exactly why I will always support your work. I know you are a modest person and aren't asking, but you really need to set up a Patreon. You will be very surprised at the amount of support the community will provide. Set it up and mention it once. The rest will take care of itself. It will help fund your projects and allow you to acquire additional tools and equipment. I would be at the front of the line. Thanks again. Jason.

A question for Kevtris:

I believe you mentioned that the GB/GBC cores are "frame buffer systems". Do you use a frame buffer to convert the gameboy's non standard refresh rate to something more HDMI compliant or do you increase/decrease the clock speed? Also, for analog video output for GB/C do you just output at the native (non-standard) refresh rate like the Game Boy Interface Ultra Low Latency on the Gamecube's GB Player does? IIRC PVMs can handle this refresh rate.

yes it's a frame buffer. The problem with GB is when the LCD is turned off (games do this all the time, i.e. between levels) and turned back on the scan is now "out of step" with the CRT/HDMI refresh. This would cause lots of problems, either a rolling screen, black screen, etc. while it resynchs. The frame buffer fixes that. The other solution would be to stop the GB during LCD on until the scan matches up, but that's fairly difficult to do and would cause audio burps. So there's no real good solution for everything.

Made a video showing the NT mini static in Solstice. It sounds perfectly fine ingame at first, and I'm not exactly sure what causes the static to start. You can hear it pretty clearly and it gets worse the more you play, though.

thanks for the video, I will try to reproduce it and fix what's causing it.

• Like 2

It's firmware friday time again! This time, I have added another three cores. They are Arcadia 2001, Creativision, and Channel F. Now you can play 1976's technology... today! in 1080p! umm for some reason. Anyways, the Arcadia 2001 might have a few issues but I tested it against real hardware. Note too that there's A LOT of systems that are similar, so games might/might not work on this depending on the revision of hardware. All the US releases should work, though. I noticed that there's some prototypes of various games floating around with graphic issues, but the release/production games do not. So just be aware of that.

Anyways, on with the show. You can get it here:

http://blog.kevtris.org/blogfiles/ntm_firmware_verJB1.7.zip

Changes:

* Added the Arcadia 2001 core.
* Added the Channel F core.
* Added the Creativision core.
* Fixed the 7800 composite/s-vid outputs to produce proper carrier.

• Like 8

Would something like the Famicom Network controller be able to be used for the systems with numpads?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Network-Controller-Pad-HVC-051-for-Famicom-JAPAN-/132119226681?hash=item1ec2eb6939:g:8MIAAOSwB09YK8cJ

Edit:

It looks like this controller plugs into the famicom expansion port rather than an NES/AV Famicom controller port, like I originally thought.

Edited by cfillak
  • Like 1

It's firmware friday time again! This time, I have added another three cores. They are Arcadia 2001, Creativision, and Channel F. Now you can play 1976's technology... today! in 1080p! umm for some reason. Anyways, the Arcadia 2001 might have a few issues but I tested it against real hardware. Note too that there's A LOT of systems that are similar, so games might/might not work on this depending on the revision of hardware. All the US releases should work, though. I noticed that there's some prototypes of various games floating around with graphic issues, but the release/production games do not. So just be aware of that.

Anyways, on with the show. You can get it here:

http://blog.kevtris.org/blogfiles/ntm_firmware_verJB1.7.zip

Changes:

* Added the Arcadia 2001 core.

* Added the Channel F core.

* Added the Creativision core.

* Fixed the 7800 composite/s-vid outputs to produce proper carrier.

I can't hold my feelings back anymore.. I love you Kevtris! :lust:

Would something like the Famicom Network controller be able to be used for the systems with numpads?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-Network-Controller-Pad-HVC-051-for-Famicom-JAPAN-/132119226681?hash=item1ec2eb6939:g:8MIAAOSwB09YK8cJ

Edit:

It looks like this controller plugs into the famicom expansion port rather than an NES/AV Famicom controller port, like I originally thought.

I believe someone asked about this before and kevtris said he added it to the list.

Edited by simbin

Thanks kevtris! Appreciate it :)

Made some videos comparing Namco Classic II behavior. The ROM from No-intro/smokemonster's pack is definitely a good rom. My Everdrive N8 + unmodded AV Famicom works with the same rom that crashes in the NES core. A hi-def nes modded AV Famicom works with the Everdrive as well..

Weirdly enough, the Everdrive N8 + NT Mini also displays some weird behavior. I don't have the cart to try unfortunately.

Hi-Def AV Famicom + Everdrive (correct behavior)

NT Mini (v1.7JB) + Everdrive N8 (doesn't crash... but something doesn't seem right either)

NT Mini (v1.7JB) NES Core (crashes)

I'll do some comparisons of the other N163 game that crashes later

Edited by rezb1t
  • Like 3

Thanks kevtris! Appreciate it icon_smile.gif

Made some videos comparing Namco Classic II behavior. The ROM from No-intro/smokemonster's pack is definitely a good rom. My Everdrive N8 + unmodded AV Famicom works with the same rom that crashes in the NES core. A hi-def nes modded AV Famicom works with the Everdrive as well..

Weirdly enough, the Everdrive N8 + NT Mini also displays some weird behavior. Wish I had the actual cart to try in the NT Mini as a comparison.

NT Mini (v1.7JB) + Everdrive N8 (doesn't crash... but something doesn't seem right either)

NT Mini (v1.7JB) NES Core (crashes)

I'll do some comparisons of the other N163 game that crashes later

Sangokushi II - Haou no Tairiku also black screens. Both games use N163 audio, so maybe it has something to with that.

What do you guys suggest for Gameboy color and gamegear Roms. Any certain format?

For any set that is covered by Smokemonster I can not suggest strongly enough you go with the "smokemonster multi rom set" (should be the first google search result, sorry I can't link you). The packs are super well organized, set up for fast loading times, include popular fan modded games, popular homebrew games, and no senseless duplicates.

For Gameboy color I suggest the "No Intro" roms. They focus on exact backups with no hacks, no corrupt files, and no repeats. (If you don't know where to get it just google "No Intro rom set", should be the first result.)

• Like 1

The A.W.E.S.O.M.E. story of the Core Store so far..........

Straight from the first post it seems this would be the candidate list of supported cores:

* Sega Master System

* Game Gear
* Colecovision
* NES/Famicom
* Atari 2600
* Atari 7800
* Intellivision
* Odyssey^2
* Adventure Vision
* Supervision
* RCA Studio 2
* Fairchild Channel F
* Videobrain
* Arcadia 2001
* Creativision
* Gameboy
* Gameboy Color (not 100% yet, still debugging. runs 99% of games so far)

Bonus:

* SG-1000

* Gamate

* Gameking

Unknown if they can make it:

* PCE/TG16

* SuperGrafx (?)

* Megadrive (?)

Out of reach for Nt mini (confirmed?):

* SNES

* NeoGeo

Promised/rumored portables:

* Game.com

* Atari Lynx

* Mega Duck/Cougar Boy

* NeoGeo Pocket Color

* Wonderswan Color

(last 2 hopefully also the B&W variant)

Missing in action/unaccounted/undisclosed/don't know ..... but 8 bits:

* Astrocade

* 1292 APVS \ VC 4000

* APF Imagination Machine

* Bandai Super Vision 8000

* Epoch Cassette Vision

* Vectrex (it'd be cool if it can pilot an oscilloscope as monitor)

* Atari 5200

* Casio PV-1000

* Gakken Compact Vision

* Epoch Super Cassette Vision

* Daewoo Zemmix (maybe just the MSX1 variant)

* Atari XEGS (well, you know ... :) )

* Commodore 64 GS

* Amstrad GX4000

Other 16bits cart based:

* Super A'Can

NOTE: My copying the usage of the sign after Core Store is not random, but to lend some help if kevtris decides to actually go for ® (that is registered) if he sees it fit for his needs. is weaker to defend but the more accept it the merrier!!

• Like 2

The story so far..........

Straight from the first post it seems this would be the candidate list of supported cores:

* Sega Master System

* Game Gear

* Colecovision

* NES/Famicom

* Atari 2600

* Atari 7800

* Intellivision

* Odyssey^2

* Adventure Vision

* Supervision

* RCA Studio 2

* Fairchild Channel F

* Videobrain

* Arcadia 2001

* Creativision

* Gameboy

Bonus:

* SG-1000

* Gamate

* Gameking

* PCE/TG16 maybe SuperGrafx

* Megadrive (?)

* SNES

* NeoGeo

* Astrocade

* 1292 APVS \ VC 4000

* Epoch Cassette Vision

* Atari 5200

* Casio PV-1000

* Gakken Compact Vision

* Atari XEGS (well, you know ... icon_smile.gif )

* Commodore 64 GS

* Amstrad GX4000

Other 16bits cart based:

* Super A'Can

No mention of Wonderswan or Neo Geo Pocket Color? And yes Neo Geo is officially not going to be supported by the nt mini.

There are some difference between these two vids.

Aside from the obvious graphics corruption I noticed slight differences in the sound drop-off and timbre. That can probably adjusted out.

The A.W.E.S.O.M.E. story of the Core Store so far..........

* Sega Master System

* Game Gear

* Colecovision

* NES/Famicom

* Atari 2600

* Atari 7800

* Intellivision

* Odyssey^2

* Adventure Vision

* Supervision

* RCA Studio 2

* Fairchild Channel F

* Videobrain

* Arcadia 2001

* Creativision

* Gameboy

Bonus:

* SG-1000

* Gamate

* Gameking

* PCE/TG16 maybe SuperGrafx

* Megadrive (?)

* SNES

* NeoGeo

* Astrocade

* 1292 APVS \ VC 4000

* Epoch Cassette Vision

* Atari 5200

* Casio PV-1000

* Gakken Compact Vision

* Atari XEGS (well, you know ... :) )

* Commodore 64 GS

* Amstrad GX4000

Other 16bits cart based:

* Super A'Can

NOTE: My copying the usage of the sign after Core Store is not random, but to lend some help if kevtris decides to actually go for ® (that is registered) if he sees it fit for his needs. is weaker to defend but the more accept it the merrier!!

Kevtris has said he's interested in doing Atari Lynx, Game.com, and I believe I read someone on here sent him a Mega Duck to poke around with.

No mention of Wonderswan or Neo Geo Pocket Color? And yes Neo Geo is officially not going to be supported by the nt mini.

Kevtris has said he's interested in doing Atari Lynx, Game.com, and I believe I read someone on here sent him a Mega Duck to poke around with.

Guess it shows how little I care about portable/handheld gaming .... anyhow I'll amend the post!

EDIT: Post amended with the 5 suggested portables/handhelds, to be fair Wondersan and NGPC are 16bits which in general so far have not appeared at all on the Nt Mini (ok ok the Intellivision may appear shortly). And yes the NEC D777C in the Epoch Cassette Vision is technically a 12bits microcontroller.

Maybe a trusted member of the community should immediately register it, since k seems busy with core updates and all that. Then when the time comes it can be transfered back to him for a dollar.