IGNORED

Colecovision / Adam boxes

Tkat5200

There are a few homebrew/prototype games that I have carts and/or clamshell boxes for and i wondered if there were ever repro boxes made in more of the traditional style US Coleco or CBS Box like the Spectar, Squares boxes, etc:

Astro Invader

Bankruptcy Builder

Cix

Cosmo Fighter 2

Cosmo Fighter 3

Cye

Deflektor Collection

Jet Pack

Monster Masher

Mr. Do's Wild Ride

Reversi

Schlange CV

Search for the Stolen Crown Jewels Series

Shunting Puzzle

Steamroller

Terra Attack

And if the answer is "no" what would it take to get some of these made? I'd be willing to help out in any way I can!

I have a few U.S. Spectar boxes remaining. These are awesome, and a true likeness to the originals. I might have some others too.

All my boxes have my copyright at the bottom, so there's no fakery or deception. Simply a modern box that bears the likeness of a game where there is no original.

I have a Spectar box, but not sure if it's yours. It doesn't have your copyright at the bottom like my DK box does. Not sure who made this one...

12023206_10156125062610370_1385712252_n.jpg

12033761_10156125062715370_1463209188_n.jpg

Correct, not mine. I am thinking that someone copied mine, as it took me many hours to recreate that arcade cabinet at 600 dpi (couldn't find a decent photo out there on the web), not to mention the marquee!

Also mine is 100% font-correct as all my productions have been since my second rev. of the DK box. That one is not. :)

If you look towards the bottom of my "CV & ADAM Collectors List" which you can download in the pinned thread, you will se a very complete list of CV game boxes that have been made over the years y numerous people... with the exception of the recently released 18 box releases by CollectorVision and some of Crapahute's work. Make sure to download the most up-to-date version that is available in Post #10.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/221017-colecovision-adam-computer-collectors-lists-updated/

TPR... the Spectar box you pictured was made by CollectorVision about 4 years ago. It's a very nice box production as is Phatty's. I actually like Phatty's because it has a greenish hue to the grey he uses which suits the game Spectar perfectly.

If you look towards the bottom of my "CV & ADAM Collectors List" which you can download in the pinned thread, you will se a very complete list of CV game boxes that have been made over the years y numerous people... with the exception of the recently released 18 box releases by CollectorVision and some of Crapahute's work. Make sure to download the most up-to-date version that is available in Post #10.

I have no idea how I missed that! Thank you!

all the boxes i'm going to repro will be free and will also have no watermarks or anything on them. My first one will be ROCKY super action boxing...i'm 90% done with it.

it will be the original FLAP box as well not the ones like the homebrew games where the top of the box folds in.

If I wind up printing boxes (looking for a vendor) they will be like the orginals as close as possible and will be 20.00 a box.

Otherwise templates will be posted online for you all when ready.

If anyone wants to make a box available for sale for JetPack!, there are only two requirements:

- You need to sell them for a reasonable, or at least a half-ways reasonable price (nothing wrong with profit, just no gouging, please).

- You need to send me one. ;)

Same goes for Squares!, although you may be able to find one of the two variations for sale somewhere (I haven't checked lately).

Would there be any way to get or find a box for the game Illusions? There are a lot of loose carts and those with manuals but boxes are hard to come by.

Besides watching eBay, you might want to try the Wanted Sub-Forum of the MarketPlace Forum here on AtariAge... unless, of course, if someone answers the call for help here.

That's pretty accurate. FWIW I have complete box templates with about a 99% likeness to the original Coleco boxes. I have them in Illustrator, CAD, and rasterized in Photoshop so that I can print and cut them with my plotter-style cutter.

Sir what boxes do you have? i'd like to work with you if possible on some of these.

Most people around here know I've done a few runs in the past. F/T work and babies have taken up my hobby time, but I still have all the files (and even some leftover prints).

I have blank templates that are very true to the 4 (or so) iterations of ColecoVision boxed releases. All are font-correct.

The ones I've produced in the past are: Donkey Kong, Turbo (with a 2nd, limited-run release in the likeness of other Steering Controller games); Slither (with Roller Controller inset), Spectar (probably my best one), Lord of the Dungeon (Probe 2000 unreleased box), Super Action Soccer (with cartridge and label--very limited release sold mostly to Michael of Good Deal Games); and another very limited run of Super Action Baseball. In a list:

1. Donkey Kong
  2. Turbo
  3. Turbo (Special Ed.)
  4. Slither
  5. Spectar
  6. Lord of the Dungeon
  7. Super Action Soccer
  8. Super Action Baseball

:)