IGNORED

Colecovision / Adam boxes

Tkat5200

Here's a higher quality JPG of my Spectar box front. I stepped it down majorly.

Everything you see here is drawn from scratch in Photoshop or Illustrator. No copies of anything. It prints brilliantly. Every piece of the image, including the "Player 1" and "Player 2" icons on the video game cabinet, were done in 600 dpi and squeezed down to create an image. I put together the arcade cabinet by finding various pieces of it, as well as from several photos I could find around the web. The SPECTAR logo was completely redrawn with vectors. Every bit of text is font-correct to go along with an existing collection.

I love doing this stuff, but as many here know it's time-consuming!

post-28334-0-91582000-1443383355_thumb.jpg

The biggest challenge there is to find high-quality photos of arcade cabinets on the internet. And the second thought would be to find anyone with a cab in excellent condition for us to snap pictures. Even then, you'd have to have some really nice gear and know precise lighting and positioning of the cabinet to take fine photos. It would be difficult... Coleco just took the stock photos supplied to them by the video game manufacturers. Most (if not all) of their photos are exactly like the images you'll find on the technical manuals that were delivered with the cabinets.

that's what i am going to hit...all the manuals and flyers that I can find online that are the highest quality...so for now it will be slow going until I amass all this stuff...then it will be easy to put together.

if you have a high res version of that Ribbon graphic on the front of the box i'd love a copy.

also if anyone knows the proper font used for HIGH RESOLUTION bit...please let me know

even more points...the font they used for the back of the box copy.

Edited by Tkat5200

Coleco just took the stock photos supplied to them by the video game manufacturers. Most (if not all) of their photos are exactly like the images you'll find on the technical manuals that were delivered with the cabinets.

Uhh... what? Those cabinet tech manuals were usually in black & white, weren't they? They didn't bother to do color covers for those kind of documents. I'm sure you mean the arcade flyers, where the cabinet often appears on the back of the flyer. :)

Uhh... what? Those cabinet tech manuals were usually in black & white, weren't they? They didn't bother to do color covers for those kind of documents. I'm sure you mean the arcade flyers, where the cabinet often appears on the back of the flyer. :)

Yes you're right about those being mostly in black and white. In fact, they all might be. I know for sure that I did get many of them from the video game flyers at KLOV, now that you mention it. Thanks for pointing that out!