IGNORED

Sector Alpha

Atari_Bill

So I found a CIB copy of Sector Alpha this morning on eBay and did the buy it now. Not cheap (at least for me), but it was the last Spectravision title I still needed and I hardly ever see it CIB it seems. I know an empty box sold for $188 alone not that long ago. Is $130 a fair price for a CIB or did I overpay? Either way, it's one more closer to completion which is now around 6 to go.

• Like 1

I'd say you did very well for yourself at $130 especially if the CIB is in good condition (too lazy to search for it on eBay right now to view the pics) seeing as this title comes up for auction less and less now-a-days... in fact, it rarely shows up in CIB form anywhere!

I just checked what I paid for my CIB about 3 or 4 years ago and let me say, "YOU DID VERY GOOD FOR YOURSELF". The only down side is that the cartridge PCB was improperly modded by Spectravision during manufacturing and the game doesn't play properly as documented by Ikrananka in his cartridge rom dump thread.

Everything looked very nice in the pics. You probably couldn't say mint, but Near mint quite possibly. The box only had a small flaw on the back from what I recall. I struggled with whether to buy or not. I never spend more than 100 on anything but I thought it might be a decent deal. I couldn't find any other CIB sales in recent history and I knew the empty mint box had gone for 188 so I pulled the trigger.

I can't recall at the moment what I'm still missing, but I do know

Super sketch

Wiz math

2 of the Fisher Price Titles

2 Xonox titles

Disclaimer: my CV stuff isn't all CIB. I try to get CIB where I can, but a good portion is not.

Thanks for the feedback! Looking forward to getting it.

You did much better than me....paid $240 for mine. It's NIB and minty, so don't laugh!!

Which titles are you missing? Better yet, I'll take take a guess.

Sammy Lightfoot

Slurpy

Super Sketch

Tournament Tennis

Wiz Math

Word Fued

Am I close? 8)

Not quite. Missing the two big boys on the list (super sketch, wiz math). Got the others. Got really lucky one other time on a minty CIB Imagic Tournament Tennis for $90.

Edited by Atari_Bill

In ColecoVision Baseball I'm batting 1000! Got my name on a never released, Special Edition box with your name next to mine in the credits......my MOST prized CV possession!!

Now I know how Steve Martin felt in "The Jerk" when he discovered he was somebody.... because his name was in the Phone Book! :grin:

Please disregard any typo's or lack of sentence structure....It's a side effect of Makers Mark.

Edited by Jaymiester
  • Like 2

In ColecoVision Baseball I'm batting 1000! Got my name on a never released, Special Edition box with your name next to mine in the credits......my MOST prized CV possession!

Obviously you're not going up against a pitcher of my quality! :grin You'd be batting .000 seeing as I know a pitch that can not be hit. Anyway, that box project was a fun one to work on and it's nice to have both versions (CollectorVision's is the other) as all bases are covered with the styles that Coleco might have used... although i'm pretty confident they would have gone with the style we used.

You are "one wild and crazy guy".

So I found a CIB copy of Sector Alpha this morning on eBay and did the buy it now. Not cheap (at least for me), but it was the last Spectravision title I still needed and I hardly ever see it CIB it seems. I know an empty box sold for $188 alone not that long ago. Is $130 a fair price for a CIB or did I overpay? Either way, it's one more closer to completion which is now around 6 to go.

I saw this and almost got it myself but it was too much for me (right now)...I'd say its a good deal though even though I couldn't afford it LOL

Oh my! you're so close.

I'm missing 18 items:

• Aquattack (box & manual)
  • Cabbage Patch Kids: Picture show (overlays)
  • Chuck Norris (box & manual)
  • Donkey Kong (box)
  • DragonFire (box & manual)
  • Evolution (box & manual)
  • Facemaker (overlays)
  • Galaxian (box)
  • Jungle Hunt (box & manual)
  • One on One Basketball (box & manual)
  • Sector Alpha (box & manual)
  • Slurpy (box)
  • Spy Hunter (box, manuals & overlays)
  • Star Trek: Strategic ops (overlays)
  • Tomarc the Barbarian (box)
  • Up'n'Down (box & manual)
  • Wizard of Id's Wizmath (box & manual)
  • Word Feud (box)

Everything looked very nice in the pics. You probably couldn't say mint, but Near mint quite possibly. The box only had a small flaw on the back from what I recall. I struggled with whether to buy or not. I never spend more than 100 on anything but I thought it might be a decent deal. I couldn't find any other CIB sales in recent history and I knew the empty mint box had gone for 188 so I pulled the trigger.

I can't recall at the moment what I'm still missing, but I do know

Super sketch

Wiz math

2 of the Fisher Price Titles

2 Xonox titles

Disclaimer: my CV stuff isn't all CIB. I try to get CIB where I can, but a good portion is not.

Thanks for the feedback! Looking forward to getting it.

What are these? I've duplicated loose cartridges for Fisher Price and Xonox.

Oh my! you're so close.

I'm missing 18 items:

• Aquattack (box & manual)
  • Cabbage Patch Kids: Picture show (overlays)
  • Chuck Norris (box & manual)
  • Donkey Kong (box)
  • DragonFire (box & manual)
  • Evolution (box & manual)
  • Facemaker (overlays)
  • Galaxian (box)
  • Jungle Hunt (box & manual)
  • One on One Basketball (box & manual)
  • Sector Alpha (box & manual)
  • Slurpy (box)
  • Spy Hunter (box, manuals & overlays)
  • Star Trek: Strategic ops (overlays)
  • Tomarc the Barbarian (box)
  • Up'n'Down (box & manual)
  • Wizard of Id's Wizmath (box & manual)
  • Word Feud (box)

If you're talking boxes and manuals, I'm not nearly as close as you. My initial goal is to finish the loose carts. I'm only around the 50% mark on CIB.

Taking a look at my list, it looks like I'm actually at 8 away:

Super Sketch

Wiz Math

Dance Fantasy

Memory Manor

Threshold

Motocross / Tomarc

Motocross

Robin Hood / Lancelot