Coleco ADAM Super Game Differences

103 replies to this topic

#101 NIAD OFFLINE  

NIAD

Quadrunner

• 5,743 posts

Posted Fri Aug 4, 2017 7:45 PM

There's an ADAM version of War Games?

Unfortunately there was not an ADAM only version of WarGames. Only the cartidge version that plays om the CV and ADAM was released.

The cartridge version was ported to C=64 and Atari 8-bit format by Coleco Electronics. It was supplied on a 5 1/4" flippy disk and packaged in a cardboard box similar to ADAM software releases.

#102 phattyboombatty OFFLINE  

phattyboombatty

Stargunner

• 1,098 posts

Posted Sat Aug 5, 2017 9:08 AM

I do not think the Donkey Kong Super Game (nor JR) was rewritten from the ground up. 

Your "thoughts" are inaccurate. I can easily prove otherwise, as I have decoded each game (as opposed to disassembled), examined hex patterns and graphical placement within the ROM. I have reprogrammed each game.

They are completely different. Sounds as well.

#103 darryl1970 OFFLINE  

darryl1970

Dragonstomper

• 773 posts

Posted Sat Aug 5, 2017 1:53 PM

Your "thoughts" are inaccurate. I can easily prove otherwise, as I have decoded each game (as opposed to disassembled), examined hex patterns and graphical placement within the ROM. I have reprogrammed each game.

They are completely different. Sounds as well.

Interesting. I find it interesting that The original ColecoVision box had Adam-like graphics on the front. I wonder if the Adam version pre-dates the Coleco release. Could just be a coincidence.

#104 Tempest ONLINE  

Tempest

Monochrome Martinet

• Topic Starter
  • 26,108 posts

Posted Sat Aug 5, 2017 1:58 PM

Interesting.  Can you provide more info on why you think the ADAM version was built from the ground up?  I assume I put that down on the main page because you originally told me that was the case, but I'm curious as to why that is?  I don't doubt you, I'm just interested in any info you have.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users