IGNORED

Deep Zone

artrag

This is exactly 55 tiles

It has been produced using vector quantization

What do you think?

Pretty good. I still like the blocky look, any way that you could do that on the top letters? Maybe an effect to make it look like the letters are breaking up?

Actually I was thinking to use the spare tiles for animations.

Increasing the details in the picture in the way you say (by just adding 9 tiles) is almost impossible unless you do not tweak each centroid in the kmeans algorithm manually looking for an acceptable result ...

Edited by artrag

Actually I was thinking to use the spare tiles for animations.

Increasing the details in the picture in the way you say (by just adding 9 tiles) is almost impossible unless you do not tweak each centroid in the kmeans algorithm manually looking for an acceptable result ...

That's why I do this by hand. ;)

Anyway I like some details I could try to import in my filled color title without passing the 64 tile limit.

Going to try a merge...

Thanks a lot Alp!

[edit]

This in attach is exactly 64 tiles and takes some details on P, D and E's from your draft

I would keep it.

What do you think ?

Anyway I like some details I could try to import in my filled color title without passing the 64 tile limit.

Going to try a merge...

Thanks a lot Alp!

[edit]

This in attach is exactly 64 tiles and takes some details on P, D and E's from your draft

I would keep it. Rom included.

What do you think ?

testvq_input.bmp

test.bas

dzgorf.rom

post-22013-0-07499200-1448821405.png

Edited by artrag

Yo! I gave the title card a quick overhaul, but it currently sits at about 80 tiles.

...It should be trivial to hand-optimize this further, to be within the 64-tile limit.

6iX07Lb.png

That's very good. Are you using only GRAM? Keep in mind that there is a host of GROM tiles as well. My "ASCII art tile ripper" attempts to detect GROM cards as well and used them when possible.

-dZ.

Here's 64 tiles, time to start shuffling pixels around...

post-27318-0-85924700-1448827014_thumb.gif

UPDATE:

Reduced to 52 tiles without losing much detail. Still aiming to bring it down by another 15 tiles.

post-27318-0-59387400-1448828342_thumb.gif

UPDATE:

Another 5 tiles knocked out, for a total of 47. Still looking pretty good. :)

post-27318-0-01651100-1448830340_thumb.gif

UPDATE:

I can knock out 3 more tiles utilizing GROM cards in reverse video, but I lose one row of the "tan" colour. This is because both cards that use the reverse video are in the two rows that form the colour change boundary, and they both need to use the same color stack index (in this case, White).

This uses a total of 44 GRAM cards. That leaves me exactly 20 for the rest and the spaceship MOBs.

post-27318-0-29603200-1448833261_thumb.gif

What do you think?

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 4

...Oh. I was going to optimize it. But that's cool! Please continue. It's looking great so far!

(Your solution to the middle of the letters was quite similar to my own, by reducing each half to a 4 pixel width.)

If it matters at all, I'll post my process, for anybody wanting to produce a super-optimized titlescreen:

1RsFQmc.png

1. I copied the original title screen to the canvas, for a reference point.

2. I approximated which font to use, based on similarity. (In this case, Franklin Gothic Medium)

3. I measured a perspective grid, by a multiple of 2, to reduce wasted tiles.

4. Using "dirty tools" I stretch the text to the grid, for a guide.

5. Go in, and hand-optimize the tiles, to make use of the 1x2, and 1x4 repeated sections.

If this guide helps anybody in the future, great!

• Like 2

...Oh. I was going to optimize it. But that's cool! Please continue. It's looking great so far!

(Your solution to the middle of the letters was quite similar to my own, by reducing each half to a 4 pixel width.)

If it matters at all, I'll post my process, for anybody wanting to produce a super-optimized titlescreen:

1RsFQmc.png

1. I copied the original title screen to the canvas, for a reference point.

2. I approximated which font to use, based on similarity. (In this case, Franklin Gothic Medium)

3. I measured a perspective grid, by a multiple of 2, to reduce wasted tiles.

4. Using "dirty tools" I stretch the text to the grid, for a guide.

5. Go in, and hand-optimize the tiles, to make use of the 1x2, and 1x4 repeated sections.

If this guide helps anybody in the future, great!

I took yours as a reference and drew by hand each letter in an ASCII grid, pixel by pixel. I typically do this either by eye, or by zooming in on a reference image. I continued until I hit the 64 tile limit and reduced until I was able to finish the first word. At that point I knew I needed to reduce the tile count considerably.

To optimize, the first thing I do is try to find obvious tiles that look similar and see if I can make them identical.

The second thing is trying to see if any tile could be replaced by a GROM card by modifying it slightly. I keep an ASCII reference file to GROM opened.

The third technique I use is to see if any tile that remains is a reverse image of a GROM or another exiting GRAM card, and if so, I use reverse video and advance the Color Stack accordingly. In this case, I found two instances of the same card on the lower-right curve of the "P":

:COL=1,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0
..#####. ........ .......# ######..
.######. ........ .......# #####...
.######. ........ .......# #####...
.######. ........ ......## #####...
.#####.. ........ ......## ####....
######.. ........ ......## ####....
######.. ........ .....### ####....
#####... ........ .....### ###.....
:COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,1 ; <-- last card is GROM #124
#####... ........ ....#### ...#####
#####... ........ ...##### ..######
####.... ........ ..###### .#######
####.... ........ ######## ########
######## ######## ######## ########
######## ######## #######. ########
######## ######## ######.. ########
######## ######## #####... ########
:COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,1 :COL=0,1 ; <-- third card from left is GROM #124
######## ######## ...##### ########
######## ######## ..###### ########
######## ######## .####### ########
######## #####... ######## ########
##...... ........ ######## ########

For that, I was forced to make them both the same Stack index, which meant that both rows needed to be of the same colour (White). However, since it saved me two tiles, it was worth it.

All the time, I also see if I can adjust the letters to tile boundaries to employ more GROM cards. After every change, I build, run, take a screenshot, and compare with the previous one.

I used a similar technique on the title screen of Christmas Carol, except it was from my mind, with no reference image. It took me hours or days to complete it.

Edited by DZ-Jay

I just solved my color stack problem and I'm able to have both GROM #124 tiles in different stack indices. It was quite simple, the stack is now: BLACK, WHITE, BLACK, TAN.

post-27318-0-77411000-1448879567_thumb.gif

1. Advance stack on fourth-row card, once for white (GROM #124), twice to return to black (solid block).

2. Advance stack on fifth-row card, once for tan (GROM #124), twice to return to black (solid block).

During non-black backgrounds I draw in reverse-video, so solid blocks are painted black to take the place of whitespace, which is still in GROM.

I love Color Stack mode. :)

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

For illustration, here's the ASCII source file I am working on:

; 00     01       02       03       04       05       06       07       08       09       0A       0B       0C       0D       0E       0F       10       11       12       13
:COL=0,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0  ; 00
........ ######## ######## ######## #....... ........ ...##### ######## ######## ###..... ....#### ######## ######## ######.. ......## ######## ######## ##...... ........ ........
........ ######## ######## ######## ##...... ........ ...##### ######## ######## ###..... ....#### ######## ######## ######.. .....### ######## ######## ####.... ........ ........
........ .####### ######## ######## ###..... ........ ...##### ######## ######## ###..... ....#### ######## ######## ######.. .....### ######## ######## #####... ........ ........
........ .####### ######## ######## ####.... ........ ...##### ######## ######## ###..... ....#### ######## ######## #####... .....### ######## ######## ######.. ........ ........
........ ..###### ######## ######## #####... ........ ...##### ######## ######## ####.... ....#### ######## ######## #####... .....### ######## ######## #######. ........ ........
........ ..###### ######## ######## ######.. ........ ....#### ######## ######## ####.... ....#### ######## ######## #####... ....#### ######## ######## #######. ........ ........
........ ...##### ######## ######## #######. ........ ....#### ######## ######## ####.... ....#### ######## ######## #####... ....#### ######## ######## #######. ........ ........
........ ...##### ######## ######## ######## ........ ....#### ######## ######## ####.... ....#### ######## ######## #####... ....#### ######## ######## #######. ........ ........
:COL=0,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0  ; 01
........ ....#### ######## ######## ######## #....... ....#### ######## ######## ####.... ....#### ######## ######## ####.... ....#### ######## ######## #######. ........ ........
........ ....#### ######## ######## ######## #....... ....#### ######## ######## ####.... ....#### ######## ######## ####.... ...##### ######## ######## #######. ........ ........
........ .....### ######## ######## ######## #....... .....### ######## ######## ####.... ....#### ######## ######## ####.... ...##### ######## ######## #######. ........ ........
........ .....### ######## ######## ######## ##...... .....### ######## ######## ####.... ....#### ######## ######## ####.... ...##### ######## ######## #######. ........ ........
........ ......## #####... ........ ######## ###..... .....### ###..... ........ ........ ....#### ##...... ........ ........ ...##### ........ ......## #######. ........ ........
........ ......## #####... ........ .####### ###..... .....### ###..... ........ ........ ....#### ##...... ........ ........ ..###### ........ ......## #######. ........ ........
........ .......# ######.. ........ ..###### ####.... .....### ###..... ........ ........ ....#### ##...... ........ ........ ..###### ........ .......# ######.. ........ ........
........ .......# ######.. ........ ...##### ####.... ......## ###..... ........ ........ ....#### ##...... ........ ........ ..###### ........ .......# ######.. ........ ........
:COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0  ; 02
........ ........ #######. ........ ....#### #####... ......## ####.... ........ ........ ....#### #....... ........ ........ ..#####. ........ .......# ######.. ........ ........
........ ........ #######. ........ ....#### #####... ......## ####.... ........ ........ ....#### #....... ........ ........ .######. ........ .......# #####... ........ ........
........ ........ .####### ........ .....### ######.. ......## ####.... ........ ........ ....#### #....... ........ ........ .######. ........ .......# #####... ........ ........
........ ........ .####### ........ ......## ######.. ......## ####.... ........ ........ ....#### #....... ........ ........ .######. ........ ......## #####... ........ ........
........ ........ ..###### #....... .......# #######. .......# ####.... ........ ........ ....#### #....... ........ ........ .#####.. ........ ......## ####.... ........ ........
........ ........ ..###### #....... .......# #######. .......# ####.... ........ ........ ....#### #....... ........ ........ ######.. ........ ......## ####.... ........ ........
........ ........ ...##### ##...... ........ #######. .......# ####.... ........ ........ ....#### #....... ........ ........ ######.. ........ .....### ####.... ........ ........
........ ........ ...##### ##...... ........ ######## .......# ####.... ........ ........ ....#### #....... ........ ........ #####... ........ .....### ###..... ........ ........
:COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,1 :COL=0,1 :COL=0,0  ; 03
........ ........ ....#### ###..... ........ .####### #....... #####... ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ .......# #####... ........ ....#### ...##### ######## ........
........ ........ ....#### ###..... ........ ..###### #....... #####... ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ .......# #####... ........ ...##### ..###### ######## ........
........ ........ .....### ####.... ........ ...##### #....... #####... ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ .......# ####.... ........ ..###### .####### ######## ........
........ ........ .....### ####.... ........ ...##### #....... #####... ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ .......# ####.... ........ ######## ######## ######## ........
........ ........ ......## #####... ........ ....#### ##...... ######## ######## ........ ...##### ######## #####... ......## ######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ........
........ ........ ......## #####... ........ ....#### ##...... ######## ######## ........ ...##### ######## #####... ......## ######## ######## #######. ######## ######## ........
........ ........ .......# ######.. ........ ....#### ##...... .####### ######## ........ ...##### ######## #####... ......## ######## ######## ######.. ######## ######## ........
........ ........ .......# ######.. ........ .....### ##...... .####### ######## ........ ...##### ######## #####... ......## ######## ######## #####... ######## ######## ........
:COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=0,1 :COL=0,1 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0  ; 04 <-- Color Change!
........ ........ ........ #######. ........ ......## ###..... .####### ######## ........ ...##### ######## ####.... ......## ######## ######## ...##### ######## ........ ........
........ ........ ........ #######. ........ ......## ###..... .####### ######## ........ ...##### ######## ####.... .....### ######## ######## ..###### ######## ........ ........
........ ........ ........ .####### ........ ......## ###..... .####### ######## ........ ...##### ######## ####.... .....### ######## ######## .####### ######## ........ ........
........ ........ ........ .####### ........ ......## ###..... ..###### ######## ........ ...##### ######## ####.... .....### ######## #####... ######## ######## ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ..###### #....... .......# ####.... ..###### ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ .....### ##...... ........ ######## ######## ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ..###### #....... .......# ####.... ..###### ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ ....#### ##...... ........ ######## ######## ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ...##### ##...... .......# ####.... ..#####. ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ ....#### ##...... ........ ######## ######## ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ...##### ##...... .......# ####.... ..#####. ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ ....#### ##...... ........ ######## ######## ........ ........
:COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0  ; 05
........ ........ ........ ....#... ..#..... ........ #...#... ...#..#. ........ ........ ...#...# ........ ........ ....#... #....... ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ....#### ###..... ........ #####... ...##### ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ ...##### #....... ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ .....### ####.... ........ #####... ...##### ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ ...##### #....... ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ .....#.. ...#.... ........ #...#... ...#...# ........ ........ ...#...# ........ ........ ...#...# ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ......## #####... ........ #####... ...##### ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ......#. ....#... ........ #...#... ....#..# ........ ........ ...#..#. ........ ........ ..#....# ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ .......# .....#.. ........ #...#... ....#..# ........ ........ ...#..#. ........ ........ ..#....# ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ .......# ######.. ........ #####... ....#### ........ ........ ...####. ........ ........ ..#####. ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
:COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0  ; 06
........ ........ ........ ........ #.....#. .......# ....#... ....#... #....... ........ ...#..#. ........ ........ ..#...#. ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ........ #.....#. ......#. ....#... ....#... #....... ........ ...#..#. ........ ........ .##...#. ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ........ .#.....# ######.. ....#... .....#.. ######## ######.. ...#..## ######## ####.... .#...#.. ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ........ .#...... ........ ...#.... .....#.. ........ .....#.. ...#.... ........ ...#.... .#...#.. ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ........ ..#..... ........ ...#.... .....#.. ........ .....#.. ...#.... ........ ...#.... .#...#.. ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ........ ..#..... ........ ..#..... .....#.. ........ .....#.. ...#.... ........ ..#..... #...#... ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ........ ...#.... ........ ##...... .....#.. ........ .....#.. ...#.... ........ ..#..... #...#... ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ........ ...##### ######## ........ .....### ######## ######.. ...##### ######## ###..... #####... ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

It is a lot of manual work, I was wondering if intycolor could be improved by supporting the tricks you used for GROM tiles

E.g. the color reverse and/or advance the color stack to use complemented GROM tiles

It does not seem to take GROM into account ATM

It could very easily try to match tiles extracted from the input file with GROM ones replacing them when possible.

The trickier part is that it should also test each tile with the complement of the others (GROM and GRAM) and, in case of color problems, find a proper stack sequence that allows the tiles to be be replaced by their complement.

Maybe it could also improve the reporting, by returning an error image that allows you to see where GROM tiles could fit with minimal change in the input (e.g. changing a number of pixels to be passed in the command line).

For proper results manual tweaking will be unavoidable, but at least you can make automatic a part of the work.

Edited by artrag
  • Like 1

It is a lot of manual work, I was wondering if intycolor could be improved by supporting the tricks you used for GROM tiles

E.g. the color reverse and/or advance the color stack to use complemented GROM tiles

Intycolor is a fantastic tool for many images but for more complex images its hard to beat the human mind that knows the capabilities of the hardware inside out.

It does not seem to take GROM into account ATM

If you have GROM.BIN in the same directory as the image then intycolor will use it.

Maybe it could also improve the reporting, by returning an error image that allows you to see where GROM tiles could fit with minimal change in the input (e.g. changing a number of pixels to be passed in the command line).

Once you have a rough idea of what "bloxels" are in GROM this is relatively easy to do manually in an art package.

If you have GROM.BIN in the same directory as the image then intycolor will use it.

Thanks, it is working now.

Once you have a rough idea of what "bloxels" are in GROM this is relatively easy to do manually in an art package.

not for me :!: no time/patience for this

Edited by artrag

For illustration, here's the ASCII source file I am working on:

; 00     01       02       03       04       05       06       07       08       09       0A       0B       0C       0D       0E       0F       10       11       12       13
:COL=0,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0  ; 00
........ ######## ######## ######## #....... ........ ...##### ######## ######## ###..... ....#### ######## ######## ######.. ......## ######## ######## ##...... ........ ........
........ ######## ######## ######## ##...... ........ ...##### ######## ######## ###..... ....#### ######## ######## ######.. .....### ######## ######## ####.... ........ ........
........ .####### ######## ######## ###..... ........ ...##### ######## ######## ###..... ....#### ######## ######## ######.. .....### ######## ######## #####... ........ ........
........ .####### ######## ######## ####.... ........ ...##### ######## ######## ###..... ....#### ######## ######## #####... .....### ######## ######## ######.. ........ ........
........ ..###### ######## ######## #####... ........ ...##### ######## ######## ####.... ....#### ######## ######## #####... .....### ######## ######## #######. ........ ........
........ ..###### ######## ######## ######.. ........ ....#### ######## ######## ####.... ....#### ######## ######## #####... ....#### ######## ######## #######. ........ ........
........ ...##### ######## ######## #######. ........ ....#### ######## ######## ####.... ....#### ######## ######## #####... ....#### ######## ######## #######. ........ ........
........ ...##### ######## ######## ######## ........ ....#### ######## ######## ####.... ....#### ######## ######## #####... ....#### ######## ######## #######. ........ ........
:COL=0,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0  ; 01
........ ....#### ######## ######## ######## #....... ....#### ######## ######## ####.... ....#### ######## ######## ####.... ....#### ######## ######## #######. ........ ........
........ ....#### ######## ######## ######## #....... ....#### ######## ######## ####.... ....#### ######## ######## ####.... ...##### ######## ######## #######. ........ ........
........ .....### ######## ######## ######## #....... .....### ######## ######## ####.... ....#### ######## ######## ####.... ...##### ######## ######## #######. ........ ........
........ .....### ######## ######## ######## ##...... .....### ######## ######## ####.... ....#### ######## ######## ####.... ...##### ######## ######## #######. ........ ........
........ ......## #####... ........ ######## ###..... .....### ###..... ........ ........ ....#### ##...... ........ ........ ...##### ........ ......## #######. ........ ........
........ ......## #####... ........ .####### ###..... .....### ###..... ........ ........ ....#### ##...... ........ ........ ..###### ........ ......## #######. ........ ........
........ .......# ######.. ........ ..###### ####.... .....### ###..... ........ ........ ....#### ##...... ........ ........ ..###### ........ .......# ######.. ........ ........
........ .......# ######.. ........ ...##### ####.... ......## ###..... ........ ........ ....#### ##...... ........ ........ ..###### ........ .......# ######.. ........ ........
:COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0  ; 02
........ ........ #######. ........ ....#### #####... ......## ####.... ........ ........ ....#### #....... ........ ........ ..#####. ........ .......# ######.. ........ ........
........ ........ #######. ........ ....#### #####... ......## ####.... ........ ........ ....#### #....... ........ ........ .######. ........ .......# #####... ........ ........
........ ........ .####### ........ .....### ######.. ......## ####.... ........ ........ ....#### #....... ........ ........ .######. ........ .......# #####... ........ ........
........ ........ .####### ........ ......## ######.. ......## ####.... ........ ........ ....#### #....... ........ ........ .######. ........ ......## #####... ........ ........
........ ........ ..###### #....... .......# #######. .......# ####.... ........ ........ ....#### #....... ........ ........ .#####.. ........ ......## ####.... ........ ........
........ ........ ..###### #....... .......# #######. .......# ####.... ........ ........ ....#### #....... ........ ........ ######.. ........ ......## ####.... ........ ........
........ ........ ...##### ##...... ........ #######. .......# ####.... ........ ........ ....#### #....... ........ ........ ######.. ........ .....### ####.... ........ ........
........ ........ ...##### ##...... ........ ######## .......# ####.... ........ ........ ....#### #....... ........ ........ #####... ........ .....### ###..... ........ ........
:COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=1,0 :COL=0,1 :COL=0,1 :COL=0,0  ; 03
........ ........ ....#### ###..... ........ .####### #....... #####... ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ .......# #####... ........ ....#### ...##### ######## ........
........ ........ ....#### ###..... ........ ..###### #....... #####... ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ .......# #####... ........ ...##### ..###### ######## ........
........ ........ .....### ####.... ........ ...##### #....... #####... ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ .......# ####.... ........ ..###### .####### ######## ........
........ ........ .....### ####.... ........ ...##### #....... #####... ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ .......# ####.... ........ ######## ######## ######## ........
........ ........ ......## #####... ........ ....#### ##...... ######## ######## ........ ...##### ######## #####... ......## ######## ######## ######## ######## ######## ........
........ ........ ......## #####... ........ ....#### ##...... ######## ######## ........ ...##### ######## #####... ......## ######## ######## #######. ######## ######## ........
........ ........ .......# ######.. ........ ....#### ##...... .####### ######## ........ ...##### ######## #####... ......## ######## ######## ######.. ######## ######## ........
........ ........ .......# ######.. ........ .....### ##...... .####### ######## ........ ...##### ######## #####... ......## ######## ######## #####... ######## ######## ........
:COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=0,1 :COL=0,1 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0  ; 04 <-- Color Change!
........ ........ ........ #######. ........ ......## ###..... .####### ######## ........ ...##### ######## ####.... ......## ######## ######## ...##### ######## ........ ........
........ ........ ........ #######. ........ ......## ###..... .####### ######## ........ ...##### ######## ####.... .....### ######## ######## ..###### ######## ........ ........
........ ........ ........ .####### ........ ......## ###..... .####### ######## ........ ...##### ######## ####.... .....### ######## ######## .####### ######## ........ ........
........ ........ ........ .####### ........ ......## ###..... ..###### ######## ........ ...##### ######## ####.... .....### ######## #####... ######## ######## ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ..###### #....... .......# ####.... ..###### ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ .....### ##...... ........ ######## ######## ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ..###### #....... .......# ####.... ..###### ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ ....#### ##...... ........ ######## ######## ........ ........
:COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0  ; 05
........ ........ ........ ....#... ..#..... ........ #...#... ...#..#. ........ ........ ...#...# ........ ........ ....#... #....... ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ....#### ###..... ........ #####... ...##### ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ ...##### #....... ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ .....### ####.... ........ #####... ...##### ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ ...##### #....... ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ .....#.. ...#.... ........ #...#... ...#...# ........ ........ ...#...# ........ ........ ...#...# ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ......## #####... ........ #####... ...##### ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ ...##### ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ......#. ....#... ........ #...#... ....#..# ........ ........ ...#..#. ........ ........ ..#....# ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ .......# .....#.. ........ #...#... ....#..# ........ ........ ...#..#. ........ ........ ..#....# ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ .......# ######.. ........ #####... ....#### ........ ........ ...####. ........ ........ ..#####. ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
:COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=2,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0 :COL=0,0  ; 06
........ ........ ........ ........ #.....#. .......# ....#... ....#... #....... ........ ...#..#. ........ ........ ..#...#. ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ........ #.....#. ......#. ....#... ....#... #....... ........ ...#..#. ........ ........ .##...#. ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ........ .#.....# ######.. ....#... .....#.. ######## ######.. ...#..## ######## ####.... .#...#.. ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ........ .#...... ........ ...#.... .....#.. ........ .....#.. ...#.... ........ ...#.... .#...#.. ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ........ ..#..... ........ ...#.... .....#.. ........ .....#.. ...#.... ........ ...#.... .#...#.. ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ........ ..#..... ........ ..#..... .....#.. ........ .....#.. ...#.... ........ ..#..... #...#... ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ........ ...#.... ........ ##...... .....#.. ........ .....#.. ...#.... ........ ..#..... #...#... ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........
........ ........ ........ ........ ...##### ######## ........ .....### ######## ######.. ...##### ######## ###..... #####... ........ ........ ........ ........ ........ ........

DZ, do you plan to give a try on the rest of the title ?

I tried to complete your work but the lower part of the title is taking alone 36 unique tiles, too many with the 48 used in the upper part.

I tried manually tweaking the tiles but the result is not that good and I get 30 unique tiles as well.

Moreover now that the upper part is at "full resolution", the lower part at coarser resolution does not fit very well with the rest.

dztest.bmp

Edited by artrag

DZ, do you plan to give a try on the rest of the title ?

I tried to complete your work but the lower part of the title is taking alone 36 unique tiles, too many with the 48 used in the upper part.

I tried manually tweaking the tiles but the result is not that good and I get 30 unique tiles as well.

Moreover now that the upper part is at "full resolution", the lower part at coarser resolution does not fit very well with the rest.

I'm aiming to complete it this week-end. No worries, I have vacation coming up in a couple of weeks and I'll make sure to get this done before the end of the month. :)

-dZ.

• 2 months later...