IGNORED

No more ST ports for you....

CyranoJ

So, I will not name any names. If the people responsible want to come forward (unlikely) then that's up to them.

Today I received this PM:

Hello man, I have most of your St to Jag cd ports. And I paid for them. I have some folks (not to many) that would like copies of your st to jag games. I know R-type, or the cd copy I have has NO sound. The fact that it works at all, I think, Is more important. I am asking for your permission before I re-pop this or any of your ST conversions. Please tell me yes or no.

I responded with a 'they are not for sale where did you buy them' and was told:

I can not give up the source as to, I was told to never re-pop these.... And All the St ports have case inserts.

Along with this image (So it looks like they're ripping off covers posted here on AA as well)

$_57.JPG

I have a fairly good idea that the person involved is one of three obvious names to spring to mind.

In any case, that's it. No more binaries from me. Direct your hate to the people responsible.

• Like 1

Note: I'm not blaming the person who contacted me, they had the decency to ask if they could on sell at least even if they are prepared to protect the original scumbag.

The fact they were told not to mention anything should have tripped an alarm though.......

Only takes a single bad apple and all that.

I'm more disappointed than angry or surprised as I had a bunch of new goodies to share as well.

I don't know why anyone would buy them when they can be downloaded freely along with covers.

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 7

I'd take anything learned in some random PM with a refusal to give further details with one of these:

pinch-of-salt.jpg

People are stupid. If they want to pay some dipshit money for burning CDs of ST games, let them, we can all stand around and point and laugh. Or maybe just not give two shits. We've known for years that for many, Jaguar games aren't things to be experienced, they're an opportunity to adorn their walls with trophies and exchange green pieces of paper.

If you stop doing what you do just because some dork on the breadline is subsidising his rent or utility bills by toasting CD-Rs I think that's possibly the worst outcome for everyone.

But I will say this: Fuck You to anyone who buys this crap in the first place... but your idiocy and the shame it brings about should be punishment enough.

And whoever sent this PM and won't give up the person they bought it from - a bigger Fuck You. All you did was create drama and have people pointing fingers and considering Gorfian witch hunts. Well Fucking Done.

• Like 10

It was bound to happen. Too many #$*ts in the world.

Thank you CJ for releasing what you did as my Jag has so much more selection now :)

Very sad though.

Just a thought, what if this is someone trolling and they didn't actually pay for them? It could be made up to stop you releasing!

As sh3 said, if someone wants to be an idiot and pay for them thats their loss. Shame the rest of us loose out. But I stand by your decision and understand the reasons.

here is the list of titles our unknown hero is apparently selling.

If you think I'm upset wait till Gorf sees this :P

1 - 3D wire (demo)

2 - 8 biteer
3 - 96kb Spock (demo)
4 - Action Fighter (ST game adaptation)
5 - Arkanna (game demo)
6 - Arkanoid Revenge of Doh (adaptation ST game)
7 - Asteroids (game)
8 - Atomic (game)
9 - Atomic Reloaded (games)
10 - Ausweichmanöver
11 - BadCde4N (demo that includes a set of 1 or 2 players)
12 - Barbarian (adaptation ST game)
13 - Beebris (game)
14 - Beebris Special Edition (game)
15 - Black Hole (game)
16 - Black Jag (game)
17 - Black Lamp (ST adaptation)
18 - Big Buck Bunny (video Cinepak)
19 - Buggy Boy (adaptation ST game)
20 - Carrier (ST game adaptation)
21 - Christmas and Happy New Year 2006 (demo)
22 - Chroma Luma Colors (utility)
23 - Cybernoid (adaptation ST game)
24 - Dance Dance Space Xirius party (game)
25 - Dazed (game)
26 - Duckie Egg
27 - Do the Same (game)
28 - Deflektor (adaptation ST game)
29 - Degz (game)
30 - Downfall (game)
31 - Dr. Tran (video Cinepak) Still Need Disc #2
32 - Eerievale Rev. B (play demo)
33 - Eerievale (game demo: playable but incomplete)
34 - Expressway
35 - Fallen Angels by Dr Fonts Demo (demo)
36 - Fallen Angels by Dr Fonts
37 - Fernandez Must Die (ST game adaptation)
38 - Full ACTion final Sprites (demo)
39 - Gone Nutty Scrat (video Cinepak)
40 - Gorf 2000 demo (game)
41 - HMS Raptor (game)
42 - International Karate + (ST game adaptation)
43 - Intro Removers (demo)
44 - Invitro Silly Venture 2013 (demo)
45 - Jagcode 500 (including Jungle Jag already in Orion and Martian Attack)
46 - Jaglion (demo)
47 - Jagtopia (utility)
48 - Jagtris (game)
49 - Jagworm (game)
50 - Jag Mania (game)
51 - Jag Marble (game)
52 - Jaguar Connexion 2005 (demo)
53 - Jaguar Mind (game)
54 - Jaguar Mind Bomb Squad (the game)
55 - Jeff Minter (demo)
56 - Joust (adaptation ST game)
57 - JSS II demo (demo)
58 - Klax (adaptation ST game)
59 - Kobayashi Maru (game)
60 - Llamatron (adaptation ST game)
61 - Lost Treasures (15 unfulfilled some games are playable)
62 - Mars Rover by Groovy Bee (demo)
63 - Mars Rover by Dr Fonts (demo)
64 - Mercenary (adaptation ST game)
65 - Metrocross (adaptation ST game)
66 - Native (demo game)
67 - Ocean Depths (demo)
68 - Orion Jaguar Collection including Osmozys games, and Jag DiamJag jungle and demos.
69 - Out Run (ST game demo)
70 - Painter Demo (game)
71 - Project W (game)
72 - Reactris (game)
73 - Return to Genesis (ST game adaptation)
74 - RGC2006 (demo)
75 - Rock Off
76 - R-Type (ST game adaptation)
77 - Shooter Em Up (game)
78 - Slam Racer (game)
79 - Slam Racer intro (game)
80 - S.P.A.C.E. (Game)
81 - StarGlider 2 (adaptation ST game)
82 - Strombringer (adaptation ST game)
83 - Superfly DX (set)
84 - Super Sprint (adaptation ST game)
85 - Surrounded (game)
86 - The Quest for Matmook (game demo)
87 - Treasure Island Dizzy (ST game adaptation)
88 - Tube (game)
89 - Tube Second Edition (game)
Retail Disc - (58 Titles & 71 Disc Total) -Jagtopia can be used in place of bypass.
9 Lives - (2 disc set) (works) (be)
American Hero - (for PC use) (be)
American Hero Demo (be)
Atari Big Disk (works) (be)
Atari HQ Archive 1 (for PC use) (be)
Atari Test Disc 2A (works) (be)
Baldies (works) (be)
Battlemorph (works) (be)
Beebris (2 disc set) - Retail (be)
Black Ice White Noise - Rev 18 (Released by Ambient Distortion) (Requires Bypass) (be) + file bad
Black Ice White Noise (unreleased) (works) (be)
Black Out CD Ver 1.2 - Retail (be)
Blue Lightning (works) (be)
Brain Dead 13 (works) (be)
Brett Hulls NHL Hockey (JSII version) (works) (be)
Caves Of Fear Demo (works) (be)
Demolition Man and Commander Blood Video (works) (be)
Do The Math - Atari Cinepak Collection (2 disc set) (works) (be)
Double Feature #1 retail (works) (be)
Dragons Lair (works) (be)
Elansar - CD Version (works) (be)
Extremist Pack #1 (3 disc set) (be)
Extremist Pack #2 (3 disc set) (be)
Extremist Pack #3 (3 disc set) (be)
Extremist Pack #4 (1 disc) (be)
Frog Feast - retail (works) (be)
Gorf CD - retail (works) (be)
Highlander - (works) (be)
Hover Strike - Unconquered Lands (works) (be)
Impulse X - retail (works) (be)
Iron Soldier 2 - Limited Edition (works - DJ6) (be)
Iron Soldier 2 (works - DJ6) (be)
Jag Fest 1999 - retail (works) (be)
Jag-Ads (Requires Bypass) (be)
Jag-Ads 2.0 - (works) (be)
Jagtopia - (like bypass cart) (works)
Jaguar Formula F1 Racer - (Requires Bypass) 2 disc set - B&C Release - 7/25/95 (be)
Jaguar Formula F1 Racer - (Requires Bypass) 1disc - Jag Sector II - Release 11/25/95 (be)
Jaguar - Press Conference - Top Secret (be)
Jaguar - Source Code Collection (be)
Myst (works) (be)
Myst Demo (be)
Native Demo - JagFree Version (Requires Bypass) (be)
Native Demo (Requires Bypass) (be)
Ocean Depths (be)
Painter - Retail (Requires Bypass) (be)
Painter - Jag Fest 2003 Edition - Retail (Requires Bypass) (be)
Philia CD Version (2 disc set) (works) (nc)
Primal Rage - Masterd Backup (works) (be)
Primal Rage (works) (be)
Robinsons Requiem (works) (be)
Soul Star (works) (be)
Space Ace (works) (be)
Superfly DX (2 disc set) - Retail (be)
Varunas Forces - 2 disc set (works) (be)
Vid GriD (works) (be)+
World Tour Racing (Requires Jagtopia to play) (be)
Yopaz - Ice Stars (works) (be)
Atari Jaguar Cinepak Collection - (17 Titles & 77 Disc Total)
Cinepak - 1995 Electronic Entertainment Expo AEO JagCD Cinepak! (3 disc set)
Cinepak - American Hero - (3 disc set)
Cinepak - Atari HQ 1993 Jaguar Press Conference Cinepak (2 disc Set)
Cinepak - Big Buck Bunny (1 disc)
Cinepak - Black Cat Theater - The Charlie Chan Mysteries - Volume One (8 disc set))
Cinepak - Black Cat Theater - The Green Hornet - 13 Episodes (7 disc set)
Cinepak - Black Cat Theater - The Green Hornet - From The 1960'sTv Series (6 disc set)
Cinepak - Black Cat Theater - The Green Hornet Stikes Again (8 disc set)
Cinepak - Black Cat Theater - The John Agar Box Set - Movie Collection (8 disc set)
Cinepak - Black Cat Theater - The Nature Gone Wild - Movie Collection (8 disc set)
Cinepak - Black Cat Theater - The Not Of This Earth - Movie Collection (8 disc set)
Cinepak - Black Cat Theater - The Red Planet Mars - Movie Collection (8 disc set)
Cinepak - Black Cat Theater - The Three Stooges - Spooks in 3D (1 disc)
Cinepak - Dr Tran - CinePak (missing disc 2)
Cinepak - Gone Nutty - Doom 3 (1 disc)
Cinepak - Jag Movies - TXG-MNX CinePak Movies (AKA Gone Nutty / Doom 3) (1 disk)
Cinepak - Night Of The Living Dead (3 disc Set)

And here's the pathetic excuse I just got to justify it:

It costs money to do High end reproduction DVD cases, color Laser printed Inserts and cd labels. Over 100 discs AFTER I paid the authors. The cost was $300, it cost that in material and was done to me as a favor. $300 AFTER I paid Authors

Any other guys on that list get any money? Groovey? Gorf? (LOL as if i care about that one) Songbird?

Reboot didn't.

Edited by CyranoJ

lolol

OK, that's a little more extensive than I thought. Selling bootlegs of current homebrews, retail Atari games and, well, pretty much anything that could end up on a CD and boot...

Well - one thing happens today or the witch hunt commences. Whoever is doing this comes forward, or someone else points the finger, because this shit is just not going to happen. Understood?

I was pretty meh about this when I thought it was those ST games because their existence itself is questionable and nobody has any rights over any of it. But I honestly can't believe this crap is happening again. When Hawken was found to be doing the same in private via that half-arsed "retro gaming hub" forum he was balls-deep in, I thought only someone as unhinged and detached from any good aspect of the scene could do stuff like that - offering bootlegs of homebrew/independently published/3rd party published games.

Impulse X

Robinson's Requiem

Elansar

Philia

Our stuff

and the list goes on.

That's just a middle finger to each and every active game producer out there.

• Like 6

Sad times! Unfortunately, there are douchebags in every scene. Don't let the jagtards get you down. By stopping making games and/or ports you let a small minority of turds win and you penalise the good folks out there.

Yeah that can't and won't happen.

But at the same time, this leeching off the devs can't be allowed to continue and we need to know who is involved.

It's not just us who put money into making the games that are getting screwed over, it's also the people like Console5, Good Deal Games, RGCD and Atari Age who put up big lumps of cash themselves to take stocks or produce these games that are being chucked out on crappy CD-R for a fraction of the cost it takes to do it properly and compensate everyone involved who put their own time/money/effort in.

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 8

It's not just us who put money into making the games that are getting screwed over, it's also the people like Console5, Good Deal Games, RGCD and Atari Age who put up big lumps of cash themselves to take stocks or produce these games that are being chucked out on crappy CD-R for a fraction of the cost it takes to do it properly and compensate everyone involved who put their own time/money/effort in.

Don't forget the cost of toner and DVD cases. Apparently that makes it all AAAAAYYEEE-OOOO-KAY.

there's probably less than 250 genuine Jaguar fans left on the Earth... and probably another 250 'collectards' - small pond to piss in, really.

Edited by CyranoJ

Are there games available to buy generic, that never came released originally on the Jaguar? Or people that make ROM's available? If it is from the person who distributes the code, I have no issue with paying money. I don't think that people should ruin it for the Jaguar community... I'm pretty new to the scene so I don't really know the full ins and outs, but... As a genuine Jaguar player (I hesitate to use the word 'collector' as I buy to play, even if it means unsealing a sealed game) I just want to have good games that are in a condition that Jaguar games would have come in originally, but in a manner that is reasonable and faithful to the effort put in from the person who makes/distributes the code... If that makes sense...

Edited by LianneJaguar64

A lot of merriment was made in the past at the expense of people who bemoaned the likelihood or actuality of 'Piracy' perhaps that was an inapporiate word, or perhaps it was sometimes expressed inexpertly.

THIS kind of sh*t however is exactly the kind of thing that was in mind, of at least some, as likely to happen.

So it is in no way a surprise to see it... even on this scale, more surprised as with others that it has taken as long as it has.

It's still a great pity.

Edit: I'm also sorry you're having to experience it. It's thoroughly crappy , the conversions were a nice thing and for it to come to this is very sad.

Edited by Atari_Owl
  • Like 3

A shame really on multiple levels. Too bad for the free ST games we won't see any more and without words for spreading copies of the games all the hombrewers worked on and are still selling. Too bad. But thanks for what we were given.

I was still hoping for FLOOD surfacing on the Jag one day, but played some IK+ a few days ago and really appreciated it. ;-)

• Like 2

A lot of merriment was made in the past at the expense of people who bemoaned the likelihood or actuality of 'Piracy' perhaps that was an inapporiate word, or perhaps it was sometimes expressed inexpertly.

THIS kind of sh*t however is exactly the kind of thing that was in mind, of at least some, as likely to happen.

So it is in no way a surprise to see it... even on this scale, more surprised as with others that it has taken as long as it has.

It's still a great pity.

Edit: I'm also sorry you're having to experience it. It's thoroughly crappy , the conversions were a nice thing and for it to come to this is very sad.

Well if it is piracy in any way I don't condone it... Is there space for a publisher? I don't mind putting funds in to manufacture copies that are authorised by the code distributors... Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?

It's still a great pity.

Meh, this isn't large scale piracy of likes heard from the Cries of the Ancients. This is just some scumbag with a printer. Trivial and insignificant. I doubt anyone is getting rich off this.

But I said at the top of the ports I'd stop if they started to be sold. So it is written.......

Don't really care about my stuff up there in that list - I GAVE IT ALL AWAY FOR FREE, it's the Impuse X and other stuff that's being sold.

Edited by CyranoJ

Meh, this isn't large scale piracy of likes heard from the Cries of the Ancients. This is just some scumbag with a printer. Trivial and insignificant. I doubt anyone is getting rich off this.

But I said at the top of the ports I'd stop if they started to be sold. So it is written.......

Don't really care about my stuff up there in that list - I GAVE IT ALL AWAY FOR FREE, it's the Impuse X and other stuff that's being sold.

It's a crappy thing that is happening whatever the stuff is. Given freely or sold... whoever is doing this is really low.

And whilst a few probably did overstate things, this is the kind of crap at least some others expected.