IGNORED

Messed up screen - need helpl

I need a little help here. Al was testing my 5200 conversion of Zaxxon and the intro screen is a little messed up on his 5200. I don't see the same problem on my 5200 so it could be some difference in the machines. His is an A/V modded 4-port while mine is stock 2-port. His other games work fine though, so it's possible I'm doing something wrong in the code. Maybe I'm initializing something incorrectly? Any suggestions?

Al's screen.

post-24519-0-75078600-1443806506_thumb.jpg

It should look like this

post-24519-0-97105100-1443806558_thumb.jpg

I'm going to test this same binary on two other 5200 systems later this afternoon. I know the game works fine on one of them, as i had the game running at the Classic Game Fest back in July without any issues. I'll report back here once I've done that.

The game appears to run fine, as far as I can tell. It's just the title screen that is wrong for some reason.

..Al

I think that was it. Checking a bit more in the emulator, it looks like I'm not setting the value in the shadow register until after the title screen finishes. I didn't catch it the first time it ran. Each time after that, the shadow register is retained during the "cold start" in the emulator. I'm not sure why it seems to work fine on my 2-port though.

Thanks kr0tki!