IGNORED

What 7800 games are you playing right now?

sramirez2008

Wait.. there's a joystick mode?!

How about a track-ball mode?

7800 Crossbow has 2 controller options - Light Gun and Joystick. Track-ball should be one more option to choose.

Since I'm using emulators, I always choose Joystick in this game (to emulate Joystick, I use the keyboard - arrows to move, Z and X keys to fire).

Played some FailSafe, Xenophobe and Pole Position II yesterday. Not sure Pole Position has held up too well. Liked it well enough when I had the Namco plug 'n play (has analog steering) and remember liking the 2600 version BITD. Oh well, will have to give it a go in another 10 years to see - because that's when I'll probably get around to trying it again. :rolling:

Xenophobe is still fun for relatively short gaming sessions and that's all I've ever devoted to this game until now. Points for picking up items, then points again for the same items after you clear a stage. The scoring system doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense that way, but whatever. More is better I guess! There were times I was still searching for the "code" to set the auto destruct, when out of the blue, the station went on red alert and I'd complete a stage somehow. Guess I was having too much fun exploring the station. lol Sometimes it would tell you that you cleared all Xeno's, but other times it seemed you just started flashing at some random point, thus clearing the level. Just NOW read the manual online and it explains that there are "several factors" in considering when you've cleared a stage. Clever writing to disguise or make an excuse for buggy code methinks. :lol:

Got pretty far in FailSafe. Found you gotta be careful when cruising after picking up the speed boost as it's pretty easy to run into things that'll blow you up! Long stages for sure, but the game gives you 40+ minutes to complete. Seems I was able to complete most within 5 minutes, but didn't spend all my time trying to blow each and everything up. I love the simplicity of tank games and this one adds some depth and a little strategy as you make your way through various terrain while paying attention to the turret patterns.

• Like 1

Got pretty far in FailSafe. Found you gotta be careful when cruising after picking up the speed boost as it's pretty easy to run into things that'll blow you up! Long stages for sure, but the game gives you 40+ minutes to complete. Seems I was able to complete most within 5 minutes, but didn't spend all my time trying to blow each and everything up. I love the simplicity of tank games and this one adds some depth and a little strategy as you make your way through various terrain while paying attention to the turret patterns.

Don't forget that some of FailSafe's settings are determined by the difficulty switches on the console. :)
You can have either 3 or 5 lives, and the choice between having 30 or 60 seconds to guess the code when you reach the end of the sixth terrain.
The manual is available from Bob's post here for any interested.
  • Like 2

It's a part of Asteroids Deluxe available at the AtariAge store.

The vector edition of original Asteroids will appear if you hold down the pause button while powering on the console.

Excellent! I have Asteroids Deluxe, just won't be able to play it until this weekend (away for work). :)