IGNORED

Carrot Kingdom™ - Work in Progress 32K! - New Demo 10-16-2017

Jinroh

Thanks so much! Glad you like it! :D

I can't wait for people to enjoy the demo, but I'm such a perfectionist, but soon! I get nearer everyday. ;3

Since I decided to use furry Anthro Jinny's portrait on the lives screen, Jinny's gotten a makeover after PiXL and I bounced some ideas back and forth the other night. I really love how she turned out. <3

JinnyGameBankswitch976_3.png

Edited by Jinroh
  • Like 5

Looking good. Can't wait to check the next demo!

Thanks so much! Glad you like it! :D

I can't wait for people to enjoy the demo, but I'm such a perfectionist, but soon! I get nearer everyday. ;3

Since I decided to use furry Anthro Jinny's portrait on the lives screen, Jinny's gotten a makeover after PiXL and I bounced some ideas back and forth the other night. I really love how she turned out. <3

JinnyGameBankswitch976_3.png

I had a rough week, last week, but I'm getting back to dev this evening on Carrot Kingdom™. I needed a short mental break, because I was burned out IRL.

The new fruit bat enemy is in now, there's still a bit to go for the actual demo, but I can make a teaser with some of the new things for you guys. :) Two enemies will be present in the demo, but there's a few more on the hot plate for some of the later levels and the full version of the demo level. ;)

I was trying to get the demo out by the end of this month, but that didn't happen. That's kind of a bummer, but real life sucks sometimes.

Thanks for being patient. :)

JinnyGameBankswitch977_1.png

Edited by Jinroh
  • Like 2

I had a rough week, last week, but I'm getting back to dev this evening on Carrot Kingdom. I needed a short mental break, because I was burned out IRL.

The new fruit bat enemy is in now, there's still a bit to go for the actual demo, but I can make a teaser with some of the new things for you guys. :) Two enemies will be present in the demo, but there's a few more on the hot plate for some of the later levels and the full version of the demo level. ;)

I was trying to get the demo out by the end of this month, but that didn't happen. That's kind of a bummer, but real life sucks sometimes.

Thanks for being patient. :)

JinnyGameBankswitch977_1.png

Sweet projectile enemy!

• Like 1

Thanks guys! :) Yeah I got a lot of incidental things I wanted to do this week finished. I appreciate the support, I really hope everyone enjoys it. :D

Still have to tweak the collision a bit, but I don't think it'll be too bad after mull over a few of my options.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks awesome!

Is the jumping physics set in stone? I wonder if it would be possible to make the jumps a little less floaty? Physics is hard on the 6502, but improved jumping physics could make the game feel a bit more polished to me.

Physics is hard on the 6502...

Not at all. :)

A simple and quite realistic jump physic would be:

• constant horizontal speed
  • initial vertical speed
  • reduce vertical speed by a constant value each frame (gravity!)

By tweaking the parameters, you can control how the jump feels and looks.

Looks awesome!

Is the jumping physics set in stone? I wonder if it would be possible to make the jumps a little less floaty? Physics is hard on the 6502, but improved jumping physics could make the game feel a bit more polished to me.

Glad you like! :D

Oh sure the jump parameters are adjustable, to me it feels spot on to what I was going for, but can be adjusted later on if needed. :D

Floaty's kind of a subjective thing, what exactly is your definition with that one? The moving while in the air? Jump height vs falling?

If it's how you like it, then don't change it on my account :)

For me, it's hard to put my finger on it, but the slow steady movement up and then back down. Maybe it's the fixed velocity up/down instead of acceleration? I don't know.

If it's how you like it, then don't change it on my account :)

For me, it's hard to put my finger on it, but the slow steady movement up and then back down. Maybe it's the fixed velocity up/down instead of acceleration? I don't know.

Ah I see yeah, no worries. I appreciate the feedback, I'll definitely be keeping it in mind. :)

I think you guys will enjoy the next level and boss too. :D It should raise the bar quite a bit.