Carrot Kingdom - Work in Progress 16K! - New Demo 9-23-2017

Catgirls Maids Carrots Assembly Bread Cats Sidescroller 16K

284 replies to this topic

#276 WizardBone OFFLINE  

WizardBone

Chopper Commander

• 107 posts

Posted Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:42 AM

I decided to play it for a bit when I shouldn't be hehe I love it, it does feel much smoother! I am also impressed by how much stuff you manage to fit, I would have figured scrolling would eat everything up. Took me a few tries to learn the game, but I like that about games, keeps you going back. I will give it a better play later, just couldn't resist haha I only detected one bug that I never noticed mentioned, I;m assuming you are aware, but will point it out in case, when you jump and then press down, a missile appears above your head? but thats a super easy bug to fix, not even worth worrying about until later. But yeah will try to get past the damn ghost tonight, wants to see what waits lol 

#277 darryl1970 OFFLINE  

darryl1970

Dragonstomper

• 791 posts

Posted Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:45 AM

Sweet. Love the new levels. The game is really coming along. Squeezing a lot out of the VCS!

#278 Jinroh OFFLINE  

Jinroh

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 596 posts
  • Catgirl Maid Lover

Posted Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:01 PM

Thanks! TCP/IP Brotocol!

Good news.

Despite being TOTALLY DISTRACTED by the new MLP Movie. I fixed the ghosts thing.

Carrot Kingdom Demo .8a

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changes:

Fixed Ghosts. (Nothing else cuz Ponies)

Attached File  CK_DEMO_8a.bin   16KB   44 downloads

CK_DEMO_8a.png

Edited by Jinroh, Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:05 PM.

#279 chavert OFFLINE  

chavert

Moonsweeper

• 273 posts

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:38 AM

Thanks for the demo of the game. :)

The game is more difficult than before and ghosts are too speedy.

#280 kdgarris OFFLINE  

kdgarris

Chopper Commander

• 210 posts

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:03 AM

I gave it a shot, too.  It's very cute, and has nice graphics, but I got my butt kicked pretty thoroughly and consistently.  I think as game developers we get too good at our own games due to all of our testing, and don't always realize how difficult they are for everyone else.

I'm looking forward to seeing future versions!

#281 WizardBone OFFLINE  

WizardBone

Chopper Commander

• 107 posts

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:06 PM

Boy do I suck at your game :P 
I keep getting further each time I play the new update, but slowly. 
In my cases I know why, it's because my brain doesn't wanna accept firebutton as jump and down to fire, That's just learning the controls with a stubborn brain, my problem not yours hehe
Um, I wanna make a suggestion for you? perhaps offset the timing on one of the ghost when they come at you. It seems to me, the "hard game" problem is they are timed exactly the same, by the time you kill one , the other is on top of you or just about to kill you. Or maybe I just suck at the game and timing. (I hate leaving suggestions lol)

#282 kdgarris OFFLINE  

kdgarris

Chopper Commander

• 210 posts

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:56 PM

It's hard to get my brain to accept down as fire, too.  :)  Is "up" mapped to anything yet?  I'm wondering if it would be more intuitive to have up for jump, and fire for fire.

#283 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

River Patroller

• 3,269 posts

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:43 PM

It's hard to get my brain to accept down as fire, too.   :)  Is "up" mapped to anything yet?  I'm wondering if it would be more intuitive to have up for jump, and fire for fire.

I agree .

#284 Jinroh OFFLINE  

Jinroh

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 596 posts
  • Catgirl Maid Lover

Posted Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:18 AM

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Hmm...I was actually following Random Terrain's guide for 'Fire' for jump.

Though I can see how it could be advantageous to do an 'Up' for jump and a 'Fire' for fire.

Work is sucking, but trying to get more progress done. :) I'll play around with some things. Probably I'll switch the controls for the next demo and we can see how we feel. :D

#285 WizardBone OFFLINE  

WizardBone

Chopper Commander

• 107 posts

Posted Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:35 PM

Work is sucking, but trying to get more progress done. :) I'll play around with some things. Probably I'll switch the controls for the next demo and we can see how we feel. :D

Awesome, something to try I guess. Can't wait to try.
Same, work is sucking life outta me lolll

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Catgirls, Maids, Carrots, Assembly, Bread Cats, Sidescroller, 16K

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users